The Student Room Group

missed 3 pills, took 3 together last night

my OH said i shouldnt have done that, should i have or not? im ok the mini pill cerazette

what will it mean for my body? i dont mean pregnancy im not worried about that

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What a silly thing to do, did you not bother to read the instructions?
If I was your other half I'd be screwing like a mother ****er at how lax you are over something so serious.
Don't worry too much, if it is the mini pill then you will be fine, it won't harm you as a one off. The pill doesn't work like that however - taking 3 together will NOT give you the protection that taking those pills at their correct times would have. I reccomend you use another form of birth control for a few days.
Reply 4
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
my OH said i shouldnt have done that, should i have or not? im ok the mini pill cerazette

LOL and u called me stupid aha
Pull out method 1 - The pill 0.
Original post by Idle
What a silly thing to do, did you not bother to read the instructions?

ive lost them

Original post by wm123
If I was your other half I'd be screwing like a mother ****er at how lax you are over something so serious.

it makes no odds to him whether i take my pill or not, it effects me not him
Why did you take 3 together? Surely it doesn't matter if you miss a couple if you don't have sex anyway?
Original post by tibbles209
Don't worry too much, if it is the mini pill then you will be fine, it won't harm you as a one off. The pill doesn't work like that however - taking 3 together will NOT give you the protection that taking those pills at their correct times would have. I reccomend you use another form of birth control for a few days.

im not having sex so im not worried about that side of it

was just thinking from a period/screwing up my body side of it

im normally **** hot at taking my pill, i dont know how the hell i forgot 3! well actually i forgot two really but took three last night (last nights one and the two nights before that)

You're not meant to do that, I dunno what effects it has but the packet says to take one when you remember and not to double the dose.
Reply 10
ive lost them

Well use the internet then Don't guess when it comes to your own body and then turn to TSR..
Missing your mini pill increases your risk of pregnancy significantly compared to the combined contraceptive pill. The COC you can miss 2 days and still be fine, but with your pill you need to be much more careful. However, you will be covered in 2 days of resuming the mini pill compared with 7 for the combined. For your body, taking 3 at once will probably mean nothing. Missing 3 in a row you may get a little bleed. Unlikely though
Well I don't think you should worry about what it means since you've already done it and you would know if there were any real problems but it doesn't take away from the sillyness of your actions. Just don't make hasty decisions like that again with pills and medication. If your only supposed to take one a day... take only one a day even if you've missed a day don't take two to make up for it, your body doesn't work like that.
Original post by Idle
Well use the internet then Don't guess when it comes to your own body and then turn to TSR..

i had to know then, the internet went off so i couldnt check and i couldnt wait till this morning cause that would have meant another missed pill
Original post by Carpediemxx
Missing your mini pill increases your risk of pregnancy significantly compared to the combined contraceptive pill. The COC you can miss 2 days and still be fine, but with your pill you need to be much more careful. However, you will be covered in 2 days of resuming the mini pill compared with 7 for the combined. For your body, taking 3 at once will probably mean nothing. Missing 3 in a row you may get a little bleed. Unlikely though

thank you

Original post by hoodboilu4
Well I don't think you should worry about what it means since you've already done it and you would know if there were any real problems but it doesn't take away from the sillyness of your actions. Just don't make hasty decisions like that again with pills and medication. If your only supposed to take one a day... take only one a day even if you've missed a day don't take two to make up for it, your body doesn't work like that.

i know on the other pill i was on (microgynon 30) if you missed one you took two together (the one you missed and that days one as normal)
im not having sex so im not worried about that side of it

was just thinking from a period/screwing up my body side of it

im normally **** hot at taking my pill, i dont know how the hell i forgot 3! well actually i forgot two really but took three last night (last nights one and the two nights before that)

Ah, well in that case it could potentially mess a bit with your period. You've not screwed up your body, don't worry - doctors can prescribe more than 1 progesterone based contraceptive together for a short time if a woman if having excessive menstruation etc. If this happens again then just start taking your pill as normal when you remember. If you're not having sex then 'catching up' is probably going to cause more problems than it solves.
ive lost them

it makes no odds to him whether i take my pill or not, it effects me not him

Of course it does. Disgraceful.

I do hope you have a steady income and a solid environment for this baby you would happily bring into this world.
Reply 17
Original post by wm123

I do hope you have a steady income and a solid environment for this baby you would happily bring into this world.

This is Tink you're on about.As I recall her boyfriend and herself do not have sex.......ever from what I remember......I'm sure she uses the pill for period purposes.
Original post by wm123

you cant have a baby unless you have sex :wink:

so like i was saying, it doesnt effect him

Original post by atomos
it will just mess up your hormones for a bit i would think, only three pills so i don't think there'd be any other major effects.
it might mean your period comes at a different time this cycle aswell?

apparently periods on the mini pill can be all over the place anyway

thanks
Reply 19
Remember you still might get breakthrough bleeding or a period on Cerazette, iv taken it for over 8 years and 3 weeks ago i had a random period.

No mini pill will definately do one thing or another.

Quick Reply

Latest