The Student Room Group

What's your best Hangover Cure?

Really really hungover but I promised a friend I'd do some revision with the today. She works at a care home most of the time so she hasn't got as much time to donate to revising as she ought to.

Anyway, from student to student: what's your best hangover cure? :biggrin:

(Side note: I have brushed my teeth like 8 times today and they still feel dirty- this happens whenever I'm hungover, anyone else get this?) :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Too late for you now but the trick is 100% to drink lots and lots of non alcoholic drinks after you get home
Or have finished drinking. I find that I can drink a fair amount and feel fine in the morning if I do this but if for some reason I don't manage to it is massively noticeable in the morning that that's what cause it.

If you are unable to do this (in my opinion) the best thing to do.
Something nice to eat eg something fatty or something like pasta. Couple paracetamol or ibuprofen. Drink lots of fluid. Nap for a couple hours.
Reply 2
Drink like 3 pints of water before I got to bed, if that failed due to intoxication, drink 3 pints of water in the morning.

Fryup's work a bit later in the morning, if I can stomach it that is :tongue:

Some of my mates say hair of the dog (drinking again in the morning) works, for me, a BIG nono...lets just say it made a mess..

Above all else sleeping is the best cure though :biggrin:

If you have a headache, take paracetomal.
Bad stomach, try gaviscon (works for me as I sometimes feel really sick after a heavy night)

EDIT: oh and a super cold shower :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Sleeping. In the vain hope of not feeling a thing. Never works :smile:
Just sleep it off :smile:

(probably not helpful for you though)
get back on it with a cheaky early beer, tell yourself your celebrating british success from last night!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
No my teeth usually feel fine. I usually drink lots of water before I go to bed - I usually remember to do this, even when I'm really drunk. If not then I'll usually wake up in the morning, drink lots of water, go back to bed.

Obviously you can't do that now so probably black coffee and paracetamol if you have it.
Reply 7
I was told inhaling pure oxygen was a good cure for hangovers :P
Reply 8
Milk.
Like everyone else has said I dirnk **** loads of water before I go to bed, and then carby food eveyr 2 hours or so, tinned tomatoes on toast is good. However best thing is a glass of lemonade and salt and vinegar crisps because they restore your sugars and salts, honestly miracle worker.

So get a bag of salt and vinegar and a glass of lemonade
Eat loads of chocolate
~Works for me ;-)
I don't get hangovers :smile:
Strawberry milkshake and a bacon sandwich, on white bread with loads of butter, and Test cricket to watch. This has been my day thus far.
Lucozade energy as soon as I wake up. Then about half an hour later I have a bacon sandwich, mug of black coffee and a cigarette.

Has never failed me yet.
I usually drink a few pints of coke before I go home or clubbing to help wash some of the drink away, when I get up I just drink a lot of orange juice.
I love Original Lucozade when I'm hungover. Usually, I just sleep the whole day though and don't eat. Wake up for a few drinks. Don't know if it works because I'm hardly awake :tongue:
Reply 16
Lucozade and a full english breakfast, sorted.
I'm not sure if this helped, but I certainly didn't have a hangover this morning.

Basically, whilst pre-drinking, I still drank a good amount of water alongside drinking alcohol. Then when I ended up back in my room, I placed a jug of water next to my bed and drank a good amount of that. Then I went to sleep, and I didn't have a hangover at all although I was tired (but that could be because I only got a couple of hours of sleep).

I think one of the main causes of a hangover is simply dehydration.

I was up revising the next day :biggrin:
don't stop drinking.

Otherwise - Bacon butty, paracetamol and lucozade.
Reply 19
I generally get reaaally bad hangovers when I go out, and last time I was out I stopped at a friends and woke up feeling really bad.. Her mam came in and suggested that I drink fizzy pop, but not diet, ones with lots of sugar in. So I drank some cloudy lemonade and took two ibuprofens (cause they had no paracetamol) and somehow, miraculously, I felt absolutely fine and my hangover completely dissappeared!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending