The Student Room Group

Should I do 3 A levels instead of BTEC Computing National*Extended Diploma Level 3?

basically, I enrolled myself in sixth form, and they offered me two business and math resits due to math, so I got grade 3 in GCSEs.
and I don't want this because I wanted to do computer science A levels, IT: Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, and core math, and I had to add one more course because core math is one year, so I added product design. I can't do any of that because of my math grade. I got English 4, by the way.
So then I found out about this college that offers Computing National*Extended Diploma Level 3 (BTEC) that is equivalent to 3 A levels when I finish studying it for 2 years, and I don't know what to do. I hear that when I'm applying to apprenticeships, they will need more UCAS and A-level math to do a degree apprenticeship.
I ended up enrolling in both colleges, and now I need to make my choice in 2 days: either resit math the first year and spend another 2 years doing A levels, or do BTEC computing level 3.
Please, I need an answer as soon as possible.
Original post by CJ222
basically, I enrolled myself in sixth form, and they offered me two business and math resits due to math, so I got grade 3 in GCSEs.
and I don't want this because I wanted to do computer science A levels, IT: Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma, and core math, and I had to add one more course because core math is one year, so I added product design. I can't do any of that because of my math grade. I got English 4, by the way.
So then I found out about this college that offers Computing National*Extended Diploma Level 3 (BTEC) that is equivalent to 3 A levels when I finish studying it for 2 years, and I don't know what to do. I hear that when I'm applying to apprenticeships, they will need more UCAS and A-level math to do a degree apprenticeship.
I ended up enrolling in both colleges, and now I need to make my choice in 2 days: either resit math the first year and spend another 2 years doing A levels, or do BTEC computing level 3.
Please, I need an answer as soon as possible.

Quick answer; The BTEC Ext Dip is equivalent in UCAS points to 3 A levels. Some colleges will also expect at least a 4 in Maths and English, so if this one will take you with a 3 I would say go for it (you will probably need to redo Maths alongside).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending