5As :smile: Soo happy!
Congrats to everyone.
Reply 5481
Edexcel Physics Unit 1 62 - D
Edexcel Maths C1 78 - B
AQA Chemistry Unit 1 83 - A

I'm surprisingly not upset with the D and B, I know I have a chance to improve
Original post by darwinwant
I only had my Unit 1 and i got a C :frown: So upset. Is retaking really difficult, I'm worried about having an extra exam in the summer. Well done on your B though! HATE SNAB!!

.. wait, are you in year 12?
welllll i think its hard for me to say if retaking is easy or not, it is 100% down to you on that one.. but if you think you can put in the effort and do better then go for it
but i can tell you it can be hard to juggle all subjects. i mean for me, i concentrated a lot more on my bio resit than my ict and it showed lol =/ but i dont mind so much about ICT...

if it is possible, you could get a tutor? i got one and i pushed myself up a grade (Y) but if you wanna resit, dont foget about other exams or youll probs be worse off.
goood luck in the futureeee! :smile:
Original post by DeelyBopper
Oh well - it was a very hard paper I thought and the grade boundaries were high :frown: my dads a science teacher and said yesterday the results at his school for this paper were all low too - only 3 A's in about 40 students when they were expecting about 15-20 :|

Well done on managing through 9 exams! How did you do on the rest? :smile:

C1:95
C3:80
C4:70
S2:79
D2:73(Remark, definitely)
FP1:76 (which was actually about 65/75.. the grade boundaries were 67 for an A)
GENA3:48(Remark as I'm 2 marks off a B in general studies and my uni accept)
GENA4:80
Then obviously my D, which we're getting the script for and my teacher is marking it and maybe getting it remarked.
I'm content though, got 490/600 in maths so have an A :biggrin:
Original post by VictorDeLost
Ha, don't be sad.
The majority in my class got an E for C1.

was that ocr b salters chem?
Original post by Parle à ma main
Such a **** day today, most people were in tears. I think there were about three people who were actually happy with their results. I'm so tempted to drop out of sixth form, I don't know how I can stomach another four months of even harder work, without even the guarantee that it'll pay off...

That would be a massive mistake. Are you A2? If so there's absolutely no point in dropping out now and completely wasting all the work you've put in over the last 18 months. What did you get?
Reply 5486
Physics; 113/120 A(*)
Maths C3; 93/100 A(*)
Maths D1; 82/100 A
Chemistry unit 4; 86/100 A
Biology unit 4; 86/100 A

Im really happy with my results but literally all of my friends did really badly and spent the day crying that their futures were ruined, i actually felt bad for doing well because i felt like talking about it would be rubbing it in their faces :s-smilie:
Original post by hello123450
.. wait, are you in year 12?
welllll i think its hard for me to say if retaking is easy or not, it is 100% down to you on that one.. but if you think you can put in the effort and do better then go for it
but i can tell you it can be hard to juggle all subjects. i mean for me, i concentrated a lot more on my bio resit than my ict and it showed lol =/ but i dont mind so much about ICT...

if it is possible, you could get a tutor? i got one and i pushed myself up a grade (Y) but if you wanna resit, dont foget about other exams or youll probs be worse off.
goood luck in the futureeee! :smile:

Yeah i'm in year 12. I'm definitely resitting but I'm worried about the effect it will have on my other summer exams..
How much are tutors?
Feeling cheerful

I got:

Media 96/100 : A

Citizenship 120/120: A
Reply 5489
Original post by Lucster
Yeah I am pleaed with an A in AQA Physics Unit 4, but only got a B in mei C3. That was such a **** exam. :P Might aswell resit it to get an A.

I am definitely resitting maths! Before I went to the exam expected an A, after I left I thought I completely failed, but still a C is not good enough :s-smilie:

Well done to you!
I hope that guy who persistantly posted "I'm hoping for a clean sweep of 100% Ums" failed.
Reply 5491
Original post by paulbridger
Resat a C in geography and went up to an A!! unbelievably happy!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 5492
I'm kind of disapointed.

SCLY1 got 40/80 UMS - D :mad:

Meh

Also new member (1st post):smile:
Edexcel C3 Maths - 96 A*
Edexcel Chemistry - 116 A*

Woooo! Takes the pressure off meeting my offer this summer! Hope the majority of you are happy :smile:
Reply 5494
Original post by Miracle Day
I hope that guy who persistantly posted "I'm hoping for a clean sweep of 100% Ums" failed.

He posted a couple of minutes ago saying he had 100% Ums marks. I think it's just a troll though
Original post by Xero Xenith
OCR Maths:
M1: 93
M2: 91
C4: 100
FP2: 86

AQA Physics A 4: 113/120
OCR Economics 3: 75/100

Happy with that, means I can't be pressured into the Econ A*, and I've basically got my A*A* in M/FM :smile: (just need a 0 in D1 and 8 in FP3 :tongue:)

How'd yours go?

Brilliant well done :biggrin:

I got:

C3: 99
C4: 100
M1: 90
FP2: 80 (sort of saw that coming :tongue:)
FP3: 91
AQA Physics A 4: 103

FP2 hurt my pride a bit haha, but I still got just enough to get my A*, I only now need 20 UMS in M2 to get it :smile: And officially have an A* in Maths :wink: Now it's basically just STEP for us I guess? :redface:
AQA Biol1 - A
AQA Chem1 - B
WJEC EngLit - C

Really disappointed with English :frown:. Especially since I didn't get below B in my mocks -.-.
Original post by EffKayy
5As :smile: Soo happy!
Congrats to everyone.

Congrats congrats!
Whats your UMS for biology? Were you stressing for nothing? xD
Reply 5498
business unit 2 resit - B (73/100)
Business unit 3 - A* (95/100)
politics unit 3 - A (83/100)
History unit 2 resit - A (82/100)

Woooooooo :biggrin:DDDDD
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5499
Original post by pink pineapple
Pretty annoyed, was two marks off a B in politics, is it worth resitting?

I have this exact same problem (except mine was two marks off an A) and I have no idea what to do! I've already resat once in another module and I do not want to do it again :| I'd say go for it if its one of the first modules but choose wisely if it might affect other exams

Quick Reply

Latest