The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
[QUOTE="annarbee;30386739"]
Original post by belle-a

ah that's great! I'm off to south africa in september for 3 months (working in an orphanage), then working for 3 months at home then off to nepal to do a medical placement hopefully :smile: what about you?

the new fee for the 2012 academic year for bsms has been released. :biggrin:. check the homepage.
I'm working full time at the moment. Can't afford to go abroad. oh well. good luck with the exams .
when are they going to give out this years tution fees i want to fill out studence finance as soon as possible
im in a form filling mood today time to sign that medical charter and pcik my accomadation

edit they put it up
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Neomaster121
when are they going to give out this years tution fees i want to fill out studence finance as soon as possible
im in a form filling mood today time to sign that medical charter and pcik my accomadation

edit they put it up

If I put BSMS as my insurance, would it still be sensible to fill out accommodation forms etc?

Sorry for the stupid question :colondollar:
Original post by notepad
If I put BSMS as my insurance, would it still be sensible to fill out accommodation forms etc?

Sorry for the stupid question :colondollar:

well depends on the ofers if they are exactly the same ie 3As then i guess theres no point
well depends on the ofers if they are exactly the same ie 3As then i guess theres no point

Well, in the case I miss the grades by a few UMS, I think BSMS will be more likely to consider me if I put them as my insurance then if I declined their offer. I think it's better to be prepared (although I hope this scenario is not the case come the summer :tongue:)
I don't know where to firm :s-smilie: Help!
Reply 1126
hi guys. this is for anyone considering reapplying to bsms for the 2012 entry, a thread has been created so if you are interested just follow this link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30688176. congratulations to all with offers and all the best with the exams !!!
Reply 1127
Original post by hsparkle
I don't know where to firm :s-smilie: Help!

I firmed BSMS in the end :biggrin:
Reply 1128
guys is there a facebook group or tsr group for those who have firmed BSMS??
Original post by shaws010
I firmed BSMS in the end :biggrin:

How did you decide?
Reply 1130
Original post by hsparkle
How did you decide?

Well, taking everything into account, it was just far better for me (being from Sussex did make a BIG part of the decision). Plus, i just absolutely loved BSMS.
Just firmed BSMS, too awesome :wink:
Reply 1132
People on the reserved list, when will we hear by?
If BSMS is my insurance, do I still apply for accommodation?
Reply 1134
Original post by suna_b28
People on the reserved list, when will we hear by?

The board meets again on April 18th, reviews the post interview hold list and decides whether any further offers are to be handed out. should hear before the 20th. Good luck!
Reply 1135
Original post by Dredb
The board meets again on April 18th, reviews the post interview hold list and decides whether any further offers are to be handed out. should hear before the 20th. Good luck!

Thank you :smile: but I received a reserved list without an interview so will they be considering me and post interview hold lists all together?
Brahs and babes...

i firmed an offer with BSMS and got sent some stuff; unfortunately i was in the field on work so my landlord had it sent on to me (after my mom had them open it foolishly).

of course it wasn't sealed properly so i received delivery of a basically wide open envelope and now i'm wondering if i'm missing stuff.

I got the Medical School Charter (numbered to 15 pages, booklet including 2 pages to sign at the end), and a couple letters, one of them referring to the charter, the other discussing my offer and saying that I must obtain satisfactory Health Clearance and CRB Enhanced disclosure.

Did you guys receive your CRB form and/or your Occupational Health form? (either? both?)

Is there anything else I'm missing? What's all this residence stuff being discussed here? Was I supposed to have got this too?

I know I should contact the school directly but I don't want to look bat**** mental if this stuff didn't exist in the first place.
Original post by MaximumLulz
Brahs and babes...

i firmed an offer with BSMS and got sent some stuff; unfortunately i was in the field on work so my landlord had it sent on to me (after my mom had them open it foolishly).

of course it wasn't sealed properly so i received delivery of a basically wide open envelope and now i'm wondering if i'm missing stuff.

I got the Medical School Charter (numbered to 15 pages, booklet including 2 pages to sign at the end), and a couple letters, one of them referring to the charter, the other discussing my offer and saying that I must obtain satisfactory Health Clearance and CRB Enhanced disclosure.

Did you guys receive your CRB form and/or your Occupational Health form? (either? both?)

Is there anything else I'm missing? What's all this residence stuff being discussed here? Was I supposed to have got this too?

I know I should contact the school directly but I don't want to look bat**** mental if this stuff didn't exist in the first place.

nope thats it
Nice, Thanks. That's a relief then.

When is that CRB/Health letter supposed to come? Where do we apply for residence? (is this all stuff for the summer?)
nope thats it

Nice sig :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending