The Student Room Group

Does my crush like me or is he just self absorbed or does he like someone else

this is a long story but please read it’s very interesting so much drama and I just really need help.

So I had a crush on this boy and I tried speaking to him because I sat next to him at the time and then i asked him what he got in his test and he asked me. Then we just exchanged scores and that’s it right. The next day I see him and im just staring at him whilst waiting for a friend and we make eye contact for like 3 seconds and he looks at me and then he looks somewhere else and smiles to himself.

I was shocked and I was like omg he likes me because he got so embarrassed. Anyway he used to never sit next to me, he always sat one seat away from me for some reason, right after that incident he started sitting closer right next to me in lesson which was so strange considering he always sat away and would be so annoyed if I ask to borrow his equipment.

Anyway, days pass and I’m trying to talk to him I ask him what he got in the second test and he tells me his score. He didn’t even ask for mine this time which really ****ed me off but at the end of the lesson he looked down and was like how many marks did you get and he looked so shy like seriously. I was so happy and I just told him what I got.

Later after all this,he started sitting away from. Me again which I was pretty annoyed with. Anyway I turned around and looked at him and he looked down and started smiling to himself then the next day he smiled at me as well.

But then couple of days later my friend tells me he likes another ***** so I got mad and I didn’t believe it because he clearly gets shy when he sees me. Then next day I saw him and her laughing sitting next to each other on a bench. A month later I catch him full on staring at me whilst I’m talking to my friend and he was like full on blank string instead of talking to his friends

I don’t know whether he liked me or not because I heard rumours he liked that ***** but he smiled at me twice and then get shy when I stare at him.??
Reply 1
this is a long story but please read it’s very interesting so much drama and I just really need help.

So I had a crush on this boy and I tried speaking to him because I sat next to him at the time and then i asked him what he got in his test and he asked me. Then we just exchanged scores and that’s it right. The next day I see him and im just staring at him whilst waiting for a friend and we make eye contact for like 3 seconds and he looks at me and then he looks somewhere else and smiles to himself.

I was shocked and I was like omg he likes me because he got so embarrassed. Anyway he used to never sit next to me, he always sat one seat away from me for some reason, right after that incident he started sitting closer right next to me in lesson which was so strange considering he always sat away and would be so annoyed if I ask to borrow his equipment.

Anyway, days pass and I’m trying to talk to him I ask him what he got in the second test and he tells me his score. He didn’t even ask for mine this time which really ****ed me off but at the end of the lesson he looked down and was like how many marks did you get and he looked so shy like seriously. I was so happy and I just told him what I got.

Later after all this,he started sitting away from. Me again which I was pretty annoyed with. Anyway I turned around and looked at him and he looked down and started smiling to himself then the next day he smiled at me as well.

But then couple of days later my friend tells me he likes another ***** so I got mad and I didn’t believe it because he clearly gets shy when he sees me. Then next day I saw him and her laughing sitting next to each other on a bench. A month later I catch him full on staring at me whilst I’m talking to my friend and he was like full on blank string instead of talking to his friends

I don’t know whether he liked me or not because I heard rumours he liked that ***** but he smiled at me twice and then get shy when I stare at him.?? Btw he has no girls on his socials apart from that one girl. I tried to follow him on socials and he didn’t even follow me back and when I gave him a note in class for his insta he acted like he didn’t see it which embarrassed me so much. This is one reason why i don’t think he likes me.

My friend told me that another girl also tried hard to impress him and it just looks like he smiles to himself because he’s just happy that someone has a crush on them so my friend said it could be the case.

But listen if he really didn’t have a crush on me and simply was flattered why on earth would he smile at me two times and he even tried talking to me and when he did talk to me he looked down and looked so extremely shy, that too at the end of the lesson. Also I don’t understand why he would blankly stare at me whilst I’m talking to my friends even though his friends were all having fun.

But it’s true that whenever I stare or admire his looks he smiles to himself. Anyway there were also lots of rumours that he liked the other girl but why the hell is he doing this to me?
Original post by Manarra2209

I don’t know whether he liked me or not because I heard rumours he liked that ***** but he smiled at me twice and then get shy when I stare at him.?? Btw he has no girls on his socials apart from that one girl. I tried to follow him on socials and he didn’t even follow me back and when I gave him a note in class for his insta he acted like he didn’t see it which embarrassed me so much. This is one reason why i don’t think he likes me.

