The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Switching Faculties after joining

Hello! :smile:

I've got an offer I'm hoping to meet for International Relations together with History (modern). Was wondering if I could perhaps drop history and take up Economics after joining?

I've heard that letting students experiment with different subjects is a part of the college system in Scotland. Although I am a bit confused since Economics is a BSc degree whereas International Relations is a BA so...what would I get if I was allowed to switch?

This forum is really very helpful. Thanks in advance to everyone who may help.
Reply 1
As far as im aware, Economic and History are under the Faculty of Arts. Aslong as the subjects are under the same faculty you will be able to take modules in them subject to pre-requisites.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by StAndrewsBound
Hello! :smile:

I've got an offer I'm hoping to meet for International Relations together with History (modern). Was wondering if I could perhaps drop history and take up Economics after joining?

I've heard that letting students experiment with different subjects is a part of the college system in Scotland. Although I am a bit confused since Economics is a BSc degree whereas International Relations is a BA so...what would I get if I was allowed to switch?

This forum is really very helpful. Thanks in advance to everyone who may help.

Depends.............. first is there any places avaliable, second you got to meet the requirements of the Economics course.........then fill in a form and change your finance, etc and its done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending