The Student Room Group
Very Hard Work (14-16 hours a day) 3 months to 4 months.
No one doing these A-levels? :smile:
Psychology A level is the most stupidly easy thing going. I went to 3 classes in my second year (A2 Year) and scored 105/105 in both final exams.
Sort life out!
No one doing these A-levels? :smile:

Well I did the Maths A level, not the others though. It wasn't too bad, but the problem is that it requires a lot of practice to learn all those formulae and stuff like that, so it could take a while.
Well I'm awful at maths so I imagine it would be nigh on impossible for me to do well in Maths and Economics. Psychology on the other hand I love, so I could probably teach myself that in maybe 6 months if I worked my ass off. Not that I'd care to do that.
secretmessages
Well I did the Maths A level, not the others though. It wasn't too bad, but the problem is that it requires a lot of practice to learn all those formulae and stuff like that, so it could take a while.

How long does that practice take....Well, how long did it take?
Sort life out!

Well, I had 7 lessons a fortnight for two years. Each lesson was an hour. Then about three hours of homework most weeks. Obviously I don't need that much time (I could probably work faster if I wanted :p:) but for me it took quite a while.
Reply 8
Sort life out!

Proficiency in Maths will depend on how long it takes to grasp the contents so that question varies for everyone depending on your mathematical ability.
How about economics? Anyone?
Reply 10
I got an A in both AS and A2 economics in Jan '09 and May '09. I studied like 5/6 hours self taught (fluctuated, some weeks I'd do nothing and others I'd go crazy) a week from October to December for the AS, and the same from Feb to late April for the A2. I really didn't find it that hard tbh despite it being held as one of the tougher A levels.
I think if you're good at GCSE maths, you can pull it off. For maths especially, I would study each topic separately (i.e. one topic in two days) and do the questions/exercises on the study book. Once you've studied one module, have a crack at the past papers, do as many as you can, because then you'll start to see a pattern/similarity with the exam questions and you'll ace them :biggrin:
With very Hard work a few weeks maybe. Wont take anyone much longer than that to learn them if they work enough.
Reply 13
These types of questions are always ridiculous.

How long does it take for someone to earn a black-belt in karate?

How long does it take for someone to learn french?

Stop looking at others to gauge your own ability.

Open up a textbook and start going through it to see how long it takes you to grasp the concepts.
Probably get a pass in all with a day revision in each. Pass being like a D.

Latest