The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Ielts Exemption

Hi everyone, I want to apply for UCL and my IELTs of components do not meet their requirements and I saw that in their homepage that if I have 12 consecutive months, leading to an qualification, I don't need to provide my IELTS result.
Currently, I am studying in 2 years A level course. Is it matches their requirement and am I able to not provide them my IELTS result and still get unconditional offer?
I hope that someone who have been in my circumstances will give me an advice for this. Thank you guys so much.
Do they say what level of qualification they require? Level 3?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
It's level 4. Overall 7.5 and each components at least 7.0
Original post by Anonymous
It's level 4. Overall 7.5 and each components at least 7.0

No. What level qualification do they require you to have taken in the medium of English to possible waive the IELTS requirement? e.g. Level 3 would be A-Levels or equivalent.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
No. What level qualification do they require you to have taken in the medium of English to possible waive the IELTS requirement? e.g. Level 3 would be A-Levels or equivalent.
Oh sorry for misunderstood. As I searched on their English requirement page, they don't clarify which level they need. This is what they said in their page and it makes me confused whether I'm eligible to their IELTS exemption or not. Sorry for confusion I made.
"This option means you must show us completion of at least 12 months academic education leading to an awarded qualification.
This must be in a country that UCL considers to be "majority English-speaking" and the medium instruction must be English.
You must receive this qualification no more than two years before the proposed date of enrolment. This includes the summer two years before enrolment if starting in September.
Please note that if your studies were completed under transnational education (where the whole duration of the programme was NOT completed in a majority English speaking country), you will be required to take a recognised English test from the list below."
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One

Oh Sorry for misunderstanding. They don't clarify which levels they need, they just said that I have to complete at least 12 month of study which lead to academic qualification and the medium instructions must be English. So it makes me confused whether my 2 year a level course is suitable or not?
Thank you so much
Original post by Anonymous
Oh sorry for misunderstood. As I searched on their English requirement page, they don't clarify which level they need. This is what they said in their page and it makes me confused whether I'm eligible to their IELTS exemption or not. Sorry for confusion I made.
"This option means you must show us completion of at least 12 months academic education leading to an awarded qualification.
This must be in a country that UCL considers to be "majority English-speaking" and the medium instruction must be English.
You must receive this qualification no more than two years before the proposed date of enrolment. This includes the summer two years before enrolment if starting in September.
Please note that if your studies were completed under transnational education (where the whole duration of the programme was NOT completed in a majority English speaking country), you will be required to take a recognised English test from the list below."

Sounds like you might meet the requirements. In most cases you don't need an English test to apply, so you could wait and see if you got an offer and whether it included an English condition.

Often unis won't want to confirm either way before you submit an application with all the relevant info on it.
Reply 7
Oh thank you so much for your help. I hope that I don't have to take IELTs anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending