The Student Room Group

New GF problem

Ok, so I have met a new girl and we are in a bit of a long distance relationship. She lives 150 miles away. She seems besotted with me, I kind of like her but I have hang ups about this and that.

Long story short, she is introverted and wants kids, I am introverted and want kids. However I have always hated being introverted all the crap social life stuff has always cheesed me off. She is possibly even more introverted than me and has other issues that I won't go into here.

So the thing is if we have kids together it's going to be near 100 percent certain the kids will be introverted and likely quite badly so. I know it's not absolutely certain and genes can jump around and mutate, but I know I am loading up the odds heavily on the poor kid being introverted. Now that's something I wouldn't wish on anyone. So having kids with her is something I am now not so keen on.

The problem is what to do, I want kids but don't want to virtually condemn them to a life of introvercy without a decent chance if not being too badly that way. So I can't see myself going the distance with this girl but I don't want to hurt her feelings as she's a really nice girl.

I know I need to end the relationship with her to avoid the above for the best of all concerned and it pains me, but how best do I go about doing it without hurting her feelings as that's the last thing I want to do?
Reply 1
Just try to go out more often and your introversion will greatly reduce over time. it's not a terminal disease that cannot be treated and gets worse with time. Even so-called terminal diseases have been cured, defeated, with faith
Reply 2
Original post by osasman
Just try to go out more often and your introversion will greatly reduce over time. it's not a terminal disease that cannot be treated and gets worse with time. Even so-called terminal diseases have been cured, defeated, with faith

It's not so much about me and while what you suggests any introvert potentially in eventually helping them a bit end of the day it's never a good scene. Sure there can be one or two upsides but they are usually outweighed by the negatives in my opinion. I just don't want to create the same over again for some poor soul.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so I have met a new girl and we are in a bit of a long distance relationship. She lives 150 miles away. She seems besotted with me, I kind of like her but I have hang ups about this and that.

Long story short, she is introverted and wants kids, I am introverted and want kids. However I have always hated being introverted all the crap social life stuff has always cheesed me off. She is possibly even more introverted than me and has other issues that I won't go into here.

So the thing is if we have kids together it's going to be near 100 percent certain the kids will be introverted and likely quite badly so. I know it's not absolutely certain and genes can jump around and mutate, but I know I am loading up the odds heavily on the poor kid being introverted. Now that's something I wouldn't wish on anyone. So having kids with her is something I am now not so keen on.

The problem is what to do, I want kids but don't want to virtually condemn them to a life of introvercy without a decent chance if not being too badly that way. So I can't see myself going the distance with this girl but I don't want to hurt her feelings as she's a really nice girl.

I know I need to end the relationship with her to avoid the above for the best of all concerned and it pains me, but how best do I go about doing it without hurting her feelings as that's the last thing I want to do?

So dump her then if that is how you feel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending