The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Enrolling for Maths 1X &1Y

Hey folks,

Is anyone who is trying to enrol for Maths 1X & 1Y in MyGlasgow getting an error message that they don't meet the course prerequisite (A in higher maths and B in adv maths). I have the grades necessary to enrol for the course but I don't think they are saved onto my MyGlasgow profile and I'm not sure how to work around this. Has anyone else enrolling for these courses experienced this and what did you do about it?

Thanks,
Stephen
Reply 1
Think best bet would be to contact your adviser. All of us doing physics are doing 1R+S.

Edit: I did recieve the same message when i tried to enroll for them though.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I had that same problem, I logged a support request (MyGlasgow home page, under "Help and Support") explaining the situation; I was able to enroll for Maths 1X and 1Y it once I got the response.
Reply 3
I've contacted the Maths department and they have allowed me to enrol for Maths 1R and 1S. As I'm not an UK student, I'd have to go pass an interview of some sort to get to 1X and 1Y, but if you are an UK national, you shouldn't have a problem with enrolling. :smile:

Out of curiosity, why did you prefer 1X and 1Y before 1R and 1S?
Reply 4
Original post by Land of Nod

Out of curiosity, why did you prefer 1X and 1Y before 1R and 1S?

1X & 1Y are for students that have already studied maths at advanced higher level, 1S & 1R seem to be focussed more on the sort of stuff I have already studied at adv higher. So instead of having to re-learn some of the course they designed an extra option for people in my position which i expect will be a more complex and descriptive version of 1S & 1R.

And thanks folks, I've sent a ticket off to the IT department and contacted my advisor, should get it resolved tomorrow when the staff are back. :smile:
Don't do Maths 1X and 1Y!!!

Well 1Y was okay actually, but the lecturer for 1X is the worst ever - nobody liked him and he's so sarcastic and nasty. And it is quite hard. According to my friend who did the resit, half the class were sitting the resit. But if you want to do it, just work for it constantly.
Contact them and you will be able to enrol then. Apart from that you better start to getting used to talks like "I will show you how to get from A to D but in all respect, I do not really need to show you C and D since the majority of the student will get stuck in B anyway".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending