The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isp
It's so difficult to revise after 10PM

yh its hard!

you should try doing it after you had some alcohol too, it's well hard haha

Just finished watching Ross Kemp On Gangs on tv, now im knackered

EDIT : Who the hell negged me? If i find out who it is, your gonna get negged back
(edited 12 years ago)
good thing i've started muscle contraction - unit 5 biology. making steady progress..
Original post by AmyLH
Completely OT but:

Spoiler

:laugh:
Original post by isp
It's so difficult to revise after 10PM

That's the easiest time to revise.
The quotient rule is not fun at 03:18 AM. :frown:
For today:
- Applications of analytical chemistry
- Aspects of human reproduction
- Write up notes on stakeholders
- Design and materials

If time, do economics essays.
At college today LOL :P
Today:
- ICT project
Reply 4787
Original post by Jellybeany
Hii yes i am doing AQA but doing the tort part of unit 4 (Gahhhh- hate tort)

How was unit 3 for you? Are you resitting any others?

:smile:

And you still have to do that concepts of law bit dont you? I dont understand the need for that!

I'm also doing tort A2 Law. How are you finding it? Any tips for revision or exam style?
Today:
- D1 paper
- Read Unit 3 notes Bio
- Go over chapter 2 +5 Phys Unit 1
- Chemistry - Green Chemistry
- Chemistry Unit 2 paper
Already done a C1 and C2 paper.

Will carry on with my EPQ presentation, and try and do some economics essays.
Original post by Pensivedore
I dunno, I guess I just revised a lot. I had a lot of time to revise for 01 as I had only one other exam in January last year, which meant I had time to make a lot of notes. To be honest, with law 02 I only just got an A (82) because I didn't prepare as much and had other exams :/.

Okay :smile: but well done! How long did you spend revising for 02? I know it varies but im really struggling! Sorry for all of the questions :smile:
Original post by egray9
I'm also doing tort A2 Law. How are you finding it? Any tips for revision or exam style?

Havent really started tbh! I know bits of it but ive been trying to get my head around negligence. I dont seem to be able to grasp it which is probably why i didnt do very well in 02. I need to understand negligence i think before i start properly on 04 :smile: How are you finding it? Are you resiting any others? :smile:
Reply 4792
Today:
CHEM5- Revise 'Redox Equilibria'
Start revising 'Reactions of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution'
BIOL5 - Finish preparing for ISA
Revise 'Homeostasis'
Do Examination Questions
CHEM2 (Synoptic Revision) - Revise 'Halogens'
Revise 'Alkaline Earth Metals'
Practice questions for both topics
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4793
I'm slipping into the usual holiday sleeping pattern :rolleyes:

Today:
- Go over all of module 1 for f212
- Go over group 2
- Go over energetics
- Chem2 past paper
- Go over all of the fossil/rock dating stuff
- Gl1 past paper
- C2 past paper
- Textbook questions on: probability, confidence intervals, and normal distribution
- S1 past paper
Today:

- Read Unit 3 notes Bio
- Go over chapter 2 +5 Phys Unit 1

- Chemistry Unit 2 paper
(edited 12 years ago)
When does everyone's study leave start?

Mine starts 18th May... and my first exam is the 16th May :facepalm:
Then the rest 21st till 24th.
So i'll have a grand total of a weekend of study leave before the bulk of my exams :laugh:
Original post by Mocking_bird

So i'll have a grand total of a weekend of study leave before the bulk of my exams :laugh:

I've checked the calendar and I don't even think we get any 'study leave'. We've got a break from the 28th - 31st May which might be 'study leave' but that's it.

I've got an exam on the 31st May anyway.
Reply 4797
Just curious has anyone started past papers yet for two or more of their subjects? I'm still in the process of making notes and plan to start them three weeks before my first exam (not sure if I'm leaving it too late for past papers).
Original post by Mocking_bird

I finish on the 1st June and my exams start on the 18th May. No study leave for the first 4 exams! Yehhh. :smile:

Original post by isp
Just curious has anyone started past papers yet for two or more of their subjects? I'm still in the process of making notes and plan to start them three weeks before my first exam (not sure if I'm leaving it too late for past papers).

Im still making notes/mindmaps/etc. Im not planning to do past papers untill i know my notes (maybe a week or two before the exams) and then that leaves me to brush up on the things im lacking in., although i do use past paper answers as part of my revision notes so i know exactly what they want from me :smile:

Youll be fine :smile:
Original post by Tullia
I've checked the calendar and I don't even think we get any 'study leave'. We've got a break from the 28th - 31st May which might be 'study leave' but that's it.

I've got an exam on the 31st May anyway.

C3?

Quick Reply

Latest