The Student Room Group

Edginess and Jackets

Why do you think that edginess is related to leather jackets? How could outerwear instantly put an edge on anyone's style?
Reply 1
Steve McQueen in 'The Great Escape'.
James Dean in 'Rebel Without a Cause'.
I though you wanted your jacket to be student friendly?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I though you wanted your jacket to be student friendly?

Do I have a stalker on my trail? Well yeah, I was looking for student-friendly options but wanted to why people feel edgy when they wear a leather jacket.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Steve McQueen in 'The Great Escape'.
James Dean in 'Rebel Without a Cause'.

I guess I am a bit too young to better understand the "edginess of leather jackets" in these movies. I would say like Terminator, Indiana Jones could be my stuff. Apologies for sounding like a millennial nerd.
Original post by AdamJamesWest
Do I have a stalker on my trail?

Well, we don't get many threads about leather jackets and I replied to the other one less than a week ago :smile:
Original post by AdamJamesWest
Well yeah, I was looking for student-friendly options but wanted to why people feel edgy when they wear a leather jacket.

As noted by Surnia, leather jackets have a cultural association with outsiders or rebellious characters. Outside of media they're often adopted by bikers or people into heavy metal. It's normal for people to dress in common ways with their 'group'.

At school, I don't know why anyone would feel edgy wearing a leather jacket unless it was very unusual there. Most places don't care as long it's not adorned with patches or badges which are deemed inappropriate.
Reply 6
Leather jackets are a must have outfit to make your personality look attractive

Quick Reply

Latest