3 Woodhead Way
SHEFFIELD S10 3AX

;-;

;A;... but it's just next door at least
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 621
Is it next door? I'm getting confused by these letters and numbers...
we'll still have to meet, and probably all meet up to go to classes anyways because we're close?
Reply 622
writing my personal statement now for 2013 entry; grr this is such a bitch to write OTL
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 623
Original post by taeace
Is it next door? I'm getting confused by these letters and numbers...
we'll still have to meet, and probably all meet up to go to classes anyways because we're close?

I think it's done in floor number and two apartments per floor so I think it's A and B on one floor and then C and D and then E and F or something. Apparently some appartments start at floor 3 too. ;A; it's confusing, but yeah, we will all have to meet to go to classes. We're planning to have a little party for Yoshi on his birthday too :3 so we need to sort something out and somewhere to meet on that day hehe.

Original post by vabbian
writing my personal statement not for 2013 entry; grr this is such a bitch to write OTL

Yeah, personal statements are a bitch OTL. Good luck!
Original post by taeace
woah that is typical...

Flat E4
Kinder Apartments
3 Woodhead Way
SHEFFIELD S10 3AX

;-;

Well at least it' still Kinder Apartments, I think you'll be just the floor below.

Also, I've seen some of you mention Student Bank Accounts. What's the difference between them and just the normal kind of one?
Reply 625
Original post by ZombieYoshi
Well at least it' still Kinder Apartments, I think you'll be just the floor below.

Also, I've seen some of you mention Student Bank Accounts. What's the difference between them and just the normal kind of one?

my dad's opening me a bank account with the co-op because it has the best student deal: a really high overdraft {or the highest there is}
Reply 626
Natwest has a good student bank account too, the overdraft increases yearly and you get a discount railcard thingy :smile:
Reply 627
Original post by Roxas
Natwest has a good student bank account too, the overdraft increases yearly and you get a discount railcard thingy :smile:

You only get the rail card if you were with natwest before opening a student account. It's a real pain, I was going to change my account to them but when I saw this...

Student accounts have better overdraft rates, some have random perks, some come with student credit cards that have like £500 limits on them and low interest, etc etc. I'm changing my HSBC account to a student account on monday no wI have my UCAS letter. ^^
Well I already have a Natwest card so I suppose I'll probably just go for them since I'm already with them.
Reply 629
=/ think I'm gonna have a major issue

first rent payment is like £1.8k
First loan payment is 1.1k

and noone will answer when I actually get the bursary from the uni or if I have to apply for it or what and I need to have that money to make sure I can eat and pay the rest of my rent... it's annoying. All my rent payments are like £400 short of the loan I get for that term...

don't see why they can't just give you your whole loan at once so I could just pay all I could off the rent so I don't need to worry about it.... urgh. Even with the uni bursary I'll be living on £5 a week... guess people won't be getting xmas presents this year ._.
Just looked at mine too and although it's not nearly as bad my first loan is £61 less than my first rent... this could be problematic... Unless the first payment it gives on the contract also includes the deposit and Communities Distribution.
Reply 631
Original post by buthoney
=/ think I'm gonna have a major issue

first rent payment is like £1.8k
First loan payment is 1.1k

Wait, am I reading this right? Your first rent payment is £1,800?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 632
Original post by 0w3n-69
Wait, am I reading this right? Your first rent payment is £1,800?!

Over. It's like £1,820.

Student finance wales give it in really weird amounts, and then the bursary from the uni is given at the end of october and feb, which -should- be £700 each time, but knowing my luck they will give it in weird amounts again.

Luckily, HSBC's student account has fee-free overdraft up to £3k, we're gonna get them to put it to £1k then I should be fine and have about £40 a week, which I won't need but it's there. Yay for overdrafts, sigh.

Imo, it's easier if they give you all your loan at the beginning. Then you can just pay all of your rent, and if people are silly enough to go and waste the rest on going out, rather than budgeting and saving it... well, then it's their own fault =/, sigh, oh well... crisis averted at least. Still caused a lot of headache though.
Reply 633
I did like a massive mathsy (I hate maths) workout with the loans and rent... so I'm guessing that besides the loan that is paid for the accommodation, I'll need about 3k

hmm:K::K::K::K:
Reply 634
Original post by taeace
I did like a massive mathsy (I hate maths) workout with the loans and rent... so I'm guessing that besides the loan that is paid for the accommodation, I'll need about 3k

hmm:K::K::K::K:

Do you qualify for the bursary from the uni? It's an extra 1.4k if you get the full amount >_<
Reply 635
I don't think I do ;a;
Reply 636
Original post by vabbian
writing my personal statement now for 2013 entry; grr this is such a bitch to write OTL

Aw, if you need any help with your personal statement or something feel free to pm me. Starting it off is always a bitch.

And yeah I didn't realise how much I would need to budget this year :eek:. What I find even more strange is how I get most of my loan money at the end of the year and my rent is the cheapest at the end of the year. Yet, at the beginning of the year, my rent is most expensive and my loan barely covers for it. Sense, this does not make.
Reply 637
I was planning on probably getting a weekend job, and doing 4 hours on a sat and 4 on a sunday or something. Gives me an extra £50 a week, which will put me at £90 a week, which means I will also have money for myself and to be able to go out and stuff.

I don't know where to get you an extra 3k now,a part from lottery D: haha, or talking to the bank and getting a large overdraft with no fees but today hsbc told me they could only go to 750, I can't get the full 1k yet, even t hough I've banked with them for YEARS.
Reply 638
my dad and my mum want me home every weekend for the time being XD because they'll 'miss me so much', buut I am going to budget definitely. Shouldn't be too hard... |: plus i'm going to be studying
Reply 639
Original post by taeace
my dad and my mum want me home every weekend for the time being XD because they'll 'miss me so much', buut I am going to budget definitely. Shouldn't be too hard... |: plus i'm going to be studying

XD I plan on studying in the evenin or whenever. Ima see how the timetable and everything looks before I decide for sure.

Home every weekend? O_O haha. Mom wants me home for christmas, but I don't wanna come home 'cause I think her boyfriend is going to move in, and I don't want to spend xmas with him... XD we're all so alike with our likes, but our families are completely different XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending