The Student Room Group

He likes me, but

There's a guy who lives near me, we don't go to the same school but we're both members of this local club so I see him there quite often. We've started talking a hell of a lot recently, and I think he has a crush on me. I've got some feelings for him too, but I'm far too shallow, this being because he's both younger and shorter than me, and I don't want to look like some sort of babysitter when we're together. If I wear flat shoes then he's only a couple of cms shorter, but if I wear heels then I find myself looking down at him when I talk to him.
How much younger is he than you?
Can't you see past age and height?
Reply 2
She already said that she considers herself shallow and is finding it hard to overcome it. I doubt there is much online forums can do for you, ultimately it will be you who has to overcome this "shallowness". You have heard the arguments (against shallowness) already I am sure, just sit down and think about it carefully.
I was is this situation - I'm at uni and im a 2nd yr, 20, and hes a 1st yr, 18. he was shorter than me- in the same way u describe. The thing is, he was soooo cute, and really really nice... but it was not that I couldnt see past those things, I tried, it was more because of those things, I didnt feel the 'spark'. There were another few other reasons way I broke up with him, but I don't think its entirely 'shallow'. Height and age are part of what makes somebody attractive- and completes the package. I wouldn't worry what other people think either. There are plenty of people who go out with guys shorter than them. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending