The Student Room Group

My childhood friend finally agreed to meet up but her reply was short so is it a bad?

I asked out my childhood friend Aishu for a coffee via Instagram on 6th May but she isn't that active on Instagram so she took pretty much a month to reply to it and she finally replied today. We were very close friends when we were in elementary school in 2008-2011 and now we are both in last year of college in different colleges and will be graduating soon. She is 21 now turning 22 after a couple of months and I am also 22 now and today morning I finally saw her reply which was a positive one. After getting rejected and blocked by 3 girls recently, it was so good to see a girl agreeing to meet up. I asked her out by messaging her this "So maybe we both can meet up for a coffee or something as its been a really long time since we met?" and she just replied "yeah ok". After that I asked her to decide when we can meet up. She isn't online now so didn't reply to it yet. Btw is her 2 words reply a bad thing? Or will we really meet up and I will be lucky this time? I genuinely like her so I do wanna meet up. I have never been on a date before and never had a gf so I am super confused.
Reply 1
If she's not very active online, why not get a phone number to arrange things more quickly?

However, it's concerning that you talk about asking a friend for coffee, then jump to being rejected and dates and girlfriends. What exactly are you hoping to gain from meeting someone from 12 years ago? Is it a catch-up or a date?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If she's not very active online, why not get a phone number to arrange things more quickly?

However, it's concerning that you talk about asking a friend for coffee, then jump to being rejected and dates and girlfriends. What exactly are you hoping to gain from meeting someone from 12 years ago? Is it a catch-up or a date?

I wanna fall in love with her. In fact I am already in love with her. I want her as my girlfriend.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I wanna fall in love with her. In fact I am already in love with her. I want her as my girlfriend.

When was the last time you actually spoke with (not messaged) her? Does she know it's a date and what your intentions are? It's all sounding very one-sided and you're more likely to scare her away by being this intense.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
When was the last time you actually spoke with (not messaged) her? Does she know it's a date and what your intentions are? It's all sounding very one-sided and you're more likely to scare her away by being this intense.

2011 was the last time we spoke in person. My parents bought a new apartment that year so we came to another area of our city. We were in the same school during high school too but didn't interact as we weren’t in the same class
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
2011 was the last time we spoke in person. My parents bought a new apartment that year so we came to another area of our city. We were in the same school during high school too but didn't interact as we weren’t in the same class

So there's a young woman you were friends with for 3 years when you were kids, you couldn't be bothered to make an effort with her after the age of 10 and haven't spoken with in 12 years. And you want her to be your girlfriend? Riiiiight....

If this isn't trolling, it's immature and desperate. Cancel the coffee and grow up.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
So there's a young woman you were friends with for 3 years when you were kids, you couldn't be bothered to make an effort with her after the age of 10 and haven't spoken with in 12 years. And you want her to be your girlfriend? Riiiiight....

If this isn't trolling, it's immature and desperate. Cancel the coffee and grow up.

Unfortunately I will rejected by 3 girls before who too used to be in the same school as me but now we are in different colleges so we had been chatting on Instagram for 2-3 months but they rejected and blocked me. In fact one of them agreed to meet up but sadly blocked me too after few days for no reason. I have been using dating apps for almost a year but hardly get any matches. I am already 22 and never had a girlfriend and I missed out on teenage love and it kills me. I don't wanna miss out on early 20s love too. I am completely inexperienced when it comes to love and that makes me emotionally stunted in maturity when it comes to dating and relationships. I feel FOMO all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending