The Student Room Group

How simple is it to transfer courses once in UNI???

There's a uni I'd love to go to but I don't think my predicted grades alone are enough to get me an offer rn for my course. If I apply for a diff course in the same faculty w lower requirements how easy would it be to switch over? Im positive I can do better than my current predicted grades. I got BBB in my mocks and that's what I'm currently predicted but I'm confident I can get AAA or A*AA :frown: I feel like most teachers do do one letter higher than mocks but mine have absolutely refused. Is this a dumb idea and will I be stuck in the course I pick
Reply 1
Switching 'once at Uni' looks like a way to beat the system but it isn't easy at all - and in most cases it isn't even possible.
1) There would have to be spaces on the other course - unlikely, and by the time you have switched you would have missed weeks of the introductory material.
2) You would have to have the same grades as all the others on that new course. So it isnt a sneaky way to get onto a course via the back door because you didnt have the right grades to get a place the 'usual way'.

Never, ever, apply for a course at any Uni in the hope that you might be allowed to switch courses later - if it isnt possible then you are stuck on a course you didn't want to do, For 3+ years.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Switching 'once at Uni' looks like a way to beat the system but it isn't easy at all - and in most cases it isn't even possible.
1) There would have to be spaces on the other course - unlikely, and by the time you have switched you would have missed weeks of the introductory material.
2) You would have to have the same grades as all the others on that new course. So it isnt a sneaky way to get onto a course via the back door because you didnt have the right grades to get a place the 'usual way'.

Never, ever, apply for a course at any Uni in the hope that you might be allowed to switch courses later - if it isnt possible then you are stuck on a course you didn't want to do, For 3+ years.

Hmm that makes sense. I'm applying for engineering so I had figured the first couple of lectures are the same no matter which discipline 😭

Also - I feel like you're always among the first to answer my questions haha, thank you. your name is a familiar one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending