The Student Room Group

Seeing an ex before an exam.

So my ex and I broke up in Jan. I didn't cope with it well. Though i'm fine now. He goes to the same college as me, and since then i've tried my best to avoid him. Despite being in the same building, i've only seen him like 3 times since the break up. Problem is, when I do see him, I cry :frown: ..........I found out the other day, that my media exam is actually next door to his maths exam, so naturally i'm going to end up seeing him right before the exam, but I can't afford to cry, I really can't be dealing with that right before an exam.

So my question to you guys, how do you deal with breaking up with an ex and still seeing them? Don't get me wrong, I think I am kind of over it, it doesn't make me sad anymore - unless I see him. So yeah, how do you get into the mind frame that you don't care when you see them. Don't even bat an eyelid. Help? I need to grasp this before June 15th!
get inside the exam early?
it's been a long time, you need to just forget about him. there's no need to cry when you see him, anything that happened (unless it was particularly horrific, sorry) you should just forget about.
i'd go to the exam early, and not be looking out for him. i imagine if you're anxious you'll see him you'll be looking around and more likely to spot him!
Reply 3
Maybe just stay with your friends, maybe tell a close mate, and don't look around at other people to reduce chances of seeing him?
I know how you feel, every time I see my ex I feel like crying and feel like a piece inside of me has died all over again. However, you have to be strong for yourself, crying just makes things worse and the thing which makes me be able to not cry when I see my ex is realising that he would never cry over me. At first this thought was a shock and harsh reality to face, but realise that you deserve so much more than this - the first time not crying is the hardest, but once you get the first time over you will feel so much better about yourself and will know you can get through the next times! good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
You're pathetic. How can you possibly feel so sad about breaking up that simply seeing him causes you to be overcome with emotion?
ms500
You're pathetic. How can you possibly feel so sad about breaking up that simply seeing him causes you to be overcome with emotion?

Clearly you've never loved somebody before.
Reply 7
Pinkaddiction23
Clearly you've never loved somebody before.

There is no such thing as love, it is an illusion.

There is survival and there is mating and reproduction, but don't confuse it with love.
ms500
There is no such thing as love, it is an illusion.

There is survival and there is mating and reproduction, but don't confuse it with love.

Bless you.
Reply 9
if you see him turnaround and never look at him until after the exam

Latest

Trending

Trending