The Student Room Group

A-Level Grade Boundaries 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EffKayy
i knowwwwwwwww :frown:

At least Psychology looks promising EffKayy; 43 for an A on unit 3 and 54 for an A on unit 4.
Don't forget that even though the grade boundaries are higher.. ): like in chem 5.. The examiners could be more lenient on the mark schemes.. Whereas if they make the boundaries really low, they are more strict on what you have to pit to get the mark because they would have already given us enough of an excuse if we didn't do too well..
GUYS.. is the AQA chem ISA 6T or 6X??
Reply 743
AQA high as a kite :yawn: :woo:
Original post by drewb
Can anyone tell me what an N grade stands for?

Notional, I think
Reply 745
Original post by Aaron_xyz
Does anyone know if the CCEA boundaries are out?

Didn't know anyone actually sat those exams.
Reply 746
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.

6T... You always need higher marks in the ISA compared to the EMPA
Original post by Monkeysuit.
I know :frown: how gutting is that! Ps sorry I didn't mean to neg you, stupid bloody iPod!

Haha,don't worry bout it. Rep on TSR is the least of our worries.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

6T I think.
Reply 749
is psychology aqa overall out of 299 or did i just work that out wrong? :s
Reply 750
So pretty much every grade boundary for my exams is higher than I expected. Stalling pass rates indeed...
Reply 751
Original post by alexissocool
At least Psychology looks promising EffKayy; 43 for an A on unit 3 and 54 for an A on unit 4.

I only did PSYA4, i wanted it to be much lower as i deffo didnt do well in it :frown:

T is ISA
X is EMPA
Reply 753
Bloody AQA grade boundaries! They've made my grades go everywhere. In Chemistry I'm expecting CAD in AS and UAU for A2 haha.

In Human Biology I missed out on B's in my two practicals by 1 mark :frown: So I think I'll get for AS BBC (C being 1 mark away from a B) and A2 might be BC (1 mark away) C.
Reply 754
Original post by 16dan2life
Notional, I think

Lol a phantom grade ^^
Original post by Bubbles94
Don't forget that even though the grade boundaries are higher.. ): like in chem 5.. The examiners could be more lenient on the mark schemes.. Whereas if they make the boundaries really low, they are more strict on what you have to pit to get the mark because they would have already given us enough of an excuse if we didn't do too well..

This is what I'm desperately hoping for
I'm really starting to hate AQA :banghead:
Reply 757
AQA

HISTORY
1B 50/72(69%) for A, 57/72(79%) for 90 UMS, 64/72(89%) for 100 UMS
2P 50/72(69%) for A, 57/72(79%) for 90 UMS, 64/72(89%) for 100 UMS

LAW
Unit 2 - 74/94(78%) A, 83/94(88%) for 90 UMS, 92/94(98%) for 100 UMS

Edexcel

English
Unit 3 + 4 - 148/180(82%) for A, 162/180(90%) for A*, 176/180(98%) for 200 UMS

Economics
Unit 2 - 56/80(70%) for B, 63/80(79%) for A, 70/80(88%) for 90 UMS, 77/80(96%) for 100 UMS

This is more a reference for me so I don't keep checking and working out the grade boundaries, but hopefully it's useful for someone else too.
As is typical, for all my exams the grade boundaries are higher this year than any other year!
Reply 759
Original post by Llewellyn
UMS

oh ok, thank you :smile: so should we convert our scale mark to ums now? is that possible, to convert it to an overall ums mark?

Quick Reply

Latest