The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As opposed to the secret ones they didn't tell us about?

Nixon or Bush Jr. - hard to choose between them.
Reply 2
Carter ovo.
Reply 3
Snookercraze
Please VOTE above.

If you make any other suggestions, please try to ensure that the 'majority' of TSR users will know of. Any president post-WW2 (>1945) should be acceptable.

Hows about JFK? If the conspiracy theories are to be taken lightly he never took a professional stance in his job and apparently had connections with the Soviet Union.
Reply 4
Isn't it clear Bush jnr will win this because he is the most recent. I'm sure if carter had just been president, he would have easily lost by a mile.
Jimmy Carter was awful.
Clinton and Bush are the only presidents I've really known, gotta be Bush
Reply 7
bexicle89
Hows about JFK? If the conspiracy theories are to be taken lightly he never took a professional stance in his job and apparently had connections with the Soviet Union.

Well Ithink it would be unfair. He was only president for a copule of years, and besides he'd the sympathy vote.
Reply 8
Carter sold Rhodesia down the river to Communism :talkhand:
Reply 9
JF Kennedy in my opinion
Dionysus
As opposed to the secret ones they didn't tell us about?

Nixon or Bush Jr. - hard to choose between them.

I think he means ones in power during a student's life time...
Reply 11
How can you create a poll of the worst post war presidents and only have four options?!
Dionysus
How can you create a poll of the worst post war presidents and only have four options?!

I don't know, admittedly that doesn't make sense, but I was just going by his thread title.
Not too fond of Tricky Dick or George W. But Sarah Palin has been the scariest out of most of the possibilities...
I'm surprised Reagan isn't in the poll. He's not exactly an obscure figure in modern history.
Reply 15
Ah, and TSR proves itself silly once again by just opting for the incumbent.

Richard Nixon is the obvious choice. A complete and utter snake of a man, so hideously without morals or decency, and did more to bring the office of President into disrepute than anyone before or since.

I've posted it before on the subject, but Hunter S Thompson's analysis of this complete **** of a human being is worth reading: http://www.counterpunch.org/thompson02212005.html
L i b
Ah, and TSR proves itself silly once again by just opting for the incumbent.

Richard Nixon is the obvious choice. A complete and utter snake of a man, so hideously without morals or decency, and did more to bring the office of President into disrepute than anyone before or since.

I've posted it before on the subject, but Hunter S Thompson's analysis of this complete **** of a human being is worth reading: http://www.counterpunch.org/thompson02212005.html

I consider Guantanamo Bay far more amoral then Nixon or the Watergate scandal. Though admittedly both are abhorrent.

Though having said that I haven't actually voted on the poll, I'm undecided, and simply playing Devil's Advocate with you :p:
Reply 17
Dionysus

Well I doubt anyone would pick Garfield. :rolleyes:
Nixon was a brilliant politician and did A LOT for america, he was just unloveable. Carter had to deal with the iran hostage crisis and will always be remembered for that, despite being a brilliant man. Reagan was an inept version of Thatcher. And George Bush sr was a better version of his son, who is the clear winner in this poll. Who, despite most 20 year olds thinking so, did not turn the white house into a joke...that was Clinton.

My summation of the presidencies since Nixon.
Reply 19
All of four (maybe except Jimmy Carter) but I really consider as the worse, GWB Jr.

Latest

Trending

Trending