The Student Room Group

Are you Good Looking?

Scroll to see replies

Yes I am good looking however the last couple of nights worth of photos... I don't come off looking my best, then again these past couple of nights have been really quite hard parties :rofl:
Question is... Are you good looking, since you're the one who started this... Debate.
If you wanna know if I'm good looking... well, I wouldn't say I'm your johnny depp, but then again I don't look like iv been on the piss if ya get me?
Only other people can rate, Simples... *meerkat squel*
I think I'm rather good looking, yes. Especially facially.

My body on the other hand is kinda hairy and I have the foundation of a beer belly that is slowly maturing :tongue:
I wish I was good looking, probably below average :frown:
Very tanned naturally, dark brown curly hair, massive forehead, a small nose that doesn't suit me, tiny ears, flabby tummy (but i'm not overweight) and a fair bit of acne. I used to have a fringe but I got rid of it because I'm not as insecure about my forehead.

I guess I'm alright looking.
Reply 65
No I'm not, but there's more to life than good looks!
Reply 66
I am happy with the way I look. I'm sure as many people would disagree than would agree. Which is fine by me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think everyone has some physical issue with themselves they would like to change. But I firmly believe in making the best of, and loving what you have. :smile:
Pretty average tbh :redface:
what's the point of this thread if you don't even post pictures? At least then we'll know if you're correct in your opinion of whether your good looking or not xD
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Your mate in the middle is really hot. But you're not bad-looking. I have to be honest. You're average, I think. Seems more like a bad picture. :tongue:

Some people think I'm hot, some think I'm average, some think I'm unappealing. I don't have an opinion on the way I look, all I care is that I'm happy with the way I look and I feel good about it.

Christ, you should have a trawl through my facebook, I literally picked out the most flattering picture of me that exists :frown:

And I know Ross is a fine looking guy :tongue:

And Sarah on the right :sexface:
Original post by original_username
Didn't know McKenzie still existed. :wink:

As in Will McKenzie. I'm said to look like a white Will McKenzie with my glasses on and Simon Cooper without them.
Reply 71
A lot of the times when people think they're really good looking..they're actually not :/ how do you know for certain that you are what most people would perceive as good looking? i know a few people who really do have their heads shoved up their *coughs* and they genuinely think they are really good looking like GENUINELY, but to me or other people they actually are average not even that and it absolutely BAFFLES me that they think so highly of themselves lol
Reply 72
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
you're too hard on yourself *hugs*

Aww thanks :redface:
I'm happy with how I look. I don't fret too much other the things I can't change because worrying over things like doesn't solve anything. I think my parents are good-looking people and I like to think I've inherited some of that.

I definitely think looks effect confidence. I hated how I looked age 11~16 and I wasn't confident at all. As soon as I decided to make some changes -- better haircut; experimented with different styles of make-up; introduced more colour (it was all black) to my wardrobe; switched to contact lenses; saw a nurse about acne, etc -- I felt a lot happier about how I looked and as a result I became much more confident. :smile:
It changes all the time. My looks affect my confidence, my confidence affects how I perceive myself (i.e. how I think I look). Vicious circle, you know?

Somedays I look in the mirror - not too bad.
Somedays I look in the mirror and it's just not happening.
I am, unfortunately, not very photogenic. My face just does something that is the epitome of unattractive when a camera is pointed at it!

So I don't really know. Being one of those god-awful, terribly insecure teenage girls, I'd say self-perception of my looks definitely affects my confidence.

Going off of what other people have said, there have only been five people who've said I look good? One being my mum, so make that four people.
Original post by Zara<3
A lot of the times when people think they're really good looking..they're actually not :/ how do you know for certain that you are what most people would perceive as good looking? i know a few people who really do have their heads shoved up their *coughs* and they genuinely think they are really good looking like GENUINELY, but to me or other people they actually are average not even that and it absolutely BAFFLES me that they think so highly of themselves lol

that's why everyone should post pictures :biggrin:
No, but I think I've got potential, most of my physical issues are caused by bad diet, which is something I'm going to resolve this summer. I'll join a gym too. Other than that I've just got a broken nose, I'm not sure if it can be fixed on the NHS though, I've had it for about a decade, I can't remember what it looked like before it broke.
Reply 77
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm not to judge.
Original post by Anonymous
if not, how much do your looks, or lack of looks....affect your confidence?

Not being some cheesy douche like cheddar right now, who should bugger off but we're all beautiful in our own way and it'll show one day, whether it be today, tomorrow or 10 years, someone out there will surely love us, for personality or looks etc. In which they will find beautiful or good, there's your point :wink:
When I walked past a mirror today I did a double take - but that's just because it was new mirror.

Honestly I'd say I okay. I'd look a lot better if I lost some weight though.

EDIT: Terrible, terrible joke.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest