Reply 222
Original post by prog2djent
Libertarian for teh win!

libertarian? Puh-lease.
can't vote
Reply 224
Original post by usainlightning
can't vote

That's because you have red gems, so unless you get them to at least +1, you can't vote.
Reply 225
Thanks for sending me a message to vote in something I can't even vote in.

My support goes to the Libertarian party.
Original post by mevidek
That's because you have red gems, so unless you get them to at least +1, you can't vote.

That is incorrect, on the first page it says the following: "*If you meet this criteria but have neg rep, you may find yourself unable to vote. If this is the case, PM me and I'll add your vote in." usainlightning meets the requirements but just needs to PM Metrobeans.

Do you trust Labour? after this display of lacking knowledge in voting procedures and spreading false information, you should not and should instead vote Conservative.
Reply 227
Original post by tehFrance
That is incorrect, on the first page it says the following: "*If you meet this criteria but have neg rep, you may find yourself unable to vote. If this is the case, PM me and I'll add your vote in." usainlightning meets the requirements but just needs to PM Metrobeans.

Do you trust Labour? after this display of lacking knowledge in voting procedures and spreading false information, you should not and should instead vote Conservative.

:lol: He makes a slight error and you come out with all this crap :lol:
Original post by davidmarsh01
:lol: He makes a slight error and you come out with all this crap :lol:

Well it is true... :colonhash:
Reply 229
Well it is true... :colonhash:

It's true that he made a slight error yes, but it hardly reflects if you should trust the whole party or not :lol:
It's true that he made a slight error yes, but it hardly reflects if you should trust the whole party or not :lol:

Still, you are Labour... no one trusts the left.
Reply 231
Still, you are Labour... no one trusts the left.

We'll just wait until after the election before judging that.
Original post by DebatingGreg
I was swaying towards Labour, but the accusations of lack of activity still worry me :confused:

I clearly understand your concerns DebatingGreg,we need a stable and active government one which has the people ie the voters/electorate at the forefront of their minds,thats why a vote for liberal democrats means a stable and active party one which will do its upmost to secure everyones future
Original post by wizardtop
so by your own admission on welfare reform,you dont think its really that important TopHat?

Original post by TopHat
We think welfare reform is pretty important, we know that £1.2 bn is lost through welfare fraud each year, and that's an issue we want to solve.

I'm not sure you read my post properly, so I've quoted it again. :smile:

you dont belive that is in your partys list of priorities its because of certain successive governments that have allowed this welfare fraud to occur and it is also because the genuine welfare claiments who have genuine disability have been penalised because of those individuals who are milking our benefits and welfare system Our party believes that this fraudlent in welfare needs to stop and if we were in government we would take the necessary steps to stop it instead of ignoring it like other governments have been

Yes, and that's exactly why TSR Labour plans to tackle welfare reform. There's a reason we're the Labour Party, not the Dole Party. We're in favour of making sure people can get into sustainable, paying labour. You've not actually made a point here, you've just misread my post and then made a platitudinous statement.
We'll just wait until after the election before judging that.

Well considering that Europe (including the UK, bar Scotland) is very much Centre-Right in general, it is safe to say little to no-one trusts the left.
Reply 235
Well considering that Europe (including the UK, bar Scotland) is very much Centre-Right in general, it is safe to say little to no-one trusts the left.

That's why Scotland's the best and Europe is in a financial mess obviously.
That's why Scotland's the best and Europe is in a financial mess obviously.

Isn't Scotland's finances controlled by Westminister... let's wait until you gain independence (if ever) to see how truly good you are without English money.
Reply 237
Isn't Scotland's finances controlled by Westminister... let's wait until you gain independence (if ever) to see how truly good you are without English money.

:lol: Contrary to popular belief, we're not all subsidy junkies.

Edit: This has got nothing to do with the election, if you really want to continue this then please PM me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
Out of interest do any of the parties actively support the ACTA movement?

The TSR Labour Party is fundamentally against ACTA - we feel it infringes on fundamental human rights, such as communication privacy.

Another couple of interests; what are the parties foreign policies regarding things like the pull out of Afghanistan and the threat from Iran.

To quote myself earlier in the thread:

In terms of defence, I'd like to see staggered retreat from Aghanistan. "Hearts and minds" may have worked if it had been mission goal from the very conception, but US and UK forces are simply tainted now. The longer we stay, the more Taliban converts we create. Our only goal now should be to train the current Afghan troops as best we can - they're the future of Afghanistan.

With Iran, I think we have to be realistic. They're going to develop nuclear weapons, as noted by several authorities. We have two choices from that point. The first is that we attempt to delay them, using military tactics and options such as bunker busters. This does not solve the problem - we can only ever delay them. Unless we're willing to go for a full-scale invasion to permanently suppress the Iranian state, all military matters will do is make things worse for us when the time does come. The second option is that we open up negotiations, and I think this is the better path. That doesn't mean we take the soft route - we still have hefty economic sanctions we can apply. It does mean, however, being willing to sit at the same table with the Iranian state. Ultimately, the future of the Iranian problem lies in creating a burgeoning Iranian middle class, whose economic strength will be enough to create a more stable state, just like has happened in every current democratic nation. To create that middle class, we need to carefully reintegrate Iran with the global community. It's difficult, it's dangerous, but it is the only option.

Finally the parties opinion on defibrillators in schools as promoted by the Oliver King Foundation

http://www.theoliverkingfoundation.co.uk/index.html

A really excellent idea. Total support from us.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :smile:

My pleasure. :smile:
Original post by Rakas21
Our surge was much longer lasting and stronger though i accept that for the first half of the term weak leadership meant that we had to readjust internally before the mantle of opposition to you.

Longer lasting? You have no idea how long each surge would have lasted, given the general election put a halt to things. It's simply untrue to say that.

To the electorate, we apologist for any shortcomings and these will not be repeated. I ask only that you bear in mind that we still passed motions and bill while governing party was too inept to do that.

Glad you've finally apologised. How much longer did it take you to apologise than it did for us? What's that about being slow off the mark, you say? As for passing motions and bills, I've already pointed out why that was difficult: your partisanship obstruction. Even the Libertarians have agreed with us on this point, I'm no lone ranger in this opinion.

I can assure that you i replaced inactive MPs within a week and they have been actively voting and creating bills (we have several completed that will go out instantly upon the reopening of parliament), you on the other hand had a shocking turnout on perhaps your most important bill, the salary cap bill

And we've also replaced inactive MPs with MPs who then go on to vote and create bills. I should know, I'm one of them. :wink: As for the Salary Cap Bill being our most important, I'd disagree. It was one of many.

Where do you get the idea that you were equal, as shown below from Feb 20th we were the most active party bar the 1 week you drew level. You replaced leaders on the 11th Feb and yet it took until March 12th to even draw level despite more MPs and even then you got 1 joint motion passed.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1927669

If we were behind in the first week, then caught up by the end, surely that would indicate our activity in the second week was higher than yours? What's that about a long-lasting surge? :confused:

The only thing that makes me nervous about Labour is their willingness to destroy enterprise, innovation and destroy liberty.

Ah, back to this old line. Run out of new insults? Shame...

Latest

Trending

Trending