My friend told me that another girl also tried hard to impress him and it just looks like he smiles to himself because he’s just happy that someone has a crush on them so my friend said it could be the case.

But listen if he really didn’t have a crush on me and simply was flattered why on earth would he smile at me two times and he even tried talking to me and when he did talk to me he looked down and looked so extremely shy, that too at the end of the lesson. Also I don’t understand why he would blankly stare at me whilst I’m talking to my friends even though his friends were all having fun.

But it’s true that whenever I stare or admire his looks he smiles to himself. Anyway there were also lots of rumours that he liked the other girl but why the hell is he doing this to me?

Seems like he knows all the tricks to woo girls. He spends his time watching TikTok videos about girls. If you're interested, just go ahead and ask him out. But, be careful around guys like him. Anyways, I hope you have a great life ahead!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Seems like he knows all the tricks to woo girls. He spends his time watching TikTok videos about girls. If you're interested, just go ahead and ask him out. But, be careful around guys like him. Anyways, I hope you have a great life ahead!

So do you think he may have had a crush on me, ur honest opinion
Well... ask him out then!
Reply 5
No I don’t want to because I followed him on insta and he didn’t follow me back and then I gave him a note in class for his insta and he full on ignored the note and continued looking at what the teacher was explaining. It was so embarrassing and I cried. After this he never really did anything he just started at me blankly like I said that one time
Reply 6

Ask him.
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Ask him.

U know I followed him the day he smiled at me and he never followed me back so I thought he probs didn’t know it was me so I asked for his insta in class through a note and he ignored the note like proper ignored it, it was so embarrassing I cried so much after, I don’t know after this whether he liked me or not 😭
So... what are you going to do about it?
Putting myself in your shoes: I like a guy, but am not sure if he likes me. He used to smile shyly when I looked at him, but no longer. He doesn't know me very well, so didn't follow me on Instagram. Point is however, that I have a crush on him still - but I would not ask him out for fear of rejection.

Really you want to make yourself clear. I too was once a shy guy, and I can safely say that he probably likes you to some extent, whether that be romantically or not. I would still recommend asking him out. Maybe he's interested, maybe not. But at least you'll know for sure.

And think how you'd feel if someone you aren't interested in asked you out anyway - flattered I'm sure?

I feel like he's messing with your feelings. You deserve someone who's genuine and real with you. It's totally up to you, but I think you should think twice before asking him out..

not to burst your bubble but just because someone gets shy around you, smiles and stares at you doesn't mean they like you. I do that with people and i like no one. He could be zoning out and being a nice person.
If he pays attention to this girl than you, I think it would be safe to assume that he likes her more than you but either that, it's hard to tell bc not alot of info is given. This being all said, I wouldn't rule this out for him not liking you - it all seems 50/50 atm

I don’t know whether he liked me or not because I heard rumours he liked that ***** but he smiled at me twice and then get shy when I stare at him.??

more context is needed bc atm its hard to say
Original post by Anonymous
not to burst your bubble but just because someone gets shy around you, smiles and stares at you doesn't mean they like you. I do that with people and i like no one. He could be zoning out and being a nice person.
If he pays attention to this girl than you, I think it would be safe to assume that he likes her more than you but either that, it's hard to tell bc not alot of info is given. This being all said, I wouldn't rule this out for him not liking you - it all seems 50/50 atm

same i also think so , social media made people think that
Shyness: It's possible that he is naturally shy and becomes nervous or awkward around people he's attracted to. This might explain why he gets shy when talking to you or smiles when you make eye contact.

Mixed Signals: Sometimes people give mixed signals unintentionally. He might be unsure of his own feelings or be receiving attention from multiple people, which can lead to inconsistent behavior.

Friendships: People can have strong platonic friendships, and sitting next to or laughing with another girl doesn't necessarily mean he's romantically interested in her.

Social Media: Not following you on social media or not responding to a note may not necessarily indicate a lack of interest. Some people are cautious on social media or have personal reasons for their online behavior.

Miscommunication: Miscommunication can often happen in these situations. He may not be aware that his actions are causing confusion or that there are rumors circulating about his feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending