The Student Room Group

Sweating

been sweating alot mor elately mainly from under arms i use roll on and sure deo and still within a hour or two iv got patches any advice? im a guy by the way
Reply 1
i get this too... wear a loose shirt?
Reply 2
I get it when I use particular deodorants. Try a better one?
Reply 3
Don't think about it, because if you think about it, it will get worse.
Original post by GBateman
Don't think about it, because if you think about it, it will get worse.

You do realise that your advice is impossible to follow. If i told you not to think of a white elephant, i guarantee you that it would be the first thing you thought of.

Spoiler

i had this, i went to the doctor and got this deodrant stuff cant remember what it is called but it begins with D. it basically blocks your sweat ducts,you put it on before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning

try the doctors:smile:
Reply 6
I mean when it is happening, don't be like "****! I'm sweating! WTF do I do?!" because then you panic, body temperature increases and it gets worse.

Just go to the bathroom and stick the damp patches under the hand dryer - that's what I do when it happens to me. Just make sure no one walks in.
Reply 7
I'm a 17 year old girl and since I was in nursery I sweat more than anyone else. I have Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). I've lived with it, but sweating is an irritating and embarrassing problem.

As you've been sweating just recnetly, you may not have what I have, your life right now may be just a little bit stressful, or maybe you put on some weight over the holidays. Either way, just drink plenty of water and if possible if you ever make yourself some fruit smoothies etc, add salt, as you lose salt when you sweat.

If the problem continues go to your doctor, I did and now I'm on beta-blockers which stops sweating (not completely) but it does a satisfying job. At first they put me on a medicated deodrant which worked but was a pain to do, so I moved onto the beta-blockers.

Hope this helps :smile: I;ve been there, thinking that no one else has this problem and that I'm the only one, but if it is Hyperhidrosis, you're not alone. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
been sweating alot mor elately mainly from under arms i use roll on and sure deo and still within a hour or two iv got patches any advice? im a guy by the way

Wearing natural fibers such as cotton can help.

Make sure its not just a deoderant and its an anti-perspirant.

If it is, try a stronger one.

If that doesnt work pop to your doctor, they can give you a stronger on (although I think you may be able to get them from boots anyway, if you still get free prescriptions it will obvs be cheaper.)

x
I sweat loads and i'm actually quite physically fit. During sex I turn into a human jacuzzi.
Driclor...Google it
Original post by Anonymous
Driclor...Google it

yess thats the one i was on about further up haha
Reply 12
Don't wear grey t-shirts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending