The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6700
Original post by jjarvis
No worries, my post was rather sharp and I probably got a bit carried away. Week 4 sucks and everyone's tempers run a bit high--mine included. Hope the work goes ok and you hear good news from Berkeley. (And, if you can find it in your heart, wish me luck with inchoate offences--the bane of my bloody existence.)

Okay :smile: Thanks for the good feeling (although I fear it can only be bad news or wait listing from Berkeley, as acceptances have already gone out...). And good luck with your inchoate offences, whatever they may be :p:
Original post by Zoedotdot
Okay :smile: Thanks for the good feeling (although I fear it can only be bad news or wait listing from Berkeley, as acceptances have already gone out...). And good luck with your inchoate offences, whatever they may be :p:

It's better not to ask... :wink:

jjarvis

This is about hearsay, but I'm sure you'll appreciate it nonetheless:

Thanks! As Tortious said, best not to ask. Fingers crossed for waitlist, anyway...

Original post by Tortious
It's better not to ask... :wink:

Awesome. I am a big fun of GWU Law Revue. I also know the neighbourhood this video is in well--I recognise some of the buildings you can see from the windows (the IMF, for one). There's a great bar near there.

I've been using Smith and Hogan but I think I'm going to try Simester and Sullivan on this, or possibly Padfield.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jjarvis
Awesome. I am a big fun of GWU Law Revue. I also know the neighbourhood this video is in well--I recognise some of the buildings you can see from the windows (the IMF, for one). There's a great bar near there.

Yeah, I sat and watched most of them one afternoon after I found a link on RollOnFriday. "**** You" is my favourite by far, followed (probably) by "**** In My Pants".

Also, to clarify, I'm not recommending Padfield as a whole - just for the table. Everyone has their preferred texts, but I thought that page might be worth dipping into. :wink:
Apology seconded to you also - I should know by now not to take the internet personally :rolleyes: I don't think you did make any judgements about me. I'm just a drama queen :woo:

No apology is needed. :nah: :smile:

Well, I guess we can all add this to our list of things never to do in an interview (or at least, things never to talk about having done in an interview) :p:

Well, I don't know - the next time I get asked something like "when did you not express yourself clearly enough?" then I'd be tempted. :tongue:
Yeah, I sat and watched most of them one afternoon after I found a link on RollOnFriday. "**** You" is my favourite by far, followed (probably) by "**** In My Pants".

Also, to clarify, I'm not recommending Padfield as a whole - just for the table. Everyone has their preferred texts, but I thought that page might be worth dipping into. :wink:

Ah, fair enough! I'll take a look at it--I think the table might be in the lecture handout.

Also, the picture at the end was the bar I mentioned above:

Seriously going to do some ****ing work now.
Reply 6706
Original post by jjarvis
Thanks! As Tortious said, best not to ask. Fingers crossed for waitlist, anyway...

I've been using Smith and Hogan but I think I'm going to try Simester and Sullivan on this, or possibly Padfield.

Sorry, had to remove the video! Thanks for the crossed fingers :smile:

alex_hk90
Well, I don't know - the next time I get asked something like "when did you not express yourself clearly enough?" then I'd be tempted. :p:

Evidence of being able to use anything to answer a competency question :p:
Sorry, had to remove the video! Thanks for the crossed fingers :smile:

Evidence of being able to use anything to answer a competency question :p:

No worries, people can find it easily enough if they're so inclined.
Reply 6708
Original post by around
It's for the week after you guys. I think for you guys it's just me and our captain so far...

Nah there's me to, but that's no ****ing use as I still need a guest ticket. Also I'm a ****ing idiot as I can't make training for the next two weeks which makes me sad, so hopefully they'll be a match I'm able to make.
Jobs Argh.

"It's hearsay within hearsay within hearsay"

"3 levels? Is that even possible?"

Ha ha, I'm totally citing this video in the CPE exam if it's all going wrong. Or the next supo if we get another awkward silence such as the one following "Has anyone heard of Ford? It was in the lectures."

(Also, I'm enough of a geek that I instantly thought, ah, S.121, multiple hearsay, more stringent than S.114(1)(d))
Original post by gethsemane342
"It's hearsay within hearsay within hearsay"

"3 levels? Is that even possible?"

Ha ha, I'm totally citing this video in the CPE exam if it's all going wrong. Or the next supo if we get another awkward silence such as the one following "Has anyone heard of Ford? It was in the lectures."

(Also, I'm enough of a geek that I instantly thought, ah, S.121, multiple hearsay, more stringent than S.114(1)(d))

:rofl:
Reply 6713
On the subject of job applications: Someone I know has to sit a numerical reasoning test. Not only has she been working for the company for more than twenty years but she's already been interviewed. London has said that a numerical reasoning test shall be sat, and so it shall be.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6714
My noes feels like it's been hit or something, but I don't remember doing anything to it.

I've just made some cookies. It's really hard not to eat them all. Ak.
Reply 6715
I love that I'm still getting rep (both positive and negative) for this post from many years ago.
Reply 6716
Yearbook website. Annoying but addictive.
Original post by harr
On the subject of job applications: Someone I know has to sit a numerical reasoning test. Not only has she been working for the company for more than twenty years but she's already been interviewed. London has said that a numerical reasoning test shall be sat, and so it shall be.

It might just be to calibrate it for potential future employees. One of the companies I applied to gave me my percentile for the overall population and then for the company as well.
Reply 6718
University challenge:

Spoiler

Reply 6719
Original post by alex_hk90
It might just be to calibrate it for potential future employees. One of the companies I applied to gave me my percentile for the overall population and then for the company as well.
It's possible. I'd have thought that it would be preferable just to tell some employees to take a numerical reasoning test though. Given how slowly all the careers systems work, an extra test could easily add a couple of weeks to the time taken to recruit or promote someone.

Nobody ever told my test scores. :frown: That was the only bit of the application process that I could do. (Having never got past an interview, I got my job by fooling them in to thinking I was competent during a month of work experience.)

Latest

Trending

Trending