The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by SpiritedAway
x

Uni of Essex - There is not much to show really :h:

Is that a room from one of the towers? I didn't get to see inside them on an open day a few years ago.
Original post by dhr90
Is that a room from one of the towers? I didn't get to see inside them on an open day a few years ago.

Yeah, the south :yep:
Reply 1062
Original post by alphaeta08
Wow, these rooms are enormous!:eek: It's weird seeing so many singles. I can't imagine not having a roommate - or a bed on the floor! I've lived in a sorority for the past two years; the rooms are a little bigger, and I shared a room with three girls last year and one this year.

It's also funny to see people freaking out about sharing bathrooms! It's just part of the deal here, and it never occurred to me that en-suite was a possibility. Our hall probably had six showers and toilets for about 50 girls. Really not an issue - that's what shower flip-flops are for.

This was my freshman dorm room at my (American) university, and it was typical for my school. My bed is nearest the door with blue sheets. My roommate was really messy!

I share a room, but I'm in a London uni and halls are expensive so it's for the people who want cheaper rooms; it's not normal for English unis really. Also my room is the only shared room in a corridor of 9 rooms, and I reckon it's the same ratio across the whole uni.

Also, it's only first year people live in halls, so in 2nd year and up everyone moves into private accommodation. It's probably even rarer to get shared rooms in a house!

It's probably the different attitudes - it's way more common in America so people are just used to the idea, whereas here it's really odd because it rarely happens.

P.S. what is living in a sorority?
Original post by jabed786
i have an urge to go to your room and tidy it for you =/

I second that.
St. John's Cambridge :smile:

Entrance corridor

Bedroom (room to the left from corridor)

Living Room/Study (room straight ahead from corridor)
I don't think I've posted in here before...Ah well, if so.

Nice and cosy
Reply 1067
Original post by OhThatAintSherbertSon
Is that your handbag on the wardrobe door?

loooooooool
Reply 1068
Original post by Law123mus

Nice and cosy

lmfao

Spoiler

Uni of Essex - There is not much to show really :h:

How do you fit through that door? :lolwut:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
How do you fit through that door? :lolwut:

I'm not that fat :colonhash:
Original post by llacerta
I don't think I've posted in here before...Ah well, if so.

This is so nice!

Love your hot chip poster ^_^
Reply 1072
Yeah, the south :yep:

They don't look that nice, bit jail cell like to me. Still if you like it then thats what counts as it is your room.
Original post by dhr90
They don't look that nice, bit jail cell like to me. Still if you like it then thats what counts as it is your room.

No, everyone agrees they look like a jail cell, but they're also some of the cheapest student accom. in the country, so I guess you get what you pay for. It's not aesthetically pleasing, but for an academic year it'll do :biggrin:
Original post by LinzyLoo
I had 7 hamsters, 2 rats, 5 fish and a frog. And no we weren't allowed pets.

Holy ****, which uni halls were you staying in out of curiosity?
Can i assume that you had 7 hamsters at once too? because damn, you got through a lot otherwise.
No UCL, KCL or Edinburgh?

hmmm:frown:
Reply 1076
Original post by jayjaybird33
No UCL, KCL or Edinburgh?

hmmm:frown:

Tbh I don't think it would be that useful. I'm at UCL and the accommodation varies so much between halls. Even if I were able to post a picture of my room (no camera :frown:) it'll probably look very different to one you end up living in.
Original post by alphaeta08

what if you want to have sex?
Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein
what if you want to have sex?

Haha, well, you either ignore it and try to sleep, or set up a schedule with your roommate.:cool: Being sexiled (exiled because of sex) if just part of the experience!

It's better than banging in a fraternity coldair with 100 other guys around (which I've never done because, eww). This isn't an actual fraternity, but they look like this except more... fratty:
Where would they put their stuff?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending