The Student Room Group

India Rep - Election Q&A

It's now time to decide the new rep for India in the Security Council.

There will be two days of Q&A and a few extra days of voting due to Christmas.

Make sure you ask plenty of questions!

Cheese_MonsterHi guys, my real name is Sheldon (I should earn votes from Big Bang Theory fans) and I would say my greatest facet is my level of activity in the MUN. As the representative for Belarus, I’ve demonstrated that I have a sense of humour , a willingness to engage other users in debate and a strong thirst for geo-political knowledge. When I first started to represent Belarus, I had no idea about the workings of the MUN, after thorough research, I’d like to think I’m slightly more learned and I would emulate this wholeheartedly given the opportunity to do so with India.

I believe I’ve represented Belarus accurately (most of the time) and would do the same for India. Above all, my activity in the MUN would be an asset to the Security Council who are often seen as segregated from other ordinary members of the General Assembly. I have a personal desire to represent India with familial links and a love interest :wink: , which would help me better understand their politics through thorough research and consequential debate in the MUN.

If you want a rep for India who is active, down-to-Earth whilst professional, vote Cheese_Monster

PierceBrosnan
The Republic of India

India is a nation that will soon be a major world power in our globalised world. From the tea we drink to the cotton our clothes are made out of India played its part. India has been a significant nation from Indus valley trading to Gandhi's civil disobedience. I have represented both Switzerland and Jordan to what I believe is a high standard and therefore I feel I am ready for a position on the Security Council.

If you vote for me you will vote for...

- Someone who has had experience in MUN

- Someone who is knowledgeable in the history of India.

- Someone who is active within MUN

- Someone who knows what they are doing

- Someone who is half Indian :cool: .

If you want an active Indian representative with experience and knowledge. Vote PierceBrosnan!

I wish my opponent(s) the best of luck.

RON

PierceBrosnan
Good luck

Cheese_Monster
Good luck
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

First I would like to say a good luck to my most distinguished opponent Cheese_Monster. May the best man win.

Oh, did I tell you that I'm the Pretty Prince of Parties? :cool:

Original post by PierceBrosnan
First I would like to say a good luck to my most distinguished opponent Cheese_Monster. May the best man win.

Oh, did I tell you that I'm the Pretty Prince of Parties? :cool:

With the danger of kissing your arse, I really wouldn't mind defeat here, you're just as active as me :tongue:
Original post by Cheese_Monster
With the danger of kissing your arse, I really wouldn't mind defeat here, you're just as active as me :tongue:

Even so, you've got a really high chance of getting this position seeing as you are that bit more active. You said in your manifesto you've got familial links to India. I'm curious to know more :smile:.
Even so, you've got a really high chance of getting this position seeing as you are that bit more active. You said in your manifesto you've got familial links to India. I'm curious to know more :smile:.

My grandfather was Indian. He was from Mumbai interestingly. I've always neglected my Indian family history for my Irish family history, so I thought this chance would allow me to actually do some proper research! One of my close friends recently came back from India where she was on a six month exhibition which stimulated my interest a bit more. How about you?
My grandfather was Indian. He was from Mumbai interestingly. I've always neglected my Indian family history for my Irish family history, so I thought this chance would allow me to actually do some proper research! One of my close friends recently came back from India where she was on a six month exhibition which stimulated my interest a bit more. How about you?

Wait wait wait wait wait. You're Irish and Indian? Holy damn I am too. Do you know which part of Ireland your family hails from?

I wasn't expecting this....

In answer to your essential question I'm half Irish and half Indian. Mum's Irish hails from Galway. Dad's Indian hails from Shinyanga in Tanzania. However, we are Gujarati so I assume we hail from somewhere around there. Shamefully I can't pinpoint a precise location.
(edited 11 years ago)
Wait wait wait wait wait. You're Irish and Indian? Holy damn I am too. Do you know which part of Ireland your family hails from?

I wasn't expecting this....

In answer to your essential question I'm half Irish and half Indian. Mum's Irish hails from Galway. Dad's Indian hails from Shinyanga in Tanzania. However, we are Gujarati so I assume we hail from somewhere around there. Shamefully I can't pinpoint a precise location.

So we're essentially the same person? Haha. Yeah my father and his side of the family are from Cork and Kilworth in Eire, I've never been to Galway!

That's not shameful, its hard to trace ancestry a lot of the time. Anyway, its good to know there is a fellow Celtic-Indian applying haha, however, I have to disagree with your choice of username, you should make a new account 'Danielcraig'. :wink:
So we're essentially the same person? Haha. Yeah my father and his side of the family are from Cork and Kilworth in Eire, I've never been to Galway!

That's not shameful, its hard to trace ancestry a lot of the time. Anyway, its good to know there is a fellow Celtic-Indian applying haha, however, I have to disagree with your choice of username, you should make a new account 'Danielcraig'. :wink:

Change my username? :eek: I'm surprised nobody else has commented thus far.
Change my username? :eek: I'm surprised nobody else has commented thus far.

Aye, Daniel Craig is the ultimate James Bond. I can't take Pierce Brosnan seriously since Mamma Mia and Mrs Doubtfire :wink:

Chronic inactivity affects elections too I guess.
Aye, Daniel Craig is the ultimate James Bond. I can't take Pierce Brosnan seriously since Mamma Mia and Mrs Doubtfire :wink:

Chronic inactivity affects elections too I guess.

Each to their own I guess. :smile:. I hope to at least beat my record of three votes which I got for the UK rep elections :P.
Each to their own I guess. :smile:. I hope to at least beat my record of three votes which I got for the UK rep elections :P.

How many people stood in that election?
How many people stood in that election?

Three people. Myself, RoryS and Cl_Steele

cl_steele won.
Three people. Myself, RoryS and Cl_Steele

cl_steele won.

Were there many voters?
Were there many voters?

After trawling my very messy "Watched Threads" page. The votes were as follows.

Rory S - 6

PierceBrosnan - 3

cl_steele - 8

RON - 2

19 people voted all together. So I'd say quite a few people did, but of course the numbers need to be higher.
Reply 14
Good Luck to both of you, 2 brilliant people

Pierce, which position would you give up if elected?
Original post by Morgsie

Cheers Morgsie :smile:

Pierce would never give up Switzerland, its his baby!
After trawling my very messy "Watched Threads" page. The votes were as follows.

Rory S - 6

PierceBrosnan - 3

cl_steele - 8

RON - 2

19 people voted all together. So I'd say quite a few people did, but of course the numbers need to be higher.

Haha cheers for the effort, how long ago was this election? Yeah they absolutely do.
Original post by Morgsie

Excellent question Morgsie. If I were elected I would give up my position as the Jordanian Representative. I really like Jordan as an Arab nation and it is very interesting, however Switzerland was and still is special to me and therefore it shall remain as my secondary position.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Thanks, phew. Your like me with your passion and commitment.

Both of you are determined, passionate, dedicated etc. If you had the power to reform the Membership of the SC, would you choose?

Did an essay on UNSC Reform
Cheers Morgsie :smile:

Pierce would never give up Switzerland, its his baby!

Oh I do love my Armed Banking, Sexy Chocolate and Direct Democracy :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending