The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Why are there so many of us in Southall? I'm half Indian. I was just wondering, don't live there. loool
Original post by -WhySoSerious?
teek taak 'aussi' - in Paris atm, should be practicing my French :P

Fun! Currently trying to get sleepy so I actually fall asleep tonight....very excited about Cricket atm :biggrin: :colondollar:
Original post by Black Butler
It only requires two people from each society.

Why two?

Original post by bleedblue.
Sorry :smile:
Gotta pull your own weight and do it yourself :tongue:

Awww plzzz? :frown:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Why two?

Awww plzzz? :frown:

Okay, but how exactly do you intend me to send them to you? :smile: :tongue:
Original post by dreamer9501
Mumbai is part of Maharashtra :smile: yup the north and south are really different in terms of language and to some extent the people look different too. The south is a Dravidian area, whereas the north had a lot more Aryan settlers so that causes there to be a difference in culture, appearance, and language.:smile: The cities are actually pretty similar tbh. Levels of development are quite similar too.

Oh, I didn't know that. :teehee:

Yep, it's the history that sets them apart. As far as I'm aware, the north has always been more modern and the majority of illiteracy and ignorance is found in the south. But I could be totally wrong of course.

Original post by midnightL

Damn! I thought I was special :frown:

Jalandhar - Punjabi Sikh. Rich historical culture (I use to be somewhat religious) and we invented the number zero :smile: - essentially all of the great scientific and mathematical creations we have come up with.

Shame about our political system :/

You still are special, with that username. :wink:

I thought the Persians invented zero. :K:

I love rain. The smell, its sound when it's really heavy. THUNDER :biggrin: :biggrin:
Dancing in rain is fun too!

There are aloo parathas (stuffed with potato), mulli parathas (think its stuffed with radish, not sure what the english word for 'Mulli' :colondollar: )

Can't remember the others :biggrin:

I'm not a fan of the rain, especially not in this country. :angry: And that doesn't make my life easier in the slightest. :redface:

Dancing is always fun, regardless of the rain. :wink:

Ooh I thought Gobi ka paratha was the one with potatos :confused: What's gobi then?
And yes, muli is radish... which I don't really like. :redface:

Original post by HRH2
Why are there so many of us in Southall? I'm half Indian. I was just wondering, don't live there. loool

Because there is a ridiculously large indian bubble in Southall - it's best to be avoided ;P
Original post by HRH2

Dunno. All those years ago when loads of people from India decided to move to England, eventually over time, they made an area where all Indians could congregate and be with 'their own' :smile:
Original post by Long Time Coming

I'm not a fan of the rain, especially not in this country. :angry: And that doesn't make my life easier in the slightest. :redface:

Dancing is always fun, regardless of the rain. :wink:

Ooh I thought Gobi ka paratha was the one with potatos :confused: What's gobi then?
And yes, muli is radish... which I don't really like. :redface:

I hate rain only when it ruins cricket matches :smile:

Love dancing, been dancing since I was 7 :biggrin:

Gobi = cauliflower :tongue:
Like Mulli....not my fave though.

Bless, you are all confused :smile:

Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

Both of yous are my nominees for this rapper thing. Get rapping.

Personally, I don't why rap music is chosen. Much prefer the Motown music myself.
Reply 849
Dunno. All those years ago when loads of people from India decided to move to England, eventually over time, they made an area where all Indians could congregate and be with 'their own' :smile:

I've been in England for a year and had never been there so I just went to check out how its like a couple of days ago with my gf who's well...white. They were looking at her as if they had never seen white people before. And I could swear I didnt not see ANYTHING or ANYONE else except for brown people. lol. Btw can someone from Southall tell me why that pub Glassy has closed? I went primarily cause of that but it was closed and had writings in Punjabi posted all over it.
Original post by The_Male_Melons

Personally, I don't why rap music is chosen. Much prefer the Motown music myself.

Hate to break it to you, but I can't rap!
Although I'm gifted when it comes to words, rapping is not my area!
Original post by HRH2
I've been in England for a year and had never been there so I just went to check out how its like a couple of days ago with my gf who's well...white. They were looking at her as if they had never seen white people before. And I could swear I didnt not see ANYTHING or ANYONE else except for brown people. lol. Btw can someone from Southall tell me why that pub Glassy has closed? I went primarily cause of that but it was closed and had writings in Punjabi posted all over it.

Lol, if you go there frequently, you will become aware, that it's basically mini-asia there!

Dunno why it's closed. Haven't been since the World Cup.
Sorry.
I hate rain only when it ruins cricket matches :smile:

Love dancing, been dancing since I was 7 :biggrin:

Gobi = cauliflower :tongue:
Like Mulli....not my fave though.

Bless, you are all confused :smile:

It always ruins everything. :indiff: And it's not there when you need it. Honestly, if the rain was a person, I would have shot it dead by now. :indiff:

Oh nice. Doing it professionally or just for fun? :biggrin:

I see. :teehee:
The idea of it doesn't sound too apealing tbh.
Hate to break it to you, but I can't rap!
Although I'm gifted when it comes to words, rapping is not my area!

I nominated you, my friend. I was asked by a Black Butler. I am assuming you seen his posts. It is a competition apparently. You were randomly selected by me to participate in the event.

I will support you. In moments like this, take this as an inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

It's an honour to get nominated :tongue:

We are using the term rapping VERY loosely here :tongue: Also I can't rap. In fact I really don't like it as well lol - you'd do very very well to find a rap song I like.

Secondly I don't quite see the point.

And last but definitely not least, if it's at 7pm, the highlights of India vs England will be on :tongue:
Original post by Long Time Coming
It always ruins everything. :indiff: And it's not there when you need it. Honestly, if the rain was a person, I would have shot it dead by now. :indiff:

Oh nice. Doing it professionally or just for fun? :biggrin:

I see. :teehee:
The idea of it doesn't sound too apealing tbh.

Aw, its not that bad. Feel nice to the touch when it's boiling, and then you just feel happy. Well I do anyway!

Erm, not professionally in terms of career, but I have up to grade 8 in Indian contemporary and bollywood dance :biggrin:
I nominated you, my friend. I was asked by a Black Butler. I am assuming you seen his posts. It is a competition apparently. You were randomly selected by me to participate in the event.

I will support you. In moments like this, take this as an inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

I almost defo will NOT be online tomorrow until late, 'cos of cricket and other shizz.
Thanks, but I shall have to decline :tongue:
Aw, its not that bad. Feel nice to the touch when it's boiling, and then you just feel happy. Well I do anyway!

Erm, not professionally in terms of career, but I have up to grade 8 in Indian contemporary and bollywood dance :biggrin:
Rainy winter/fall days. :nope:
Wow, that's pretty impressive! :biggrin:

Latest