The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I have a cold shiver down my spine but I think that's just because I have read others' reactions.

Isn't this basically a fear of honeycombs? :confused:
I have it :eek:
Reply 82
jack1993jack
those pictures dont affect me in any way :smile:

i like ur blog :yep:
Reply 83
xmarilynx
I've never even thought about this before, but I just googled it and some of the photos did actually freak me out a bit, especially this one:

Spoiler

I wasn't keen on the pictures of plants with holes in them either :s-smilie: But then the rocks with holes in them didn't bother me at all, and I've never noticed it IRL :dontknow:

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thee worst thing, ever. My muscles felt all weird :frown:
Reply 84
Oh my God, I thought I was a complete and utter freak for being scared of this! I'm currently itching like there's no tomorrow :|

snowstorm
Urgh those pictures didn't make me itch but they definitely made me feel uneasy. Theres a sanex advert that I hate looking at because it looks like there are lots of holes.

Arghh sdifdufhsidhf that advert is the most disgusting thing ever.
Reply 85
Meh, didn't do anything for me.
Reply 86
Weird.
I'm scared of water. :yep:
It discomforted me.
Thought I'd be okay.
But I did shiver.
I sometimes wondered what this phobia might be as I've noticed this years ago.... and it does exist.. arghh hate it >.<
Reply 90
keep_the_faith
I have this, massively. Damn the people who created the breast maggot picture, and the one of the oriental girl with the holes in her elbows and knees.

My neck got itchy typing that.

That gave me nightmares :frown:
This always makes my teeth feel squishy. Like i could just bite through them with my gums. It's horrible.
Did nothing for me.
That was definately a rather odd feeling, just a shiver at the picture with the person and the holes, but didn't expect it.
Me, my sister and my mum suffer from this. Every time I see something like this, it makes me (and I actually do this) want to scratch my whole face off, eyeballs and all. My sister's even like pushed her face into the corner of a wall for like 5 mins.

Somehow I think my family suffer from this severely considering I want to gouge my own eyes out and pure scratch my face off. Apparently it isn't a phobia at all, it doesn't trigger the same parts of the brain as normal phobias do. The explanation I found was that the brain naturally thinks of disease when you see something like this and rejects the thought and doesn't know what to do, so people like me end up doing all sorts of crazy things even when they don't mean to.

I first discovered this when I was in Year 4, when i was playing with a hair bobble and the elastic started to seep through the material. I freaked the f**k out and ran away xD. Also mine's anything holey, seeping through holes or holey things in a certain pattern, or circles falling in a certain pattern.
Reply 95
Ewww! I was eating my dinner when i saw the pictures! Shiver!!
Reply 96
The more I looked at the images the creepier it got. Nothing that bad though.
Obadetona
I just found out I suffer from trypophobia, I have no idea why, I first remember it happening when I was in around year 5/6. For most of my life I thought it was just my body being weird, but it's kinda nice to know other people have the problem too. I really would rather not google it (because i have it) but apparently lots of people do so feel free to try.

If you shiver, gag or get itchy looking at those images, then I'm afraid you have it too.

I remember telling my friend about this once, hating to look at holes and cracks in the ground and she thought I was mental! Lol, now I know there's a name for it!
Gross, I'm not even looking.

I've known for ages that I've got that.
Reply 99
Hah, I was expecting something really gruesome.

Latest

Trending

Trending