The Student Room Group

Ladies' Black Leather Biker Jackets - High Quality - Where to Buy?

My girl is throwing some hints that she'd like a black leather motorcycle style jacket for her birthday.

I know exactly the style of jacket she's looking for.

It's the old 1950s style, chunky, black leather jacket that James Dean wore and motorcyclists still wear. The ladies version is worn by girls all over America, and I'm seeing it more and more over here now. I don't mean the sleak motorcyclist leather jackets we see here, but more of an American biker style.

Anyway, I know my girl, and she only wears top quality merchandise.

Which retailers here in the UK might sell a good quality ladies' leather biker jacket? Any online?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Come on Ladies! Give me a few ideas.
Reply 2
Time is getting short. I need to get cracking on this. Ideas....PLEASE!
Matalan Tadumtish!
Reply 5
No, I was thinking of something more like this design:

http://www.pjdeals.com/store/p/1598-Ladies-Vented-L3-Armored-Buffalo-Leather-Biker-Jacket.aspx?feed=Froogle

I used to get to New York a lot, and I've seen most American women wear this kind of jacket for some time now. It doesn't seem to go out of style, and I'd bet most American girls own at least one just like it. You see them everywhere over there. My girlfriend and all her mates now want one just like it too.

Any ideas on who would sell something like this in the UK?
Reply 6
Somebody suggested I try online German retailers. Apparently German girls take their leather jackets and trousers seriously. More so than our British women folk, I'm told.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Ladies, what's your opinion on this style of girls' leather jacket?

http://www.pjdeals.com/store/p/1598-...x?feed=Froogle
Reply 9
Can't help but notice how popular this style of leather jacket is with the ladies in the USA. Been that way for years now, so i'm assuming it must be one of those American fashion icons that never go out of style with them. Looks good on girls to me though. Two thumbs up!
Reply 10
Answers please!
Oasis ones are better than Topshop's ones, and around the same price. That said, I got one off Ebay for £50 which is the same quality as my £100+ Oasis one.
Reply 12
Original post by HonestBob

http://www.pjdeals.com/store/p/1598-Ladies-Vented-L3-Armored-Buffalo-Leather-Biker-Jacket.aspx?feed=Froogle

I used to get to New York a lot, and I've seen most American women wear this kind of jacket for some time now. It doesn't seem to go out of style, and I'd bet most American girls own at least one just like it. You see them everywhere over there. My girlfriend and all her mates now want one just like it too.

Eitherway, I'd say this style of leather biker jacket when worn by a woman is far more appealing on the eye--at least from a guy's perspective.:wink:
Reply 13
Original post by HonestBob

WOW! That's a cool looking and sexy jacket! I wish the girls here in the UK would cotton on to that particular American look real soon. It's got a very hip looking style to it. You are right, though, the girls in America have been buying that sort of chunky, black, leather biker jacket for years now, and every girl seems to own at least one just like it. Wish the British girls would get a tad more daring and start wearing something simmilar.

As far as buying one like that for your girl-friend, have you considered just ordering it from the USA and then have it delivered to the UK? Postage and tarriffs can't be that much. I mean if you're going to go through the trouble of buying her something that high quality, expensive and nice in the first place, a couple more pounds in postage in fees shouldn't kill you. Besides she's worth it.

If the company doesn't deliver overseas, than try to find somebody in America who will take delivery of it and ship it to you. That's an option.:cool:
Reply 14
I hear ya. I know we guys say this amongst ourselves all the time, but there's no other article of clothing that can turn a plain looking girl into a hot sexy woman than a high quality leather biker or bomber jacket.:wink:

Ladies, take note of this.:biggrin:

Original post by Timon
WOW! That's a cool looking and sexy jacket! I wish the girls here in the UK would cotton on to that particular American look real soon. It's got a very hip looking style to it. You are right, though, the girls in America have been buying that sort of chunky, black, leather biker jacket for years now, and every girl seems to own at least one just like it. Wish the British girls would get a tad more daring and start wearing something simmilar.

As far as buying one like that for your girl-friend, have you considered just ordering it from the USA and then have it delivered to the UK? Postage and tarriffs can't be that much. I mean if you're going to go through the trouble of buying her something that high quality, expensive and nice in the first place, a couple more pounds in postage in fees shouldn't kill you. Besides she's worth it.

If the company doesn't deliver overseas, than try to find somebody in America who will take delivery of it and ship it to you. That's an option.:cool:
Reply 15
Original post by TheHyacinthGirl
Oasis ones are better than Topshop's ones, and around the same price. That said, I got one off Ebay for £50 which is the same quality as my £100+ Oasis one.

Thanks, I'm thinking this one is somewhat close to what she's looking for, but you really do get better quality and a far greater selection of ladies leather jackets with USA retailers, don't you?

http://www.oasis-stores.com/Quilted-Cropped-Leather-Biker-Jacket/Jackets-&-Coats/oasis/fcp-product/3830015528
Reply 16
Is this for fashion purposes, or for actually riding a bike? Because the two links posted depict two very different jackets.

Proper biker jackets like the pjdeals link have armour (or should be worn with separate armour) so will look very bulked up for ordinary wear, and are heavy. Fashion biker jackets like the Oasis link have about as much protection as wet tissue paper in a crash and should not be worn on a motorcycle.
Reply 17
Good point, but I don't think the bulkier PJDeals jacket is really that much heavier. Like we were saying, that style is everywhere in America. I doubt American girls aren't in any way stronger or tougher than our British ladies...Ha ha.:tongue:

Original post by Jez RR
Is this for fashion purposes, or for actually riding a bike? Because the two links posted depict two very different jackets.

Proper biker jackets like the pjdeals link have armour (or should be worn with separate armour) so will look very bulked up for ordinary wear, and are heavy. Fashion biker jackets like the Oasis link have about as much protection as wet tissue paper in a crash and should not be worn on a motorcycle.
Reply 19

Now that is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thank you so much Sweat & Petitee!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest