The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Revise for it anyway. I just read it from the top of the page.

My favourite is the one we did as a practice for a Water Aid leaflet. I think it was persuade.

I blew that **** away:biggrin:
We never did any Q5 and Q6 revision, just 20 mins going through it lol.
Mainly fouced on reading side seeing last years 10% or higer of foundation got a big fat 0 on the question 4.
BTW I am doing higher lol, Anyone doing foundation?
Reply 42
i am
need help
Does anyone know if you need to do inferences (make links and find implications) in question 1? Because my teacher says that we do have to, but i have very little faith in him sadly. Also would it be a bad idea to comment on colour or boldness in question 2 for the headline? Thanks in advance :smile:
I hope the SOURCES are not boring and dead. There are some questions which I would love to do which have come up in the past.
Like Q6 2 years ago, Arguing for or against extreme sports. I would ace that without even having think about it :s-smilie:
Just hope we don't get a weird question!
PREDICTIONS ON SECTION B QUESTIONS ANYONE?
Article formats have come up for all of the past exams on this specification.

Q5 - Predictions?
Q6 - Argue or Persuade?
I'm hoping for a letter format and an argument!
Going to revise hardcore after my science exam tomorrow.
Reply 46
Original post by cleveradam
PREDICTIONS ON SECTION B QUESTIONS ANYONE?
Article formats have come up for all of the past exams on this specification.

Q5 - Predictions?
Q6 - Argue or Persuade?
I'm hoping for a letter format and an argument!
Going to revise hardcore after my science exam tomorrow.

Me too Letter and argument, however i've heard from Mr Bruffs latest Q&A video they have stopped the describing an event type questions :redface:
^someone said they stopped informing type and you're saying describing?
I'm confused...
Original post by Jatz07
exam tomorrow! Any last tips???

Writing to explain is waffling me...
could someone post an exemplar a* piece of work, please

jatz

Look back a page, I think someone posted something that their teachers had given them containing a whole loads of examples.

Do not stress, remeber to read the question and FOCUS on what it's asking, and try to make a point not much others will.

I am taking this as well, so good luck from all, hoping to repost my result and see everyone else's in this thread too :smile:.
Hope every deserving does well! I'm very scared now :frown:
Reply 50
How can I revise??
In the reading paper are the first three questions needing to be answered point and evidence and the last point evidence and explain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Nicsi
How can I revise??
In the reading paper are the first three questions needing to be answered point and evidence and the last point evidence and explain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To revise: re-read through your notes and practice exam questions, this will help you with your timing.

The question on layout/presentation does not need PEE, although you do need to use evidence (e.g 'bold text' ) to back up your point!
Reply 52
How many paragraphs do we write for Q4?
Reply 53
Good Luck Everybody! Just Keep Calm and use what you know. Remember, all you can ever do is your best. So go in, and give everything you've got and you will be fine. :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Jatz07
I would usually do 6 paragraphs, but ONLY IF I HAVE TIME <--- I put cap locks so it's emphasized lol...

But, make sure they're short, detailed and perceptive include effect on reader consistently...

intro, 1st para, 2nd para, 3rd, para, 4th para, conclude

Thank You very much :smile:
I am about to do a praticse question of 5 and 6, lol try and see how good you are :smile:.
Aim for Ace. Remember that ALL YOUR SCHOOL ENGLISH for over 10 years was for THIS.
The frozen frosty mornings where you parents took you to school when you were 5 :smile:.
This is 40%, 1 hours= 20% of all English language. What you have learning comes down to THIS.
Honestly too to cram so just go over what you know; quickly learn what you haven't. Good luck.
Yeah this time issue is pretty much going to be make or break for this exam!!!
I suppose I won't be able to right to the max for all of the questions If I am to finish the paper.
Reply 57
I agree with the previous posts, timing - arghh! I am so conscious of the time I rush my answers and then the quality is not as good :frown:. I am feeling confident about the reading section though, as long as my timing goes alright. The writing section however, urm that's a different story!!
Reply 58
GUYS I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION

The exam is 2hour 15minutes, is the 15 minutes reading time?? Or can you begin straight away?

Thanks
Original post by Ammy97
GUYS I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION

The exam is 2hour 15minutes, is the 15 minutes reading time?? Or can you begin straight away?

Thanks

The 15 minutes is intended as reading time, but you can use it however you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending