The Student Room Group

Abercrombie/Hollister/Jack Wills

Scroll to see replies

I like the clothes because it's a refreshing change from all this Indie crap people are wearing these days. Nice to get a bit of American culture in ours. However, it is quite pricey, but no more than places like Topshop etc.
i hate everyone that wears A&F, hollister and Jack Wills branded clothing.
I love them all, but Abercrombie is my favourite. The standard of clothing and cologne there is just fantastic. :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by FutureMedic!
i hate everyone that wears A&F, hollister and Jack Wills branded clothing.

Just saying that makes you sound like you're jealous tbh. Unless you give a real reason..

Original post by KingMessi
I love them all, but Abercrombie is my favourite. The standard of clothing and cologne there is just fantastic. :smile:

I LOVE the cologne, fierce. yummm. :smile: I was tempted to buy it for myself.. but that might look a bit weird :')
Reply 24
I'm of the opinion that people that _hate_ Hollister/A&F/JW just for the reason taht they are Holl/fitch/JW are very very silly.

Also the people that complain about the shirts just having the logo blazoned across them.

I wear a LOT of hollister and have only started really wearing it this year. That being said, I do have in my wardrobe a lot of nameless stuff, a lot of high designer brands, a lot of high street stuff and everything else.

Hollister/AnF and JW are just another brand. They're considerably pricier than some other brands but they are VERY comfy. The trackies are, by far, the most comfortable things you can wear as bottoms. Short of actually turning up to lectures in my boxer shorts, I dont think I could imagine anything more cosy than them. The shirts are of a good quality and the t-shirts are of a durable and nice material. In general I take better care over my hollister gear than I do my h&m, river island etc. because it is genuinely nicer in both material and design.

sure, there are people that buy it because its LOLOL hollister and there are people that only wear it to fit into the stereotype. but dismissing a brand simply because of this is either a massive case of jelly or a resentment of that class of people.

I wear hollister because it looks and feels nice.

PS: Price is relative. What is insanely expensive to some is jsut regular for others.
The clothes I have no problem with, but the people I often find wearing them... they're often vapid, soulless, incredibly shallow rich girls. No. Thank. You.

To be fair, one of my best female friends wears them... and I wouldn't describe her as such.
Original post by Summergirl.x
Just saying that makes you sound like you're jealous tbh. Unless you give a real reason..

i am most definitely not jealous of anyone that wears those brands. 90% of people i know that wear JW, A&F and Hollister only do so to appear rich and preppy, but in reality they are just too lacking in style and/or money to buy proper brands. Jealous? Nah.
Original post by harrietta
No. It's a boring shop. Everyone looks the same. The clothes are so 'L.A preppy'. They have no individuality. They aren't stylish, as nothing is actually on trend.

AND it is madly overpriced for a top with the word 'hollister' on.

kind of agree with you. except where i live, everyone's got one of those ralph lauren polo 3s. it just defeats the purpose after awhile. it used to be cool when it was exclusive but now its losing its appeal after the whole world has them.
Reply 28
I love the clothing from all 3 shops, and wear the items quite often, but i tend to mix it up a bit with other brands like top shop etc otherwise i feel like iv gone over the top. LOVE the hollister jeans, got 3 pairs and wear them all the time!
The only thing annoys me with the shops is how they employ staff, its all about looks most of the time. Im going to Uni in cambridge next year and going to try and get a job in hollister, Hopefully they employ me, however im not like really skinny, size 10, so fingers crossed!
I find their clothes boring. Good quality and well made, but really boring. They're very plain, they're all very similar and they're VERY overpriced.

Sometimes I think people wear them for the brand alone. Wear a plain grey sweatshirt: no-one cares, wear a plain grey sweatshirt with the little emblem on it: "wow, nice £60 Jack Wills sweatshirt!" - don't say it doesn't happen because we all know it does, and that's why lots of people buy it. I don't care that you can afford a different coloured Hollister polo shirt for each day of the week - you still look boring.

I really don't care for these overpriced student brands - I don't like looking like a clone. If you like something, fair enough, but I can't stand the people who solely buy certain brands, because it means they clearly care far too much about the branding.
Reply 30
i am most definitely not jealous of anyone that wears those brands. 90% of people i know that wear JW, A&F and Hollister only do so to appear rich and preppy, but in reality they are just too lacking in style and/or money to buy proper brands. Jealous? Nah.

90% of the time?! You either live in quite a deprived area where people wear the brands just as you say or you're just being ridiculous. Have you ever thought that maybe people buy these clothes because they look good?
applecrumble and fish
abercrombie and fitch
90% of the time?! You either live in quite a deprived area where people wear the brands just as you say or you're just being ridiculous. Have you ever thought that maybe people buy these clothes because they look good?

But they don't?? End of.
Reply 33
Like all 3 of them, Jack Wills hoodie that i'm wearing now is so warm!
Reply 34
Original post by mynameisjj
I love the clothing from all 3 shops, and wear the items quite often, but i tend to mix it up a bit with other brands like top shop etc otherwise i feel like iv gone over the top. LOVE the hollister jeans, got 3 pairs and wear them all the time!
The only thing annoys me with the shops is how they employ staff, its all about looks most of the time. Im going to Uni in cambridge next year and going to try and get a job in hollister, Hopefully they employ me, however im not like really skinny, size 10, so fingers crossed!

They've done the first lot of interviews. They send the photos of you off to Hollister HQ in America and the managers decide based on your looks, so it's 100% looks. The job isn't actually that good tbh, because you're employed on a 0 hours per month contract, they employ about 300 staff or more, so you're lucky to get more than about 2 hours work a month. You've got to call all the guys that work there "dude" and all the girls "betty". You're told to loose weight if they don't agree with your figure. You can't have unnatural dyed hair and only ears pierced once. They are allowed to do all this legally because you are employed as a store model and not a shop worker. I know all this because several of my friends have been offered a job there. Tbh, I wouldn't want to work there.
Reply 35
But they don't?? End of.

no, now you're just being ignorant. go to a party where everyone is of private school education and you'll all find them wearing it. they aren't "appearing to be rich" they are rich.
They're all ****.
no, now you're just being ignorant. go to a party where everyone is of private school education and you'll all find them wearing it. they aren't "appearing to be rich" they are rich.

Rich kids all wear the same boring clothes? LOL, you'd think they could afford to dress how they want, not like a clone. Boy, I hope I never become one of those posh t***s
Original post by emeleh
I love the online Jack Wills outlet shop! With the last seasons set of items, but discounted :biggrin:

Got a link? :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Jonnislats
Jack Wills used to be very preppy, but chavs have got hold of it now, hence Aublin and Wills (think that's what it's called)!
Hollister is awesome, although shops are popping up everywhere now so it's rather common now, although the prices aren't expensive at all, £40 for a hoodie!!
A and F is cool too, very expensive in England however much better prices in America obviously, so if you go there make sure you stock up, just like I did!!

£40 for a hoody isn't expensive??? What planet do you live on?

Quick Reply

Latest