The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got back from my branch's work Christmas party....was eventul to say the least. Gotta love Waitrose parties.
Hello

I had my group interview last monday which went very well, in fact an hour after i got home i received an email saying that i had been offered a position and should receive a letter in the post in the next few days. It's now been a week and i haven't received the letter yet, is this normal or should i contact the store? I don't want to miss out on something because i haven't got the letter yet. Does anyone know what it would say? Like what my position would be or inductions? Thanks in advance!
Original post by bonnieperez
Hello

I had my group interview last monday which went very well, in fact an hour after i got home i received an email saying that i had been offered a position and should receive a letter in the post in the next few days. It's now been a week and i haven't received the letter yet, is this normal or should i contact the store? I don't want to miss out on something because i haven't got the letter yet. Does anyone know what it would say? Like what my position would be or inductions? Thanks in advance!

Well done!! :biggrin:

I would phone them, there is always trouble with my post so I rang them and accepted the job offer over the phone! She then told me about inductions and asked my clothing size for the uniform.

The pack comes in a massive envelope and includes a welcome letter, a load of booklets about the company, hours of work, etc.
Ben and Jerry's for £2.22 at the moment, £1.89 with discount :teeth:
I haven't even got my discount card yet, and it's been 3 months already
Reply 5565
Original post by itsmyname
I haven't even got my discount card yet, and it's been 3 months already

U need to speak to your SM Personell!
Reply 5566
if the cut off date for this month is 14th dec, and I work an overtime shift on that date, would I be paid for it this month or not until january?

thanks
Does anyone know how much a new blouse is at all? I have lots of christmas overtime and don't want to be wearing the same blouse every shift. thank-you
Reply 5568
Antone know who i can contact cuz they aint replied to my application and its been over 2 weeks.Thanks
Original post by Lucy King
U need to speak to your SM Personell!

Yep spoke to my SM after my multimedia, have to speak to our Personell manager. Couldn't have been a worse person to see, considering the Personell manager has only been in branch for the first week or so.
Original post by keh92
if the cut off date for this month is 14th dec, and I work an overtime shift on that date, would I be paid for it this month or not until january?

thanks

You should be paid for it this month, make sure you let your SM know though if it's important that you get it soon.
Reply 5571
Original post by keh92

thanks

You will need to make sure that you get your SM to put it into and approve your time card on PartnerLink, or you won't get it until January.
Reply 5572
Original post by raechelle
Does anyone know how much a new blouse is at all? I have lots of christmas overtime and don't want to be wearing the same blouse every shift. thank-you

It Operations team should be able to order uniform, if you have only bee given one to start with I don't see why you should have to pay for it!
Reply 5573
Original post by Sbapu
Antone know who i can contact cuz they aint replied to my application and its been over 2 weeks.Thanks

2 weeks is nothing! The business is at its busiest time of year and recruitment although dosent stop it does slow down!

You will appear to be a 'nag'if you contact them now, leave it until early January, if by then youve not heard anything then contact them.

PS: 'ain't' and 'cuz' probably won't get you very far!
Reply 5574
2 weeks is nothing! The business is at its busiest time of year and recruitment although dosent stop it does slow down!

You will appear to be a 'nag'if you contact them now, leave it until early January, if by then youve not heard anything then contact them.

PS: 'ain't' and 'cuz' probably won't get you very far!

Yh well they told me they'd reply in 2 weeks.And the job'll be gone by January.
Reply 5575
Original post by Sbapu
Yh well they told me they'd reply in 2 weeks.And the job'll be gone by January.

If you have applied and been acknowledged then your application has been received and will be looked at....
When is pay day this month?
Reply 5577
Original post by Patchey1000
When is pay day this month?

23rd.
23rd.

Ow peak times
Reply 5579
Original post by Patchey1000
Ow peak times

Cut off for the current week is Saturday. Payroll is run on Sunday morning.

Latest

Trending

Trending