The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Al04
Same here. Don't get me started.. :frown:

:frown: What did you get?
So...about that low grade boundaries thing :tongue:

AQA Chemistry 1- U (I mean really? how the **** is that possible?)
AQA Physics 1- C (not totally gutted, still a retake)
Edexcel Maths C1- C (-_-)

so, 3 results, 3 retakes...****ing January modules. :unimpressed: I knew I'd put far too little effort in.
BIOL4 - 70
PSYA3 - 94
GEO4A - 43 :confused:
General Studies - 158/200 LOL.
Original post by Eternal*
:console:
I hate myself too.

Spoiler

I think everyone hates me now :frown: How did it go? :hugs:
Original post by 1platinum
Lakhvir - how did it go buddy?

Hello! It went good and bad lol :/ I got AABCE :cry2: I'll send you a proper pm soon explaining properly haha. How did you do? :smile:
Reply 5664
fairly happy with my results :

AQA Psychology A PSYA2 : C 4 marks off B
AQA Psychology A PSYA3: B 7 marks off A
Reply 5665
Original post by thenewone61
fml. seriously, fml.
OCR (for everything)

Bio Molcls, Bdbsty, food + health: C [RETAKE UP FROM A D]
Chem: Atoms Bonds and groups: B [RETAKE UP FROM AN E]
Chem; Chains, energy and resources: D [RETAKE UP FROM A U]
Bio Unit 4: U
Chem Unit 4: U
(Failed my A2 disgustingly... retakes in June. *sigh*)

I really didn't expect these results and am beyond the point of crying. I haven't cried once today because I don't need to. I know I'm ****ed. The thing is I worked. I didn't not bother, I actually tried to work.

Any advice?

Well you definitely improved in the units you resat! I don't do OCR so it's hard for me to give you advice on what to do for each unit. Don't give up though, I know how dissapointed you still feel but you've got to keep working hard and hopefully it will pay off. You've still got time left till June to work on figuring out a plan/strategy that will help you ace those exams and avoid the same mistakes :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Psya3 - 84 ums: A
6bio2 - 44 ums: U :frown:
6bio4 - 74 ums: C
ella3 - 79 ums: C
C3:100
M2:100
C4:98

Yeh im happy lol.
Physics 103/120 so an A lol.
Original post by Legendary
FP1 - 100
S1 - 100
D1 - 100
PHYA4-120 (Not sure how I actually got 120)
CHEM4 - 120

100 raw marks in CHEM4. :colondollar:

I don't see why anybody negged this post. You weren't boastful or arrogant in any way about what you got or anything... people shouldn't neg posts just for being jealous of others' success. Clearly your hard work paid off, so good for you :smile:
Reply 5669
Got a B in my edexcel history resit. Only confusing thing is that it says my mark is "76" despite the paper being out of 60? I don't get how that works
Original post by Jackkkkk
Yeahh you got 88 UMS not 88%. But 88 UMS equates to an A. The raw marks is converted to ums which then works how i previously explained :smile:

Use this:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

go to GCE units: which shows an A to be in Economics unit 1, 68 marks out of 80. and a B to be 54 marks. So you must have got between these two marks. Which is the converted to UMS and shown in the document labelled: GCE UNIT UNIFORM MARK.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you. By the way my accounting is 1 mark of an A (AQA). Do you think it is worth it to get it re-marked? It's 59 to get A I've got 58. :/
Reply 5671
Original post by darwinwant
How did everyone do in AQA economics!

Economics 1 - 87 A
Economics 3 - 89 A

you?
Reply 5672
German edexcel- A :biggrin: SOSOSO HAPPY! I was expecting to have to resit that one again, but obviously not.

English Language B AQA- D (C overall when you include my coursework) not happy about that one, wasn't expecting much though cuzz I found the exam to be ridiculous. Resitting that again in June.

General Studies edexcel- U :cool:
Reply 5673
OCR Chemistry F211 - A (78/90)
OCR Biology Unit 1 - A(76/90)
Edexcel Economics unit 1 - A (89/100)

Yay.
Reply 5674
Bad times guys im on a B in Media, a D in biology and a E in maths, i don`t think ill get into uni what do i do?
Reply 5675
Original post by Beckiix
BUSS 3: 100 ums
BUSS 1: 96 ums
C1: 88 ums
C3: 64 ums

Really happy about the business mark, really sad about the C3 as I was getting As in the practice papers and in my mocks. Oh well! 5 exams in the summer for me!

The maximum UMS for BUSS1 is 80...
Original post by MrRobbieHorton
Very unlikely, usually UMS marks are upscaled so dependent on how everyone else did it could be as low as 50% or as high as 90% raw marks for Edexcel

Cheers. I feel like re-sitting my C1. I don't know how many raw marks is 88 UMS but I was pretty sure I only dropped 5-6 marks. I did get an A overall but I'm scared if it ruins my chances of getting A* overall.
Original post by Jambone2
So...about that low grade boundaries thing :tongue:

AQA Chemistry 1- U (I mean really? how the **** is that possible?)
AQA Physics 1- C (not totally gutted, still a retake)
Edexcel Maths C1- C (-_-)

so, 3 results, 3 retakes...****ing January modules. :unimpressed: I knew I'd put far too little effort in.

You're not the only one. Everyone at my school's sixth form got U's:s-smilie:
BIOL4 - 70
PSYA3 - 94
GEO4A - 43 :confused:
General Studies - 158/200 LOL.
were F212 OCR biology boundaries high?

Quick Reply

Latest