The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by la-penseur
I'm thinking of heading up on the 7th or 8th too! Are you getting the boat or flying?

mm a dont know yet probs the boat & car to take multiple things over I think. Just got my unconditional this morning :biggrin:. Have you had any emails from Glasgow yet? I've had nothin' yet.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by mmtdevlin
mm a dont know yet probs the boat & car to take multiple things over I think. Just got my unconditional this morning :biggrin:. Have you had any emails from Glasgow yet? I've had nothin' yet.

Yeah same here! We drove over on the boat for the open day and got lost for like 2 hours in Glasgow so hopefully that doesn't happen this time haha. What accommodation did you choose? I've not heard anything from them either :s-smilie:
Yeah same here! We drove over on the boat for the open day and got lost for like 2 hours in Glasgow so hopefully that doesn't happen this time haha. What accommodation did you choose? I've not heard anything from them either :s-smilie:

QM followed by Murano small then Murano large.
QM followed by Murano small then Murano large.

I had QM first too but I had to changed cause it worked out too expensive so now I have Murano large first. I am literally going to know no one when I go it's so scary! :lol:
I am literally going to know no one when I go it's so scary! :lol:

eh .. same but there'll be plenty of chances to meet ppl at freshers. wish someone would organise a meet up theres bound ta be plenty going on their own
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1465
Murano street large :smile: Moving about 300 miles north and absolutely ******* myself :colondollar:
Just got my offer for Murano large flats! Slightly worried about how I'm going to pay for this £400 deposit though..
Murano street :smile: how do you know if it's large or not, small was my first choice so I guess I'm in one of those though it doesn't specify.

Also, I wonder how seriously they take the no blue tac thing. Prioties I know (:redface:) but on the open day they looked quite dull :s :biggrin:
Reply 1468
Original post by Chihiro94
Murano street :smile: how do you know if it's large or not, small was my first choice so I guess I'm in one of those though it doesn't specify.

Mine said "large" so if yours doesn't I assume you're in the small one:smile:

I'm looking forward to live in Murano, looks so funny:biggrin: My mother read some stabbing stories and got worried but I don't care, I just wanna meet new people:rolleyes:

Anyway, when registering at MyCampus they asked me to write my "term" address, what should I put? I don't know in which flat I'll be put!
Original post by pietro93

I'm looking forward to live in Murano, looks so funny:biggrin: My mother read some stabbing stories and got worried but I don't care, I just wanna meet new people:rolleyes:

Anyway, when registering at MyCampus they asked me to write my "term" address, what should I put? I don't know in which flat I'll be put!

There should be a thing that says you don't know your term address yet? That's what I clicked anyway :smile:
Original post by pietro93

My sister went to Glasgow, and gave me a few warning stories about it, but she was at Cairncross. Personaly cannot wait, like you said, it looks fun :biggrin:

Haven't looked at the MyCampus thing properly. Still trying to firgure out fee payment, whether I can do it in installments since ma student finace doesn't look like it'll be paid in time.
My sister went to Glasgow, and gave me a few warning stories about it, but she was at Cairncross. Personaly cannot wait, like you said, it looks fun :biggrin:

Haven't looked at the MyCampus thing properly. Still trying to firgure out fee payment, whether I can do it in installments since ma student finace doesn't look like it'll be paid in time.

Assuming your student finance is from SAAS, then you won't need to do installments. However, you can pay in installments otherwise.
Original post by Norton1
Assuming your student finance is from SAAS, then you won't need to do installments. However, you can pay in installments otherwise.

Is that the same student finance england? (Very) long and boring story short, I only sent away birth certificate away today. I should have enough savings to cover paying in installments and living, but not everything up front at once, and am trying to find out if I get money to pay the tuition fees, or if it's direct.
Is that the same student finance england? (Very) long and boring story short, I only sent away birth certificate away today. I should have enough savings to cover paying in installments and living, but not everything up front at once, and am trying to find out if I get money to pay the tuition fees, or if it's direct.

SFE would pay money direct to the university. They'll set up registration help soon to guide you through the registration process. It'll be in the round reading room. You shouldn't have to pay any money in the interim, so you can keep your savings for living costs.
Original post by Norton1
SFE would pay money direct to the university. They'll set up registration help soon to guide you through the registration process. It'll be in the round reading room. You shouldn't have to pay any money in the interim, so you can keep your savings for living costs.

So even if my application isn't fully finished it'll still be okay? If so cool, this finance malarky has just been one long pain, it'll be good for it to be finally over..well until next year anyway :tongue:
So even if my application isn't fully finished it'll still be okay? If so cool, this finance malarky has just been one long pain, it'll be good for it to be finally over..well until next year anyway :tongue:

They should have something in place, it's not that uncommon for students to be applying now. For example, if they just got a place through clearing or similar.
Original post by Norton1
They should have something in place, it's not that uncommon for students to be applying now. For example, if they just got a place through clearing or similar.

Cool, you have saved quite a bit of stress tonight so thanks :smile: I'm sitting down tomorrow and properly going through everything, and have just found what I think is an appropriate email address, so might get in touch and double check as well, but the clearing thing makes sense :smile:
Reply 1477
I applied for accomodation back in april or something, turned to unconditional after results, still no word regarding accommodation, is this normal?
Original post by joneasy
I applied for accomodation back in april or something, turned to unconditional after results, still no word regarding accommodation, is this normal?

Same. Expect it'll come in the next week though. I may ring on monday just out of curiosity to see if theyll tell me over the phone where I've been put.
(edited 11 years ago)
Same. Expect it'll come in the next week though. I may ring on monday just out of curiosity to see if theyll tell me over the phone where I've been put.

I thought you could only apply for accommodation if you were sure you were going? Maybe I'm wrong, sorry.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending