The Student Room Group

Music Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by lunlunsharon
Please help!!!!!!!!
I have changed my mind after replying my offers!. I would like to firm Manchester (current insurance choice) and reaccept Royal Holloway as my insurance choice.

Manchester and Royal Holloway have agreed to let me do so. However, Durham (my current firm choice) told me to wait until the UK result day.

I have received a mail from Royal Holloway just now. They said I have to be released from Durham in these 2 days or else they might not reinstate my offer again.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

If it was me I'd probably ring UCAS and see what they have to say about it. I might also write an email to Durham explaining the situation and say to them (without sounding rude obvs :L) that you definitely don't wan to go there and in order to change your choices you need to be released pretty much now. Although I'd ring UCAS first and ask them about that, it may not be the right way to go.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :frown: It's a tricky situation.
Hey :smile:

I was wondering about ACM in Surrey, if anybody has applied, I know that we have to improvise over our chosen track, but I was wondering if you have to do an interview later as well ? If yes :
Will I have to play a piece in front of them ?
Will they ask questions about theory and such ?

I'm wanting to apply for 2013 since I'm still in college, but I will be grade 8 on guitar by the end of that

I really wanna get into that place :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just wanted to say good luck for Thursday everyone! I hope we all get the grades & unis we want :smile:
Original post by blue_star221
Just wanted to say good luck for Thursday everyone! I hope we all get the grades & unis we want :smile:

Deffo! :biggrin: Hope you get the grades for Surrey!! :smile:
Good luck everyone! :awesome: :woo: :rave:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck everyone! :awesome: :woo: :rave:

Thanks TLG! You have been a great PS helper and general knower of all music-y applications things :smile:

PS will there be any room for another music PS helper??
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Thanks TLG! You have been a great PS helper and general knower of all music-y applications things :smile:

PS will there be any room for another music PS helper??

Of course! Once you're at uni, just sign up. I'll probably be your mentor and I'll let you have the statements whilst I take a backseat being the Forum Assistant for Humanities and Arts PSes :yes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course! Once you're at uni, just sign up. I'll probably be your mentor and I'll let you have the statements whilst I take a backseat being the Forum Assistant for Humanities and Arts PSes :yes:

Ahh that sounds great :biggrin:
Best of luck to everyone getting results tomorrow, hope you get into your firms! :biggrin:
Would just like to wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow.
Good luck for today guys! If anyone ends up going to York, feel free to send me a message and ask any questions you may have - I'm more than willing to chat!
Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University (C15) to study Music (W302) has been confirmed

Good luck today everyone!
Original post by schenker
Congratulations! Your place at Cardiff University (C15) to study Music (W302) has been confirmed

Good luck today everyone!

Nice one! Well done :biggrin:
'Congratulations! Your place at University of Surrey (S85) to study Music (3 years) (W300) has been confirmed'

SO EXCITED!!!

I ended up getting AAA so I'm really happy - my Music marks were a bit all over the place (silly OCR) but they evened out at a A, so I can't ask for anything more really!

Got my accommodation address and everything already. Terrifying haha. Well done everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by blue_star221
'Congratulations! Your place at University of Surrey (S85) to study Music (3 years) (W300) has been confirmed'

SO EXCITED!!!

I ended up getting AAA so I'm really happy - my Music marks were a bit all over the place (silly OCR) but they evened out at a A, so I can't ask for anything more really!

Got my accommodation address and everything already. Terrifying haha. Well done everyone! :biggrin:

Well done! :awesome:
Got ABB! B in Music though which was a bit gutting!! Ended up 12 marks away getting a D in the exam and a very low B in performance! Gah!!! Stupid OCR! Getting papers back to see if its work a remark :smile:
Got ABB! B in Music though which was a bit gutting!! Ended up 12 marks away getting a D in the exam and a very low B in performance! Gah!!! Stupid OCR! Getting papers back to see if its work a remark :smile:

Well done on those great grades! I'm glad you're getting a remark though. That's quite shocking about your performance grade. OCR are serious numpties :mob:
ERRRRRRMAAAAGAAAAAAADDDD

I got into Goldsmiths *dances*
Original post by jackf1337
ERRRRRRMAAAAGAAAAAAADDDD

:woo: :party: :yay: :congrats: :awesome:

Well done you! Well chuffed for you! And of course, you're going to one of the best Music departments on the planet! :biggrin:
Original post by jackf1337
ERRRRRRMAAAAGAAAAAAADDDD

Jack that is BRILLIANT!! Well done :biggrin: so pleased for you!

I got an A in performance this year, but then a low B in the exam and a high C in coursework... so it really must've been my AS grades that got me up to a low A :/ agreeing with the fact that OCR are numpties!!!

But still..... no more OCR ever :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest