The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Nadine10
congratulations!!! what is ur other offer?

Sheffield. But the offer won't come until I visit their uni. They just guarantee that I shall got offer from them. Little bit complicated, but it's worth waiting anw :biggrin:
I'm literally going crazy, Track has become the new facebook for me :|
Reply 862
Original post by roseroserose.
I'm literally going crazy, Track has become the new facebook for me :|

hahah do you check ur email and track as well? :P
Original post by Nadine10
hahah do you check ur email and track as well? :P

Lmao yeah, I've added them both to the favourites bar, just in case I'm emailed but track doesn't get updated :P
Thing is, 4 out of 5 of the uni's have acknowledged me, but they're all like "yeah we want to wait until all the applications in so you won't hear from us for a while.."
I KNOW YOU'VE READ MY APPLICATION, JUST TELL ME ALREADY :frown:
Reply 864
Lmao yeah, I've added them both to the favourites bar, just in case I'm emailed but track doesn't get updated :P
Thing is, 4 out of 5 of the uni's have acknowledged me, but they're all like "yeah we want to wait until all the applications in so you won't hear from us for a while.."

hahahah they all do that :P but i think unis send the offers in batches
Reply 865
Original post by Schlegel
Yes I think it's the case. But I won't bet on them to track for me...I'm obsessively checking my e-mails anyway so in any case I should be the first one to see the update...

emails or track or both?
Reply 866
Original post by QuangHa
Sheffield. But the offer won't come until I visit their uni. They just guarantee that I shall got offer from them. Little bit complicated, but it's worth waiting anw :biggrin:

so, is it not updated on track? how were you informed about this - email or letter?
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I feel your pain, fellow Eng Lit applicant. :frown: Especially since some of my choices (Edinburgh in particular) are notorious for waiting till the last bloody minute to give out offers. :frown:

I really just want someupdate, even if it's a rejection. My app. went out on the 7th and it feels like it's been forever! :rolleyes:

Is English Literature notorious for late offers?! I've applied there too, but there's no one else in my year applying for it for comparison :biggrin:
"yeah we want to wait until all the applications in so you won't hear from us for a while.."

All the medicine applications are in.... but 3/4 of my unis still haven't acknowledged me... it's so tense :s-smilie:
Reply 869
Original post by TheJ0ker
Yes offer from warwick

:woo:

well done!

is this your first offer?

what are your other choices and did you hear from them so far?
Reply 870
Original post by mpc1
emails or track or both?

:dontknow: You should ask them if you're anxious to know. Staff accounts are different from applicants'. I'm sorry I can just speculate..
relief! offer from UEA :smile:
Reply 872
:dontknow: You should ask them if you're anxious to know. Staff accounts are different from applicants'. I'm sorry I can just speculate..

No that was not what I was asking. I was asking if you were checking emails or track or both obsessively :smile:
Dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. I check my emails every 10 minutes.
Reply 874
Original post by mpc1
No that was not what I was asking. I was asking if you were checking emails or track or both obsessively :smile:

Oh.. Both of course :tongue: haha I'm desperate... like despite knowing I will be notified by e-mail, still track each time after checking e-mails... I don't think I can give a rest to it until I have at least ONE offer in hand. :sigh:
Reply 875
Oh.. Both of course :tongue: haha I'm desperate... like despite knowing I will be notified by e-mail, still track each time after checking e-mails... I don't think I can give a rest to it until I have at least ONE offer in hand. :sigh:

Goodluck!! which course and when did you apply? Do you have A levels? Some people here say internationals with non A levels get their decisions much later. ..
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I feel your pain, fellow Eng Lit applicant. :frown: Especially since some of my choices (Edinburgh in particular) are notorious for waiting till the last bloody minute to give out offers. :frown:

I really just want someupdate, even if it's a rejection. My app. went out on the 7th and it feels like it's been forever! :rolleyes:

omg amen to that bruthaaaas. i've applied for english lit and english lit with creative writing at warwick and they take til MAY apparently. what is this ****, seriously, it's obscene. i mean, i appreciate they want to find the perfect people and everything....i'm just not so good being patient :L may end up eating a dictionary to prove my commitment to english.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 877
Original post by mpc1
Goodluck!! which course and when did you apply? Do you have A levels? Some people here say internationals with non A levels get their decisions much later. ..

Yeah I have A levels. I applied for...anything in between philosophy and PPE. :wink: Ucas sent about 2 weeks ago. Can't believe I'm already getting impatient?!
Reply 878
Yeah I have A levels. I applied for...anything in between philosophy and PPE. :wink: Ucas sent about 2 weeks ago. Can't believe I'm already getting impatient?!

only 2 weeks ago!! the wait has just begun :-)
Original post by emmawelton94

Original post by emmawelton94
omg amen to that bruthaaaas. i've applied for english lit and english lit with creative writing at warwick and they take til MAY apparently. what is this ****, seriously, it's obscene. i mean, i appreciate they want to find the perfect people and everything....i'm just not so good being patient :L may end up eating a dictionary to prove my commitment to english.

It's terrible isn't it? A friend of mine didn't hear from UCL until a week before the deadline, and it was where she wanted to go!

I think the top universities must wait this long to avoid giving offers to the successful Oxbridge applicants, because by then most will have firmed Oxford or Cambridge and may have chosen somewhere else as an Insurance. This is pure assumption though! I hope we hear soon anyway (I'm applying for languages).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending