The Student Room Group

problems with ielts results

Hiii.. I got a conditional offer letter from university of east london for Podiatric medicine for September 2012 intake!!
i needed to take 6.0 in all the modules of ielts. i did the exam and i got 7.0 as an overall results and for listening 7.5, speaking 8.0, writing 6.0 but for reading only i got 5.5!!!
What can i do now??!! Do i need to redo the ielts exam again??!! or is it possible for the university to accept my results and provide an unconditional offer??!!:confused:
Reply 1
Original post by sweetgal_r
Hiii.. I got a conditional offer letter from university of east london for Podiatric medicine for September 2012 intake!!
i needed to take 6.0 in all the modules of ielts. i did the exam and i got 7.0 as an overall results and for listening 7.5, speaking 8.0, writing 6.0 but for reading only i got 5.5!!!
What can i do now??!! Do i need to redo the ielts exam again??!! or is it possible for the university to accept my results and provide an unconditional offer??!!:confused:

Well, if your condition was a 6.0 in all components, then technically you've failed to meet that, meaning that you'd have to retake the test. The best thing to do, though, would be to get in touch with your department straight away and let them know about this. They might accept the 5.5 in reading as a blip, and that would save you the trouble of having to take (and pay for) the exam again.
Reply 2
Ahh... okk... Thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending