The Student Room Group

What is the most annoying things other road users do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
1. People parking on double yellow lines in most dangerous places and blocking already narrow roads. Then these #@%^&ers slap on emergency lights, and nip out to get a takeaway and think everything's OK.
This makes me soooooo mad!!!

2. People who leave motorways in the very last moment to avoid the queue on the slip road and trying to force they're way in, even though there are cars queuing with less than 5 inches of space between them. I always just show them the finger and not let them in. Thing is you should join the slip road as soon as it's possible. Not zoom past every car 80mph, then slow down sharply (causing hazard) just before the slip road separates from the mway and expect other drivers to let you in! NO! I've seen some of these morons that actually stopped on the motorway (which was not congested at all, only the slip road was) and just stood there with their left indicator on for ages. Idiots. Granted I know what someone might say - they could just be some poor guy who didn't know he wanted that exit until the last minute. Well, though! Take the next exit.

There are other things for sure, but can't remember at the moment.
1. People who drive close to you when you're at the speed limit.

2. People who brake using their handbrake in traffic (So their lights don't come on, but this doesn't happen a lot)

3. People who drive round with their headlights on in daylight.
Original post by Elwyn
Driving around with their front foggies on in fine weather. You don't look smart or cool. You just look like an inconsiderate ****!

I totally agree.
The opposite also seems to annoy me a lot (especially with all the fog we have had lately). People drive around in thick fog with no lights on. Seriously-how are we meant to see you if you havent got your lights on???
People who clearly know they're going down the wrong lane, just because there's not a queue of traffic, and there is on the one they want, they get a considerable bit of the way down the queue then just put on their indicator and think everything's okay.

And as a walker (cant insure my car yet) people who think its funny to race through puddles, beep, stare at you, race up to traffic lights (on red) then brake harshly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lukas81

People who leave motorways in the very last moment to avoid the queue on the slip road and trying to force they're way in, even though there are cars queuing with less than 5 inches of space between them. I always just show them the finger and not let them in.

That's so fricking dangerous!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Runninground
1. People who drive close to you when you're at the speed limit.

2. People who brake using their handbrake in traffic (So their lights don't come on, but this doesn't happen a lot)

3. People who drive round with their headlights on in daylight.

How do you know they're using there handbrake, there's such thing as engine braking....

What a fool lol
The op will hate me for saying this but recently motorcyclists have irked me nearly every day this week and I think it is the same guy so it isn't generalised.

Heading to work each morning this week, my side of road is clear as I am heading into the country whereas the opposite side has lots of traffic because it is heading to capital. Every day this week a motorcyclist deigns to try and overtake 12 vehicles including BIG trucks and near drive into me. I have had to slam my breaks and move to grassy verge especially when there's a chance he can be sandwiched between me and a big truck.

I am in Ireland so no straight Roman roads and they are extremely narrow.

Another issue is motorcyclists and speed limit. In 30mph zone a learner motorcyclist precariously overtook everyone despite the rest of us doing 30 and that there is a speed camera on that stretch. A more experienced motorcyclist stayed behind.

Undertaking frustrates me, I was at 40 on the button in a 40zone yet a car on the inside lane of a road overtook me and not safely. Ironically it was just in front of a police station.
Original post by Anthony.BF
How do you know they're using there handbrake, there's such thing as engine braking....

What a fool lol

You can't use engine braking to come to a complete stop, fool.
Reply 48
Original post by Emma:-)
I totally agree.
The opposite also seems to annoy me a lot (especially with all the fog we have had lately). People drive around in thick fog with no lights on. Seriously-how are we meant to see you if you havent got your lights on???

Or in the snow!!! Recently I witnessed many many cars hurtling down a dual carriageway in a blizzard with NO lights at all. Happily though a squad car had parked in a lay by and some of them got stopped further down the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by mican
people who eat in their cars , then throw their junks out towards you.... uncivilized,really.

Or people who drive like nobheads because they are on a mobile phone. Particularly if they run a red light with kids in the back seat because they are on the phone (seen recently), or when a queue of traffic is building behind a man doing 40(ish) in a national speed limit zone, chatting on his phone and smoking, completely oblivious to 50 cars behind him (also seen).

Women who do their make up whilst driving irritates me as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely bloody tailgaters.

I just lift my foot off the accelerator if I am being tailgated, they usually get the message then. If it is a one lane road, they stop tailgating and fall back, and I then resume my normal pace. If it is a multi-lane road, then they just overtake me, which I am perfectly fine with.
People not indicating whilst they are on the roundabout. Some guy who was already on the roundabout cut me because I thought he was going for the 2nd exit to where I was, but he cut me and didn't indicate (and went into the exit to my left). My instructor had to brake for me, otherwise I would have gone.
Exist?
Reply 53
Not give way when they are supposed to!!
Reply 54
People not indicating

People travelling at 30/40 in a 60 limit

People having slow reactions at roundabouts. If im 3 cars back and i can see that it your right of way because there are no cars coming then you should be able to as well!! I hate cars that check for clearance when theyre at the front of the queue!!
Reply 55
- Them bastards that drive slow, and then when you try to overtake them suddenly they learn how to use the accelerator.

- Bastard cyclists who think it's cool to be in the middle of the road during RUSH HOUR.

- In fact, cyclist that put you in that awkward position where you have to overtake quickly, and try to avoid colliding with an oncoming car.

- Bus/Van/Lorry/BMW & Audi drivers tend have the biggest *****.

- Pedestrians that casually walk onto the road like and force you to hit brakes hard.

- Pedestrians that walk on to the road and do it as slow as possible - though now that I usually blast my music loud, somehow my subwoofer gives the impression I'm a crazy driver, so they move a lot quicker.

- People that don't give way you've got the righter-way. Special place in hell for you people.

-Drivers that think rushing and risking a crash just to get one car ahead in heavy traffic is smart.

- MOTORCYCLIST on the opposite lane, who come on to your lane to beat traffic, that's cool and all, but I'm driving towards you MOVEEEE you fool.

*exhales* ok I think I'm done.
Reply 56
Tailgaters. GET OFF MY BACK.
I can't afford to get caught going over the speed limit...my insurance is expensive enough.
Reply 57
Original post by InconspicuousGuy
People not indicating and pulling out without looking really annoy me :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

This was the first thing that came to my mind as well, sick of irresponsible, selfish ****s who just don't seem to recognise that there are other cars on the road. I often have to wait longer than I should be waiting at roundabouts, just in case some **** couldn't be bothered to indicate that they're not just going straight on, its pathetic really, perhaps that other thread of bringing in retests isn't such a bad idea:angry:

Oh and arrogant ****s in vans, taxis, posh audis/bmws who tailgate me in a 30 or 40, even if I'm going above the speed limit anyway to accomodate their ridiculous impatience, I mean how much over the speed limit do these idiots want to go?!
(edited 11 years ago)
One I noticed yesterday - driving around in the fog with no lights on.

I was driving down some country roads yesterday at 2pm and it was so foggy I could hardly see anything. It was so bad I switched my fog lights on. Then suddenly some idiot in a silver car comes flying around the bend far too fast.. without any lights on. I couldn't see them until they were about 10 metres away.
Just because it's 2pm doesn't mean I can see you FFS.
Living in Cambridge I have a number of cyclist-related ones, namely:
- not signalling
- jumping red lights
- not paying attention at pedestrian crossings and thus slamming their brakes on when people try and cross the road

When I'm back at home though, drivers not indicating has to be the worst, or perhaps people that try and squeeze through really narrow gaps to get past/overtake you even when it's clear there's not enough room. Though I think both are symptomatic of a wider problem of people not being able to accept that not all drivers are 'perfect' like them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending