The Student Room Group

What is the most annoying things other road users do?

Poll

What is THE most annoying thing other road users do?

Opinions?

Worst for me is people that don't indicate.

Number of times i've almost been hit by people swerving at the last second with no indication is higher than it should be...

Second would hae to be people that sit in the middle lane all day... Ffs...

Scroll to see replies

At the moment, mine is pretty specific. I park in a little car park right next to my house. There's this car that parks there often as well, but instead of parking in a bay (where is there is plenty of room), he'll just drive to the back, effectively blocking 4 spaces (2 either side). One day a couple of weeks ago he was completely blocking my car in from at least 9pm to 10am. Luckily it was half term so I didn't have to go to work!
People not indicating and pulling out without looking really annoy me :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
People not indicating that they are turning right at a mini roundabout near my house. It makes it impossible to get across during the rush hour as you can never be sure which was someone is gonna go.
Reply 4
Driving around with their front foggies on in fine weather. You don't look smart or cool. You just look like an inconsiderate ****!
Reply 5
Probably fairly common but;

Not indicating generally... On roundabouts, when turning left, turning right, merging, changing lanes at 70mph....

Speeding in a 30 zone and then driving 15mph below in every
other speed limit

People who flash their lights because they are clearly too important to follow the rules, and would rather break the sound barrier. Irrespective of the fact you and other road users are at the maximum legal speed limit and as such you've no desire to lose your licences because there is a prick behind you driving a car too large to be accommodated by a tiny brain. That includes the ones too lazy to change lanes.

The last one is particularly annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I know these aren't serious, but they're annoying all the same:

- People who make it as uncomfortable as possible for you when you're sticking to the speed limit and there are tons of speed cameras around. :s-smilie:

- Roundabouts - when cars take the exit before the one you're sat at - WHY DIDN'T YOU INDICATE TO LET ME KNOW I COULD HAVE PULLED OUT?! :angry: This is most annoying when you've already been sat at the roundabout for a few minutes..

- Oh, and finally, traffic lights which spend YEARS on red. There's one near me which, and I'm not joking here, stays red for at least 4 minutes or so... I end up switching the engine off sometimes... :rolleyes:
My top 3.

1) People who indicate super late and move without checking their mirrors or blind spot. Most likely because they are following there satnav

2) People who try force me out of my lane.

3) People who think they can justify pulling out on me at a junction with a simple wave.
The most annoying thing other road users do? Drive.
Reply 9
People behind at the traffic lights who hit their horn the second the light goes to green.
I'm learning at the moment and am careful to drive as close to the speed limit as is safe so as not to inconvenience more experienced drivers, so it annoys me when people pull out in front of me when there is nowhere near enough room because they don't want to get stuck behind a learner. On my last lesson, I was forced to do three emergency stops in 45 minutes.
Reply 11
Not indicating is probably the thing that annoys me the most, especially when you're waiting at a roundabout or something and they decide to signal at the last minute meaning you could have gone -_-
Also, people who think that it's a good idea to just avoid driving around mini roundabouts, effectively driving on the wrong side of the road/over the top. It's not really something that effects me when I'm driving, but it's like 'are you seriously too lazy to drive that little bit further AROUND the roundabout like everyone else?!'

A lot of stuff other drivers do annoys me though tbh xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I forgot to add, people who drive big 4x4's yet are clearly unaware of the size of the car thus driving 4 foot away from the curb majorly encroaching into my lane :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Not use the bloody indicators whilst turning - absolutely horrendous and idiotic.
On a rainy day drive through a big puddle near the pedestrian walk-way for fun.
Reply 14
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
I'm learning at the moment and am careful to drive as close to the speed limit as is safe so as not to inconvenience more experienced drivers, so it annoys me when people pull out in front of me when there is nowhere near enough room because they don't want to get stuck behind a learner. On my last lesson, I was forced to do three emergency stops in 45 minutes.

Don't worry to much, it's good you are considerate but some people are pricks anyway. I remember learning so give learners a wide berth. I don't want to freak them out but also because I appreciate making them go faster than they are comfortable with is dangerous. It really pisses me off to see people tailgating a new driver, it's a bully boy tactic which normally means the instructor is forced to make the learner pull over. It's usually some middle aged bloke in family saloon as well who really should know better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get so angry when people drive that close behind me,they may aswell be sitting in the car with me...

People who don't plan ahead and change lanes at the very last minute.

People who can't follow one way systems. And when you're trying to reverse park and there's always someone who can't wait to get past you and makes you rush.

Can't think of much more now but I'm sure there's more I could complain about :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cyclists who think riding in the middle of the road at 5 mph is OK. Oh and NOT STOPPING AT RED LIGHTS!
Reply 17
I hate people who tailgate when you're doing the speed limit, makes it quite awkward (if that's the correct word) to drive.

I can't stand it when someone drives 20 in a 30. I was stuck behind some guy for just over 2 miles going 15-20 in a 30mph road. It became clear he was looking at road signs and wasn't local, but still annoying :|

Nearly crashed when someone didn't indicate to notify me they were going around a vehicle; so dangerous!
In short, drive on the same road as me. The mere presence of another car annoys me, let alone the idiocy if its driver.

Original post by MORPHEUS24-7
Cyclists who think riding in the middle of the road at 5 mph is OK. Oh and NOT STOPPING AT RED LIGHTS!

Cyclists not stopping at red lights does comes pretty high up my list, I have to say.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's well annoying when they weave from lane to lanes to overtake thinking they're the king of the roads.

It's funny when they get blocked in by another car and can't get through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending