The Student Room Group

Medicine 2013 entrant hopefuls :)

Heya, who else is considering applying for medicine 2013? i saw there want thread for 2013, so i decided to make one :tongue:

Just think we will be applying this year....

What subjects are you taking too?

Scroll to see replies

Possibly :smile:

Taking, Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish
You?

Does anyone know when the prospectuses come out for 2013?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey, just wanna say to those apllying for this next year. Something i did for my UCAS form was write articles for a medical company on a range of subjects. it was certainly one of those things that made my form stand out a bit, because it was something no one else had done If anyone would like i can give you their email address and you can get in contact.
Ive been trying to think of different things to do to put on my ucas form but its so difficult. I found a place where I am volunteering but its not all that different to the kind of thing the majority of applicants will be doing.
Do you happen to know when the 2012 prospectuses came out?
Reply 4
Original post by sunny_veggies
Possibly :smile:

Taking, Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French
You?

Does anyone know when the prospectuses come out for 2013?

Exactly the same options I'm going to take! Though my school are making me do general studies as well :/
Reply 5
Original post by Einy
Hey, just wanna say to those apllying for this next year. Something i did for my UCAS form was write articles for a medical company on a range of subjects. it was certainly one of those things that made my form stand out a bit, because it was something no one else had done If anyone would like i can give you their email address and you can get in contact.

How interesting!! What medical company??
Hellooooo :smile:

I also hoping to apply for medicine in 2013 :biggrin:

where is everyone hoping to apply??
Reply 7
Wah lao. Already? :tongue:
Original post by sunny_veggies
Ive been trying to think of different things to do to put on my ucas form but its so difficult. I found a place where I am volunteering but its not all that different to the kind of thing the majority of applicants will be doing.
Do you happen to know when the 2012 prospectuses came out?

Have you got any other work experiences fixed yet?
I'm taking Bio, Chem, Physics and maths.
Isn't the pressure for getting into medicine so ridiculous!
What work experience are you doing?
Reply 10
Original post by Natalie21
How interesting!! What medical company??

sorry tsr moderators if this isnt allowed, but

http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/
Reply 11
actually i think the one i wrote for was
http://www.valuemed.co.uk/
but theyre the same company, adtuk is just the parent one
Original post by Einy
actually i think the one i wrote for was
http://www.valuemed.co.uk/
but theyre the same company, adtuk is just the parent one

How did you get in touch with them?
Reply 13
My mum knows the marketing director :smile:, shes the woman ill give anyone who wants the email address of. Theyre really keen to have as many people as possible writing for them. She gave me a few topics she thought i might like to write about and i did a lot of research into them and wrote articles which she then published onto the site. It will of course be proof read before it goes - you cant upload it unless youre an editor
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Einy
My mum knows the marketing director :smile:, shes the woman ill give anyone who wants the email address of. Theyre really keen to have as many people as possible writing for them. She gave me a few topics she thought i might like to write about and i did a lot of research into them and wrote articles which she then published onto the site. It will of course be proof read before it goes - you cant upload it unless youre an editor

Lucky :tongue: Does it take up a lot of time? The researching and writing articles I mean?

Could you also give me the email address please :colondollar: I want to find out more.

Btw did your mum introduce you to her before hand? Because it might seem a bit weird if I emailed her out of the blue.
Reply 15
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Lucky :tongue: Does it take up a lot of time? The researching and writing articles I mean?

Could you also give me the email address please :colondollar: I want to find out more.

Btw did your mum introduce you to her before hand? Because it might seem a bit weird if I emailed her out of the blue.

Ill post it for you tomorrow. I cant remember it - so ill have to ask my mum and shes asleep atm. Ive looked on their website and the one you need isnt on there. Dont worry she asked me to see if i could get any others interested. Ive given it to the people at my school applying for medicine next year and i thought id offer it to student room.

so yeah ill tell you it tomorrow - ill probs send it thru private - dont want her getting spammed :smile:
Well this is a bit early :tongue: Good luck to all of you and if anyone has any questions on the application process, PM me and I'll do my best to answer :smile:
I'm selling the Kaplan UKCAT Course Material (2011) if anyone's interested (cannot be bought in shops).

Condition: Good
Cost: £150 + postage & packaging

As many people have said, it is not advisable to fork out £300 for the actual 2-day classroom course as all the advice they provided was in the book. I certainly wish they'd given us the option of just buying the text.

Even if you choose not to buy it from me, if anyone is seriously considering attending the course, I would recommend that you try and buy the text from someone else instead - it'll be cheaper, and just as good.

The course material is excellent for practice and technique.

Have received an offer for medical school so I'm trying to have a clear out. Oh and my UKCAT score was 775.5 this year but last year when I applied it was 515 so I found the Kaplan material to be really useful!

PM me if you're interested. Thanks and good luck!
Original post by groovyangel2008
I'm selling the Kaplan UKCAT Course Material (2011) if anyone's interested (cannot be bought in shops).

Condition: Good
Cost: £150 + postage & packaging

As many people have said, it is not advisable to fork out £300 for the actual 2-day classroom course as all the advice they provided was in the book. I certainly wish they'd given us the option of just buying the text.

Even if you choose not to buy it from me, if anyone is seriously considering attending the course, I would recommend that you try and buy the text from someone else instead - it'll be cheaper, and just as good.

The course material is excellent for practice and technique.

Have received an offer for medical school so I'm trying to have a clear out. Oh and my UKCAT score was 775.5 this year but last year when I applied it was 515 so I found the Kaplan material to be really useful!

PM me if you're interested. Thanks and good luck!

What did you use when you applied last year?
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
What did you use when you applied last year?

I used the 600 UKCAT book which was good but I was still having trouble scoring highly :-( I found the Kaplan tips and the Kaplan book I received on the course to be useful though.
Good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending