The Student Room Group

Is there an actual point in sitting A level exams

If exams make me anxious and I would love to just learn the content for Maths, Physics and Chemistry but not put myself through exam stress.

Am I still an A level student?
Reply 1
Original post by umazuk
If exams make me anxious and I would love to just learn the content for Maths, Physics and Chemistry but not put myself through exam stress.

of course you are. I think many would enjoy learning the content for their chosen a-levels and not sitting the exam. But we have to. Try going to the library it helped me revise and could help u do exam papers to get use to the exam.
Original post by umazuk

If you're studying the A level specification, I think you can call yourself an A level student. However, by not taking any of the exams you could never prove to anyone (employer, university, etc.) that you had the knowledge that an A level student would have gained. So you'd be learning just for the sheer love of learning.

For most people, that isn't enough as they realise that they need to earn money and contribute to society at some point - which is where the need to prove your knowledge comes it. Hence exams, unfortunately. :frown:

If exams aren't your thing, have you considered other qualifications like BTECs or T levels?
Reply 3
think about what you want to do the exams for and what they will do for you,, if you want to just study for fun then you could maybe do it in collage or become a tutor...hope this helps,:smile:
Original post by umazuk

(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by umazuk
xxx

???
Well, that escalated quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest