Newcastle Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
I thought our first was November! :eek:
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN
We have exams in September?! :confused:

Original post by Beska
I thought our first was November! :eek:

Oops lol, i meant November, not sure where September came from.

November exams are still earlier than most schools, but to be honest they're a piece of piss. There's a pretty limited amount of material they can question you on, and it doesn't really count for anything anyway. It's just to get you acquainted with what the exams are like and to see how people are settling in.
Original post by hoonosewot
x

Great overview! I'd call it prosection rather than dissection though. :tongue:
Reply 2583
Original post by Lantana
Great overview! I'd call it prosection rather than dissection though. :tongue:

Haha I was wondering what bumped this thread up from the depths of the sub-forum! :p:
I wish i had long holidays still!! Im tired.....
If i was very bored i could write about all the other years - then again its not too called for!!
Reply 2585
Original post by fairy spangles
I wish i had long holidays still!! Im tired.....
If i was very bored i could write about all the other years - then again its not too called for!!

Please feel free! I would appreciate it as I'm sure others will!! :smile:
Does anyone know what the UKCAT cut off score for Newcastle was this year??
Reply 2587
Original post by The_Tarin

Around the 665-670 mark I believe

667.5 :smile:
Reply 2589
Original post by DrWannabe
667.5 :smile:

What would be your guess for 2012 entry? I haven't sat the test yet, but would you apply if you scored 700?
Reply 2590
Original post by Panda89
What would be your guess for 2012 entry? I haven't sat the test yet, but would you apply if you scored 700?

Yeh I think 700 is a safe score to apply with. But bear in mind that UKCAT scores can vary wildly year on year - for 2010 entry Sheffield had a cut-off of around 680 so everybody thought that 705-710 was a safe score, but the score went all the way up to 725 for 2011 entry! That's nearly a 45 point increase. Food for thought.
Reply 2591
Original post by Beska
Yeh I think 700 is a safe score to apply with. But bear in mind that UKCAT scores can vary wildly year on year - for 2010 entry Sheffield had a cut-off of around 680 so everybody thought that 705-710 was a safe score, but the score went all the way up to 725 for 2011 entry! That's nearly a 45 point increase. Food for thought.

Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm worried about. Then again, there's always a risk to everything. :smile:
Original post by Panda89

Original post by Panda89

700. I was in close contact with Durham over the last cycle, it started much higher than that 667.5 and dropped quite considerably. 700 would suffice I'm almost 99.9% sure.
Reply 2593
700. I was in close contact with Durham over the last cycle, it started much higher than that 667.5 and dropped quite considerably. 700 would suffice I'm almost 99.9% sure.

Good to know. By the way, since you know quite a bit about the Durham admission last year, I heard that some people with scores of low 600s were invited to interview? Is that true?
Not that i know off, i can't know for sure as i don't know everyone who were interviewed. Unless they have some kind of exemption reason with proof for a poor UKCAT score, i find it highly unlikely that this would be the case. 667.5 was the cut off, if you're ever unsure give Helena call she's a lovely woman, always happy to help. Failing that ask away, i'll help what i can :smile:
Original post by Panda89
Good to know. By the way, since you know quite a bit about the Durham admission last year, I heard that some people with scores of low 600s were invited to interview? Is that true?

Ooops didn't quote, see above message :smile:
Reply 2596
Not that i know off, i can't know for sure as i don't know everyone who were interviewed. Unless they have some kind of exemption reason with proof for a poor UKCAT score, i find it highly unlikely that this would be the case. 667.5 was the cut off, if you're ever unsure give Helena call she's a lovely woman, always happy to help. Failing that ask away, i'll help what i can :smile:

Thanks man, appreciate it. :smile:
Sorry, but I am applying for Newcastle entry 2012, and I just want to ensure I put the write choice in UCAS. Is Newcastle uni for medicine and a school leaver, the option that is called "A100 Stage 1 entry" ?

Thank you!!
Original post by NinjaRikki
Sorry, but I am applying for Newcastle entry 2012, and I just want to ensure I put the write choice in UCAS. Is Newcastle uni for medicine and a school leaver, the option that is called "A100 Stage 1 entry" ?

Thank you!!

yes :smile:
Reply 2599
Original post by NinjaRikki

Thank you!!

Yup. :smile: Stage 1 = year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending