The Student Room Group

21 and have never done anything with a guy...

I'm a 21 year old female university student who's never doneanything with a guy, and I'm tired of being alone. I've never been on a date, kissed or even held hands with someone. My lack of experience gets me down sometimes, but my major problem is that I feel incredibly lonely. My standards aren't particularly high, I just want someone to cuddle with, who I find attractive and get along with. Why is that so hard to find? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am like that too :/ that's where alcohol and night clubs come in!
Reply 2
Just relax into it 'a watched kettle NEVER boils'
Reply 3
try online dating
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 21 year old female university student who's never doneanything with a guy, and I'm tired of being alone. I've never been on a date, kissed or even held hands with someone. My lack of experience gets me down sometimes, but my major problem is that I feel incredibly lonely. My standards aren't particularly high, I just want someone to cuddle with, who I find attractive and get along with. Why is that so hard to find? :frown:

Why do you feel like at 21 you should've done these things. I'm a 21 year old female and I've never done anything with a guy either but I don't let it determine my hapiness. I am not going to lie and say there haven't been times were I've thought the same as you though.

But you shouldn't feel that life has a tickbox.

I think partly the reason why you feel lonely is because you tell yourself that you are or that you let others/society standards determine what you should've done by now or what classifies you as lonely.

I think you should keep high standards for yourself so that when you do find him everything will be that much sweeter and that the first guy you get to experience life with isn't just some randomer because you felt that you had to do stuff.

Be comfortable with yourself and be no one else other than the beautiful woman that God created you to be! That cute guy who will make it his life's mission to make you happy and give you all the cuddles you want will find you soon enough. Just be patient and focus on you! :smile:
There are others in your situation or similar, myself included.
The loneliness is a real bummer, something you can't overcome until you find what your looking for or at least something to temporarily fill the void.
I know that feel girl. Hard to be happy when your lonely.

Just remember that first impressions and initial attraction isn't the end all and be all, try to give something a chance you may have thought wouldn't work.
You may get a nice surprise, I certainly did.
Original post by Tim99
Just relax into it 'a watched kettle NEVER boils'

Pretty sure it still boils.
Not to mention looking for a relation does nothing but increase the chance of finding the person, contrary to common belief
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7

I'm 21 too and have never done anything with a girl, you should let me take you out on a date? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound desperate, I'm not sure why you're having issues. Either you're REALLY REALLY REALLY ugly, or... you're REALLY REALLY ugly, even then there would still be guys lining...

My guess is your not social enough.

I know exactly how you feel, I'm 21 too and never had a girlfriend. I don't care about what society or anyone says, but being lonely and lacking this emotional security is horrible. I'm afraid I don't have any advice since I'm pretty much stuck in the same situation.
lacking this emotional security is horrible.

What do you mean?
Original post by + polarity -
What do you mean?

The knowledge that someone you like cares about you deeply and who you can talk to about everything. This is at least what I think a healthy relationship is about, can't tell of course since I have never experienced one. I'm in a similar situation as the OP and the feeling of lonliness started to affect everything, pulling me down extremely and I find it incredibly hard to focus on my studies.
I'm exactly the same OP.

Men are a mystery. :moon:
Original post by Anthony.BF
You sound desperate, I'm not sure why you're having issues. Either you're REALLY REALLY REALLY ugly, or... you're REALLY REALLY ugly, even then there would still be guys lining...

I really hate it when people label others as desperate.

Just because they want to be in a relationship, it doesn't make them desperate.

Being desperate = asking out every member of the opposite sex that you come across and being overly clingy.
I am one of the few people here who genuinely doesn't care if single or not?
Original post by mikeyd85
I am one of the few people here who genuinely doesn't care if single or not?

truss, some people make such a big deal about being in a relationship, why though?
Reply 16
Original post by Anthony.BF

Maybe you should try plastic surgery tho. They say its cheaper in Asian countries. Hahah.
Original post by + polarity -
truss, some people make such a big deal about being in a relationship, why though?

No idea. I don't get people that go from one relationship to another without having a gap in the middle. It's crazy!
Gal be on that butters swag on the real though, ya dig?
Reply 19
Original post by handizivi10
Why do you feel like at 21 you should've done these things. I'm a 21 year old female and I've never done anything with a guy either but I don't let it determine my hapiness. I am not going to lie and say there haven't been times were I've thought the same as you though.

But you shouldn't feel that life has a tickbox.

I think partly the reason why you feel lonely is because you tell yourself that you are or that you let others/society standards determine what you should've done by now or what classifies you as lonely.

I think you should keep high standards for yourself so that when you do find him everything will be that much sweeter and that the first guy you get to experience life with isn't just some randomer because you felt that you had to do stuff.

Be comfortable with yourself and be no one else other than the beautiful woman that God created you to be! That cute guy who will make it his life's mission to make you happy and give you all the cuddles you want will find you soon enough. Just be patient and focus on you! :smile:

Original post by handizivi10
God created you to be!

Oh do piss off.

OP, don't worry about it; there are plenty of people in your situation. There's no requirement to have done anything by a certain age.
That said, you could try joining other societies, groups, etc. to see if you can find anyone you like. I'm sure you will soon.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending