The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crazy_emz
I admit I have a soft spot for Sainsbury's pizzas...plus, it's probably cheaper.

This is true, although I've just realised a massive group of us are ordering Domino's on Friday, so chances are it won't be too bad (and the pizza will probably - I repeat: probably (:p:) - be better).

---

Does anyone know what "getting an exeat" entails? I've skim-read the term dates page and the terms of residency and not managed to find anything. :erm: I'll be leaving for an interview in Newcastle, so I think I should declare it! :wink:
Reply 6741
Original post by The West Wing
I had dinner at an Italian person's house the other day, and they served Sainsbury's pizzas, and they say they regularly eat them!

The 'Sainsbury's Italian' brand pizzas are actually rather good, no? I get them whenever they're 2 for 1. Although I usually just get the Margherita and buy some extra ham or pepperoni sausage to put on top as the meat looks a little questionable sometimes.
I'm not a big fan of Domino's. Great if you it's late and you can't find anything else, otherwise a little overpriced and rather average quality.
Original post by Y__
The 'Sainsbury's Italian' brand pizzas are actually rather good, no? I get them whenever they're 2 for 1. Although I usually just get the Margherita and buy some extra ham or pepperoni sausage to put on top as the meat looks a little questionable sometimes.
I'm not a big fan of Domino's. Great if you it's late and you can't find anything else, otherwise a little overpriced and rather average quality.

I thought they were OK. I tend not to eat white flour so I only had a small slice, but the Italians definitely approved.
Reply 6743
Original post by Tortious

Does anyone know what "getting an exeat" entails? I've skim-read the term dates page and the terms of residency and not managed to find anything. :erm: I'll be leaving for an interview in Newcastle, so I think I should declare it! :wink:

Ahahaha :biggrin: Sorry :colondollar: I think, technically getting an exeat involves something stupid like getting a form from the porters lodge and then chasing up the senior tutor to sign it.
Realistically, nobody ever does anything like that. I've seen people leave for up to 5 days without telling anyone.
You can excuse yourself from supervisions and practicals by simply e-mailing your supervisor (they will be understanding, interviews are quite a good reason :wink: )- how would the college administration ever find out about it?

At Peterhouse I got an exeat when I needed to leave college in first year and haven't bothered since. Waste of time.
Reply 6745

As I recall, you ask your tutor for one, turns up in your pidge, and then you sign out at the plodge or so. I did them once or twice, but don't know anybody else that ever bothered.
Original post by ukebert
At Peterhouse I got an exeat when I needed to leave college in first year and haven't bothered since. Waste of time.

Original post by Slumpy
As I recall, you ask your tutor for one, turns up in your pidge, and then you sign out at the plodge or so. I did them once or twice, but don't know anybody else that ever bothered.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 6747
Back from MRI, exceedingly long dull wait followed by long and dull time inside a tube having to hold my breath for ages, and being injected with dye that made me feel like I was going to vomit. So all in all a pretty successful date, certainly more successful than either of the RAG blind dates I've been on.
Reply 6748
Certainly beats my 'date' with a delirious man with a blocked catheter after he spent all day tugging at it and subsequently bleeding and clotting everywhere :p: I managed to 'manually massage' about 50 ml of blood from his bladder and insert a laaaaarge (think biro thickness) catheter and unblock the fecker.
Original post by visesh
Certainly beats my 'date' with a delirious man with a blocked catheter after he spent all day tugging at it and subsequently bleeding and clotting everywhere :p: I managed to 'manually massage' about 50 ml of blood from his bladder and insert a laaaaarge (think biro thickness) catheter and unblock the fecker.

:puke:

Doodle the pain away...
Reply 6750
Original post by visesh

Niiiiiiice. That reminds me of when I was in A&E and the guy in the cubical next door had a catherter put in. That's not something you need to hear through a curtain. (Also he seemed to narrate the whole episode)
Reply 6751
:puke:

Yeah, I love my job :rolleyes:
I am now starting my coursework in at 11am tomorrow. Go me :p:
Reply 6753
Original post by ukebert
I am now starting my coursework in at 11am tomorrow. Go me :p:

GO GO GO! :biggrin:

I'm starting all of the work I was meant to do today right now, as my family were here today and convinced me to go and see Star Wars with them and then Nando's, and then I'd just sat down to work when my boyfriend showed up with a jigsaw and roses (cheesy, but I don't care) and then he didn't leave, so it's 11 and I am screwed as I'm still catching up from last week :p: I'm getting that whole guilt over not deserving free time as well :frown:
Original post by Zoedotdot
GO GO GO! :biggrin:

I'm starting all of the work I was meant to do today right now, as my family were here today and convinced me to go and see Star Wars with them and then Nando's, and then I'd just sat down to work when my boyfriend showed up with a jigsaw and roses (cheesy, but I don't care) and then he didn't leave, so it's 11 and I am screwed as I'm still catching up from last week :p: I'm getting that whole guilt over not deserving free time as well :frown:

Don't, you deserve your free time. :yep: :h:
Reply 6755
Original post by alex_hk90
Don't, you deserve your free time. :yep: :h:

It's hard to remember that when you're approaching week 5! But my parents insisted that I needed time off so I listened to them for once - I think they and you are probably right :smile:
Reply 6756
So it turned out there was a Medecins Sans Frontiers rose in my pidge today (as there was in the pidge of every single person in my friendship group, which is depressingly few nowadays), as well as a Mock the Week book. Justice for the offending gift-giver will be swift, merciless and possibly involve the first ever straight-person-initiated glitterbomb.

Also, my soiree with my econometrics supervisor extended well into the evening. Does talking about cointegration count as dirty talk?
Reply 6757
Original post by lp386
Does talking about cointegration count as dirty talk?

Yes yes it does.
Original post by lp386
Also, my soiree with my econometrics supervisor extended well into the evening. Does talking about cointegration count as dirty talk?

Of course, i.e. "you and I are strongly cointegrated - whenever a gap opens up between us, forces act to bring us back together". :redface: :getmecoat:
Reply 6759
Just put up six pictures of the Queen and Prince Philip on the walls of my flat. Standard.

Latest

Trending

Trending