The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change my A level subjects

Hi all I was just wondering if its too late to change my A level subjects. I picked Psychology but after doing my summer work and 2 lessons of it I realised that I find the subject very boring & prefer maths, the teachers I talked to at the opening days said that I could change my A level subjects in the first 2 weeks but now my tutor (the one I have to go to) is saying that after enrollment subjects cannot be changed. I asked my tutor to check if there's maths spaces available and she didn't even bother to check she straight up said no. Is my school allowed to do this?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by 234532dsd32
Hi all I was just wondering if its too late to change my A level subjects. I picked Psychology but after doing my summer work and 2 lessons of it I realised that I find the subject very boring & prefer maths, the teachers I talked to at the opening days said that I could change my A level subjects in the first 2 weeks but now my tutor (the one I have to go to) is saying that after enrollment subjects cannot be changed. I asked my tutor to check if there's maths spaces available and she didn't even bother to check she straight up said no. Is my school allowed to do this?

Email every other sixth form teacher, email the head teacher. Your open day didnt lie - it is just your specific tutor. It said 2 weeks to change, and your tutor didn't even bother to check. In my school, you had till September if you wanted to change A Levels - the only limitation was time clashes with other subjects - for example, moving to the other biology group class to join any maths class
(edited 7 months ago)
Double check that with other teachers. You should be allowed to swap regardless of if you enrolled or not, plenty of people at my college picked enrolment subjects and have been able to switch.

Quick Reply

Latest