The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Sidings Falmouth Student Accommodation

Hey guys,
Was wondering if there's parking or if there's parking near by? Also what you need to get parking and if there parking at penryn campus? Thanks
Hello

The Sidings (along with Glasney Student Village), does not have any allocated parking for residents. The only parking available is for those with blue badges and very limited. However The sidings is on both the main bus and trainline which means you have easy access to places around Cornwall in your first year. In second year, parking will depend on where you live in Falmouth/Penryn - and parking on campus (if commuting from Falmouth/Penryn) is limited to Pay and display.

Full details of car parking can be found here:
https://fxplus.ac.uk/campus-navigation/travel-and-transport/driving-and-parking/#:~:text=Staff%20and%20students%20may%20be,campus%2C%20particularly%20at%20busy%20times.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
My daughter is hoping to drive from Glasgow with all her belongings to start Uni at Penryn this autumn. Are there any options for car parking anywhere near to Glasney or Sidings? I don't think she would be able to bring everything by train.
Reply 3
Original post by Allmostemptynest
My daughter is hoping to drive from Glasgow with all her belongings to start Uni at Penryn this autumn. Are there any options for car parking anywhere near to Glasney or Sidings? I don't think she would be able to bring everything by train.

off topic but what’s you’re daughter studying at falmouth? im from dundee and struggled to find other people from scotland aha
Original post by ttttt!!
off topic but what’s you’re daughter studying at falmouth? im from dundee and struggled to find other people from scotland aha

Ecology with Cons Bio, what are you planning on studying?
Reply 5
Hi! I am trying to firm my accommodation for today as the deadline is tomorrow, however i accidentally put in the wrong age left it as 2023, and now it’s being reviewed and i’m worried i wont be able to finish my application by the time i need to to get my accommodation, anyone know anything like how long will take or anything i can do please- i have tried calling but not answer - Amelia Aldridge
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by ttttt!!

Hi there. As a Uni of Dundee alumni and having lived in different places all over the UK, I now find myself living in Cornwall and working for University of Exeter based at the Penryn Campus. Over the years I've enjoyed a lot of travel up and down the country visiting friends I made during my time at University so I'm no stranger to carting my stuff around, and probably a lot of it ultimately unnecessary.

The Sidings website FAQ's confirms that you should book a moving in slot so that hopefully you can use the drop off bays. If not the Penryn Train Station car park is directly alongside (charges will apply).

Arrivals information will also be provided for those living at Glasney Village. Access roads are restricted around the student accommodation here so the Accomodation team will manage the timings so that you can unload comfortably upon arrival.

When you arrive on Campus as a student for the first time everything is going to feel very new and perhaps a bit daunting but there will be plenty of support on campus to get you oriented and ready to settle in before you start studying. Just keep a close eye on your emails for the all important instructions in the run up to Welcome Week.

Chris
Student Recruitment Operations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending