The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi
Nah. I come back under a different guise each time. Like the Doctor. Besides which, I often leave under a cloud. :wink:

Or a troll?:p:

Spoiler

But you are Dr Adorno now, no?
Original post by hobnob
Or a troll?:p:

Spoiler

But you are Dr Adorno now, no?

I am, indeed, I am. I thought about using the name Quirrell. Like Professor Adorno Quirrell to emphasise my ... trollishness. :biggrin:
wb :starwars:

The new name's going to be a bugger to quote :grumble:
Original post by Craghyrax

I know, I should have been cleverer with it. Or less clever, one of the two. But I'll probably only stick here. I just needed to recover a bit of normality lest the joys of academic obsolescence get too much. With the day I've had today, a bit of company wouldn't go amiss.
Reply 124
I am, indeed, I am. I thought about using the name Quirrell. Like Professor Adorno Quirrell to emphasise my ... trollishness. :biggrin:

Welcome back, mon ami! :hugs:
Reply 125
Original post by hobnob
You mean I have a history of moaning about it on GOGSoc whenever anything breaks.:wink:
In all fairness, this is the first time I've ever had a kettle break from excessive use. My old one was stolen before it had a chance to break, so, come to think of it, this one may actually have lasted me for four years, not three. And my father had it before me, so it was probably close to five years old... So anyway, I've got no reason to complain, really, it just gives me something to be grumpy about, I suppose.:p:

GOGsoc is for grumping after all :mad:
You never told me if your mum liked the cheese. Did it go down well?
Reply 126
Also, this:

Clinical student at Addenbrookes?

Nope. I'm a student on the grad entry course (4 year) at Cambridge so doing both pre-clincal and clincal at the same time. My clinical placements are mainly at the West Suffolk in Bury St Edmonds.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Urgh, work :sigh: I'm avoiding mine at the mo :ninja:

What fun things are you studying this term? I'm having a lecture on ABBA in two weeks' time :awesome:

Aww, I'm a bit like that too! Been learning about the lungs and pharynx. We will do most of the organs this term!
Reply 128

I'll just think of him as 'OAK'.:dontknow:
Reply 129
Original post by Becca
GOGsoc is for grumping after all :mad:
You never told me if your mum liked the cheese. Did it go down well?

Yes, she loved it - thanks again for taking the trouble over the food exchange.:biggrin:
So I'm getting my ass kicked by my degree at the moment. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean the feeling isn't as bad as it was during year three of my undergrad but my "I'm a Lion, FU" philosophy isn't really working so well this year.
I'm pondering doing a master's. Retraining b/c a history degree is useless.
Reply 132
Original post by IlexAquifolium
x

Crap crap crap, I've only just got your PM - so sorry!!! :redface:
Reply 133
I'm pondering doing a master's. Retraining b/c a history degree is useless.

So what would you want to retrain as?
Original post by Princess Bubbles

Aww, I'm a bit like that too! Been learning about the lungs and pharynx. We will do most of the organs this term!

I've no idea what a pharynx is :ninja: :colondollar: :ninja:
Original post by hobnob
So what would you want to retrain as?

Well maybe do Geographical Information Systems. I've been using it in work and it's got a lot of application in many fields from medicine to international development to the historic environment and so on.
Reply 136
Original post by Princess Bubbles
:hi:

Yay! :biggrin:
I just bought a subscription cause someone negged me and I wanted to find out who. It turns out I repped them earlier this month and now I can't neg them. I am annoyed. lol

I'm now wondering how I can change the colour of my name.
Reply 138
Original post by Xristina
I just bought a subscription cause someone negged me and I wanted to find out who. It turns out I repped them earlier this month and now I can't neg them. I am annoyed. lol

I'm now wondering how I can change the colour of my name.

ARGH!:mad: I told you to tell me if you ever needed/wanted a sub. I have no other use for those leftover credits except to give them away, I swear!
Edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=profiles#faq_username_colour
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 139
Well maybe do Geographical Information Systems. I've been using it in work and it's got a lot of application in many fields from medicine to international development to the historic environment and so on.

Sorry, I have no idea what that actually means.:o: Something surveying-related?

Latest

Trending

Trending