The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Griffin23
Then why look at it

Original post by Kenny_uk
So why bother reading/posting on it?

Personally I find it interesting/funny to see how different people keep their desks, and i'm quite enjoying this thread.

I didnt read it :P i looked at the thread name, sighed to myself, read the OP, commented and left fully demoralised
Original post by HotCoco.

Original post by HotCoco.
Don't trip over. :colondollar:

Argh I know. The desk is in-built so no way of putting the cables behind it like a usually would :frown:
Reply 102
Original post by nofish4u
I didnt read it :P i looked at the thread name, sighed to myself, read the OP, commented and left fully demoralised

So you did read.... and you've just come back to read again. =]
So you did read.... and you've just come back to read again. =]

It only took a glance: p and im not back by choice, only my polite upbringing is responsible for my return
Original post by loonyplatypus

FAIRY LIGHTS! :woo:

OH OH OH I nearly forgot, signed Brandon Flowers ticket on the middle shelf, next to the flowers :love:

You have a signed Brandon Flowers ticket... :cry2:

How was the show?
How was he to meet? Was he nice?
Is he looking good (he seems to have aged a bit recently...)?
...Sorry, my inner fan girl just managed to escape there, I'll control myself.
Attachment not found
Reply 106
Original post by gradyhawks
I will clean it up later on today and then do a re-take. I always need to re-arange everything every time I clean my desk!

EDIT: Sod it, will clean up now! :biggrin:

zomg, levitating laptop!
Original post by Peachesishere
You have a signed Brandon Flowers ticket... :cry2:

How was the show?
How was he to meet? Was he nice?
Is he looking good (he seems to have aged a bit recently...)?
...Sorry, my inner fan girl just managed to escape there, I'll control myself.

There's no need to apologise for being a Brandon fangirl :wink:

The show was incredible, I was only two rows from the front, and right in the centre :biggrin: He looked really happy all the way through, he was really enjoying it, and he sings so beautifully live, he sounds even better than on the album :suith: I only got to meet him very briefly at the end because there were still a lot of people around and he got mobbed almost as soon as he came out. I was the first person he turned to, and he signed my ticket and then used my pen to sign a couple of other people's, and I though he was just going to take it, but he turned around to find me, smiled and said thanks, and gave it back (touched his hand!). Then everyone was all crowded around him and stuff, so I was the only person he interacted with really :h: He looked amazing, totally gorgeous, I couldn't believe that he was really there in front of me! Best night of my life :love:
Reply 108
I really like your screen =]

If the monitor then it was expensive but very worth it, and has gone up in price since I bought it over a year ago :biggrin:

If the desktop image then thanks, I took it myself and was rather happy with it.
Reply 109
Original post by dhr90

If the monitor then it was expensive but very worth it, and has gone up in price since I bought it over a year ago :biggrin:

If the desktop image then thanks, I took it myself and was rather happy with it.

Both :P I have a thing for monitors... If they look like crap, I cant use them. Guess I'm kinda vain that way >>
Reply 110
Both :P I have a thing for monitors... If they look like crap, I cant use them. Guess I'm kinda vain that way >>

I don't blame you. I dislike crap monitors both looks and performance wise. It's a Dell SP2309W if you are interested.
Reply 111
Original post by dhr90
I don't blame you. I dislike crap monitors both looks and performance wise. It's a Dell SP2309W if you are interested.

Ah unfortunately, I'm on a laptop and current dont have a desk for one :frown: Nice though! :wink:
Original post by LemonPi
I have always secretly loved threads like these :smile:. Cannot resist...

Tidying it up just for this photo would have been ridiculous, now, wouldn't it :tongue: ?

I have that cup!!
Original post by mrnightcat
My desk here in China. If you're wondering why it's all cutesy, it's because I live here with my girlfriend and I'm happy to give her free reign with decoration. Besides, I'd only turn it formal and minimalistic, and when I'm sitting studying Chinese till 3am listening to Faye Wong's entire collection, it's nice to have something smiley to look at, right?

The desk is a mix of half-mine-half-hers.

Top left shelf has a bit of whsky and Cointreau, and below it is my small CD collection. Top right is the downstairs bookshelf (that's Twilight in Chinese), and below that is a little cuddly collection. The green guy with earmuffs is Qi Zai, from the film CJ7. The little red one is an Ox from the 2009 Spring Festival. On the desk is my textbook, etc.

OMG CJ7!!!i love that film, your desk space is soooo cute
Reply 114

My desk :smile: Got my iPod dock and my laptop, would usually have my xbox at the side as well but got the red rings and it was out of warranty, so I have to save my monies for a new one :frown:
Original post by loonyplatypus
There's no need to apologise for being a Brandon fangirl :wink:

The show was incredible, I was only two rows from the front, and right in the centre :biggrin: He looked really happy all the way through, he was really enjoying it, and he sings so beautifully live, he sounds even better than on the album :suith: I only got to meet him very briefly at the end because there were still a lot of people around and he got mobbed almost as soon as he came out. I was the first person he turned to, and he signed my ticket and then used my pen to sign a couple of other people's, and I though he was just going to take it, but he turned around to find me, smiled and said thanks, and gave it back (touched his hand!). Then everyone was all crowded around him and stuff, so I was the only person he interacted with really :h: He looked amazing, totally gorgeous, I couldn't believe that he was really there in front of me! Best night of my life :love:

Aaw, I'm so jealous! I didn't bother getting a ticket because I really didn't like the album at first, but now it's really grown on me and I'm so annoyed I didn't go! It sounded amazing, he has such a pure voice live and I love his little (kind of goofy) dance move he sometimes does.
Ahh that's so nice though! A lot of musicians don't give their fans the time of day. He seems so polite bless him. Knowing me though I'd just be a jabbering, drooling mess and make an utter fool of myself.
I bet he has soft hands :yep: He probably moisturises. :wink: You might want to keep hold of that pen now, I know I definitely would...just think Brandons imprint is on it :ninja:
Original post by Peachesishere
Aaw, I'm so jealous! I didn't bother getting a ticket because I really didn't like the album at first, but now it's really grown on me and I'm so annoyed I didn't go! It sounded amazing, he has such a pure voice live and I love his little (kind of goofy) dance move he sometimes does.
Ahh that's so nice though! A lot of musicians don't give their fans the time of day. He seems so polite bless him. Knowing me though I'd just be a jabbering, drooling mess and make an utter fool of myself.
I bet he has soft hands :yep: He probably moisturises. :wink: You might want to keep hold of that pen now, I know I definitely would...just think Brandons imprint is on it :ninja:

Aww that sucks, it was an amazing concert and Flamingo is just a gorgeous album :suith: We got the snap-dance during Only The Young! I think I screamed involuntarily at that point xD
I was like that afterwards, I was stood in the street watching everyone else crowd round him and then he got onto the tourbus and I was stood there, totally lost for words, trying not to cry!
He did have very soft hands :biggrin: And of course I've kept the pen! It was actually my sister's but now it's sitting just in front of the signed ticket on my desk, I'm not letting her have it back :p:
Reply 117
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
I have that cup!!

Did it come with the Dairy Milk Easter egg?

Mine did :biggrin:
Original post by chernij
Argh I know. The desk is in-built so no way of putting the cables behind it like a usually would :frown:

Ha well I can see that! Which halls are you in? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending