The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Ah cool, when are the tests? :smile:

Definitely firm UCL if I were you!

Whenever we want apparently. Haven't booked yet.

Looks likely...But it's LSE :colondollar:
Original post by lordvulture
Did you mix up the two courses? L101 is the standard 3 year course, L100 is the year abroad one isn't it? so since L101 is a big part of L100, surely if its useful for L101, its going to be useful for L100?

Anyway, I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, did you receive an offer for both L100 and L101? and why are you firming UCL over LSE?

UCL L101 offer.

If anyone's interested, these unis have been added - Georgetown, UPenn, Carnegie Mellon. *drools* 2 Ivy Leagues, and the other is dubbed one of the hardest to get into in the US.
Reply 8702
Original post by WalkerPrince
UCL L101 offer.

If anyone's interested, these unis have been added - Georgetown, UPenn, Carnegie Mellon. *drools* 2 Ivy Leagues, and the other is dubbed one of the hardest to get into in the US.

where did you get the info from? doesnt say so on their website. but if its true, would defininately get me interested if given a l101 offer.
Original post by detrf
where did you get the info from? doesnt say so on their website. but if its true, would defininately get me interested if given a l101 offer.

Open Day, all from Mr Adam Rosen.
Reply 8704

wow that makes things very interesting...

congrats on your offer! what are the other offers you got/waiting for? you gonna firm ucl l101?
UCL L101 offer.

Oh my lord! I'm so torn.

Beforehand I was keen on either Chicago or Columbia - significantly swaying towards the Columbia side, because, hello, it's New York City. I would probably never have another opportunity to live there for the rest of my life...

But I've visited Georgetown and I LOVED it! And my cousin will be at Carnegie Mellon during our time there.

Hard choices... not exactly as if I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place though :wink:
Reply 8706

hi im waiting for ucl to reply to that course too!! L101. what r ur a levels and predicted grades?? thx and congrtz
Reply 8707
Original post by Bright Lights
Oh my lord! I'm so torn.

Beforehand I was keen on either Chicago or Columbia - significantly swaying towards the Columbia side, because, hello, it's New York City. I would probably never have another opportunity to live there for the rest of my life...

But I've visited Georgetown and I LOVED it! And my cousin will be at Carnegie Mellon during our time there.

Hard choices... not exactly as if I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place though :wink:

have u got an offer too for L101 UCl?? im waiting for reply to that course!! im getting so nervous. what r ur a levels and predicted grades tho??? thx
Reply 8708
Hope Warwick give me a reply today.. Seems they have been giving replies over the past few days :biggrin:
Reply 8709
Original post by Hemzo
Hope Warwick give me a reply today.. Seems they have been giving replies over the past few days :biggrin:

We can only hope!
Original post by detrf
wow that makes things very interesting...

congrats on your offer! what are the other offers you got/waiting for? you gonna firm ucl l101?

Thanks.
Offers - LSE, Warwick, UCL, Bath

Original post by Bright Lights
Oh my lord! I'm so torn.

It's great! UCL firm seems so exciting now, it's just I have to convince myself that insuring LSE isn't the wrong move in the long run. I'd go to Chicago, Columbia, UCLA, Georgetown or UPenn. That's 4 choice, bound to end up at 1 at least!

Original post by borch
hi im waiting for ucl to reply to that course too!! L101. what r ur a levels and predicted grades?? thx and congrtz

Maths, FMaths, Physics, Economics. 4A*s
Reply 8711
Original post by Tateco
We can only hope!

I take what I said back :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8712
Original post by Hemzo
I take what I said back :colonhash:

:mad:
Reply 8713
Hey guys, I need some help and I think this thread is the best place where I can ask this.

Some tourism entrepreneurs want to improve their businesses because they expect an increasing demand very soon. What do they need from a bank: a fixed-rate loan or a line of credit?
Whoever has an offer from Bath, SERIOUSLY consider it. Some students were earning £50,000 on their placement year.
Reply 8715
Rejected by Warwick.

Bet I'm the only person here without an offer
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8716
Original post by Az_016
Rejected by Warwick.

Bet I'm the only person here without an offer

You're not alone, just shows how difficult it is to get into Warwick! Have you got any other offers from elsewhere?
Reply 8717
Original post by Hemzo
You're not alone, just shows how difficult it is to get into Warwick! Have you got any other offers from elsewhere?

No and I'm kinda annoyed coz my grades aren't that bad
So I got rejected by Warwick.

Bothered? No
Reply 8719
Whoever has an offer from Bath, SERIOUSLY consider it. Some students were earning £50,000 on their placement year.

Some don't even get placements, though :s And you have to pay Bath £2500 in tuition fees ... for not going to Bath.

Latest

Trending

Trending