The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath accommodation thread 2012-2013. Poll included (woodland added)!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tjboo
Well, serious cock up on my accommodation. I apply for Westwood on April 26th. Allocated a room finally on September 14th and accept the contract the same day. Was allocated Westwood Mendip M3.25. I started adding and talking to people in Mendip near me. I spoke to one girl who said that she had applied and was told she was on M3 but didn't know what room yet. I then go on the facebook page today and see that the same girl (who is a nice person just to clarify) says she has finally got her accommodation sorted and she is M3.25. I check my email and this morning I was told that I'd had my contract withdrawn as the room I was allocated was not available and that I had received a new contract for Westwood Wolfson L1.07. It's not a huge problem, but it's frustrating when I know a fair few people in Mendip now and when I had accepted the contract...

Wouldn't worry about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Anyone near Woodland W1E1.03?
Original post by tjboo
Well, serious cock up on my accommodation. I apply for Westwood on April 26th. Allocated a room finally on September 14th and accept the contract the same day. Was allocated Westwood Mendip M3.25. I started adding and talking to people in Mendip near me. I spoke to one girl who said that she had applied and was told she was on M3 but didn't know what room yet. I then go on the facebook page today and see that the same girl (who is a nice person just to clarify) says she has finally got her accommodation sorted and she is M3.25. I check my email and this morning I was told that I'd had my contract withdrawn as the room I was allocated was not available and that I had received a new contract for Westwood Wolfson L1.07. It's not a huge problem, but it's frustrating when I know a fair few people in Mendip now and when I had accepted the contract...

Hey! I'm in Wolfson L1.02

Reply 943
I've just arrived in Bath :biggrin:
Staying at Bailbrook House right now, and can't wait until I can move into Marlborough and meet you all! :smile:
Original post by stifa
I've just arrived in Bath :biggrin:
Staying at Bailbrook House right now, and can't wait until I can move into Marlborough and meet you all! :smile:

Can't wait!!! :biggrin:

Pretty much everything's packed, so I just spend all day on my iPad on the internet. I've repacked my books several times just to give me something to do :laugh:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Can't wait!!! :biggrin:

Pretty much everything's packed, so I just spend all day on my iPad on the internet. I've repacked my books several times just to give me something to do :laugh:

I, on the other hand, have not started packing yet! Uh oh
Reply 946
I did nearly all my packing during the last few hours before I left home..

Edit: This is the third time I'm in the UK and even this time I managed to forget aboit your funny wall sockets...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by awayinmyhead
I, on the other hand, have not started packing yet! Uh oh

I've had my uni lists since January exams :laugh: :tongue:
Reply 948
a question for anyone who applied to bath this year, mostly people who applied to woodland/mar/sol

for those of you who got the accommodation you wanted, when did you apply for it? same question for those who didnt get the one they wanted

and if you didnt get the one you wanted, where were you put? did you move "one step down" or???

im just wondering if it first come first served [i heard that it was] and i want to know if everyone who applied early got what they wanted

i am asking because i want to apply to mar/sol next year, but i am not sure if i should just apply early to marl/sol or apply to woodland and then get "moved down"??

thanks
Original post by poyyo
a question for anyone who applied to bath this year, mostly people who applied to woodland/mar/sol

for those of you who got the accommodation you wanted, when did you apply for it? same question for those who didnt get the one they wanted

and if you didnt get the one you wanted, where were you put? did you move "one step down" or???

im just wondering if it first come first served [i heard that it was] and i want to know if everyone who applied early got what they wanted

i am asking because i want to apply to mar/sol next year, but i am not sure if i should just apply early to marl/sol or apply to woodland and then get "moved down"??

thanks

Just apply early. That's what I did. Marl/Sols is probably the best choice but it's still expensive. Don't go for woodland, it's ridiculously expensive and apparently pretty boring. I applied the day the applications were allowed in and got it, just do that. If you can't get that then Eastwood is probably the next best option, it's really nice there too and less expensive.
Reply 950
Original post by Dr. Bassman
Just apply early. That's what I did. Marl/Sols is probably the best choice but it's still expensive. Don't go for woodland, it's ridiculously expensive and apparently pretty boring. I applied the day the applications were allowed in and got it, just do that. If you can't get that then Eastwood is probably the next best option, it's really nice there too and less expensive.

thanks! yeah i'm going to do that and apply for mar/sol on the first day [i did that last time and am reapplying this year]

i'm still wondering if the allocation is first come first served or random
Reply 951
Original post by poyyo
thanks! yeah i'm going to do that and apply for mar/sol on the first day [i did that last time and am reapplying this year]

i'm still wondering if the allocation is first come first served or random

It seems to be first come, first served but if you've got unconditional offers, you will be allocated accommodation before the others.
Original post by poyyo

thanks

I applied like half an hour after the portal opened for marborough/solsbury but i got allocated westwood. I heard they allocate your rooms depending on when your offer was confirmed and cos my department were one of the last to confirm our offers because of some technical error or something i was 'moved down' when i emailed them asking why i didnt get marlborough/solsbury they they said it was because it was oversubscribed but they've allocated me somewhere which has the next best person to shower ratio lol
Reply 953
Original post by Bantersaurus Rexx
I applied like half an hour after the portal opened for marborough/solsbury but i got allocated westwood. I heard they allocate your rooms depending on when your offer was confirmed and cos my department were one of the last to confirm our offers because of some technical error or something i was 'moved down' when i emailed them asking why i didnt get marlborough/solsbury they they said it was because it was oversubscribed but they've allocated me somewhere which has the next best person to shower ratio lol

oh i had no idea about this

so are the rooms allocated when you get your conditional offer or when you actually FIRM your offer?

and when was your offer confirmed? and which department was this?

ahaha sorry for all these questions i'm just really set on getting a mar/sol room

and thanks for this info!
Original post by poyyo
oh i had no idea about this

so are the rooms allocated when you get your conditional offer or when you actually FIRM your offer?

and when was your offer confirmed? and which department was this?

ahaha sorry for all these questions i'm just really set on getting a mar/sol room

and thanks for this info!

PoLIS (Politics, Languages and International Studies)
And you can only apply for the rooms after you firm the offer, and applications open in April. Rooms are allocated after your offer becomes unconditional
Reply 955
Original post by RibenaRockstar
PoLIS (Politics, Languages and International Studies)
And you can only apply for the rooms after you firm the offer, and applications open in April. Rooms are allocated after your offer becomes unconditional

ah ok, so if i were to firm bath after march results day, would that be too late to get a mar/sol room when/if my offer becomes unconditional? [assuming i apply for accomadation on the first day]
For the record, I left my room in Solsbury almost a fortnight ago - so if anyone was interested in moving to Solsbury, perhaps there's still a free room in SC5.
Original post by Rhysuzaki
For the record, I left my room in Solsbury almost a fortnight ago - so if anyone was interested in moving to Solsbury, perhaps there's still a free room in SC5.

Why did you leave!?

Interruption to the water supply for Marl, Sols, Esther Parkin, some Eastwood tomorrow. Oh yay.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Interruption to the water supply for Marl, Sols, Esther Parkin, some Eastwood tomorrow. Oh yay.

Trolololol.

Quick Reply

Latest